Super saints v Kilmarnock 06/02/21

5 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Remember guys you haven’t beaten us this season, you’re having a decent run but that can turn.

2-1 Killie 

I'm taking nothing for granted. 

Our home League form has only produced 2 wins this season, so this will be a tricky game. 

Any outcome is possible, even if our form is better between the 2 clubs.

1 hour ago, monthelie' said:

Wondering how the pitch is, and if an inspection is planned. It's been torrential all day.

Forecast to be dry from about 9.00/10.00 this evening, through tomorrow. Plenty of time to dry out.

Killie are the last team outside the top three to beat us in Paisley, way back in September.
Is James Fowler in the running for the permanent managers at Killie position? Haven’t seen his name mentioned as a possible candidate but he’s certainly served his time as assistant at various places, including us. Surely he’d be a better appointment than Elvis.
We will have Dennis, Brophy and Quaner out today and I’m not sure what’s going on with Erwin. Surely a start for Obika after his goal from the bench midweek.
Like to see Ethan back in the midfield aswell felt we missed his combativeness on Tuesday.
Killie certainly need the win more than we do, although three points for us would really cement our top six push. Think both teams will end up frustrated after another...
1-1

53 minutes ago, Lex said:

Killie are the last team outside the top three to beat us in Paisley, way back in September.
Is James Fowler in the running for the permanent managers at Killie position? Haven’t seen his name mentioned as a possible candidate but he’s certainly served his time as assistant at various places, including us. Surely he’d be a better appointment than Elvis.
We will have Dennis, Brophy and Quaner out today and I’m not sure what’s going on with Erwin. Surely a start for Obika after his goal from the bench midweek.
Like to see Ethan back in the midfield aswell felt we missed his combativeness on Tuesday.
Killie certainly need the win more than we do, although three points for us would really cement our top six push. Think both teams will end up frustrated after another...
1-1

Lex, I mean this in the nicest possible way, you would be a better appointment than Pressley. That desk banging arsehole better not even be present in a KA postcode area.

Tough to know how we'll like up today. The 4-4-2 might have to make way because of a lack of personnel. 

We have so many options/permutations though. McGrath, Connolly or McAllister could all play off Obika. Equally they could all play wide.

Flynn should be in, but might be tired. If he does play, does JDH miss out after selling us down the river in midweek? 

I think we'll see McGrath wide, McAllister off Obika, and Ethan in the middle with JDH.

Crazy number of strong options at the minute, though. No wonder we let Foley leave.

I've got the fear for this one, not confident at all. Killie had the measure of us last time and only them dropping far too deep in the last 15 mins, combined with a howler from the keeper saved us. I think it might be similar today, but without them completely shiteing it at the end.

Other than the 1- 0 victory where Durmus scored, in recent times, we've been pretty shit against Kilmarnock, albeit we've tended to succumb only to 1 goal defeats.

We need to up our game today, and score a couple, as Kilmarnock usually seem to dig out at least one goal against us.

Both teams have influential players unavailable for one reason or another and Kilmarnock have a couple of new signings that they could add to the mix.

Would be nice to see our midfield being more attack minded today.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Feel today is a massive game for us. 3pts here and I'll start believing we can make top 6. Feel a defeat would drag us back into it.

It would take some implosion in form to see us dragged back into the relegation battle imo. We haven’t been beaten at home by anyone outside the OF for months, and we have 6 home games to play in the next 7. Too many teams below would need to go on unlikely runs of form to see us caught imo. Will never say never, as it is St. Mirren, but it’s the first season in the top flight that I would be pretty confident in saying this early that we will be playing top flight football next season. 

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It would take some implosion in form to see us dragged back into the relegation battle imo. We haven’t been beaten at home by anyone outside the OF for months, and we have 6 home games to play in the next 7. Too many teams below would need to go on unlikely runs of form to see us caught imo. Will never say never, as it is St. Mirren, but it’s the first season in the top flight that I would be pretty confident in saying this early that we will be playing top flight football next season. 

Hibs also beat us, of course, but your broader point still stands.

Here we are. Looks like a 4-4-1-1 with either McGrath or McAllister wide right, with the other playing off Obika. I hope it's McAllister playing more advanced. He was outstanding Vs Celtic, and McGrath has a better workrate for the wide position.

EtjCEeZXMAY6g96.jpeg

Edited by Coventry Saint

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Here we are:

EtjCEeZXMAY6g96.jpeg

Plenty of confidence in Obika leading the line today. He gets a rough time from some of the supporters, but I’m not sure what else they are expecting from him. He’s not a clinical finisher but he can score goals, he can play with the ball at his feet and is competent in the air. Durmus and McAllister have both been in good form recently, if they can get the beating of the full backs and get balls into the box Obika can finish them.