Super saints v Kilmarnock 06/02/21

Brophy to shoot from 40 yards 5 separate times in his desperation to score against us. 2 of them to go in as Colin Doyle has got poppadom wrists. 3-0 defeat before an underwhelming managerial appointment on Monday. 

I'd rather Celtic had only just crossed the line for the 3 points with a meek effort with little fanfare. The 4-0 loss will have focussed minds a little, I feel, but hopefully we can knock any latent fortitude out of them and take the 3 points ourselves.

I did say in The Big Relegation Thread that this and our game against United would be key in regarding our position come the end of the season and while the result in terms of goals against United was superb it's still only 3 points. I was looking for at least 4 and perhaps 6 from these two games. I see no reason to change that view now, although, obviously, I'd be pleased with the latter.

44 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Don't think Brophy can play against us this season. 

Can't say  a looking forward to this game, despite it being my favourite away game as I live next to Paisley and a lot of my friends are St Mirren fans. 

Hopefully Mulumbu and Kiltie will be fit/available for selection.  

You are correct.

It's an SPFL rule that you can't play against your parent club whilst on loan.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You are correct.

It's an SPFL rule that you can't play against your parent club whilst on loan.

Might leave us with just Obika fit with Erwin, Quaner out, and possibly Dennis if he doesn't recover from his injury from the other night.

7 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Might leave us with just Obika fit with Erwin, Quaner out, and possibly Dennis if he doesn't recover from his injury from the other night.

Connolly could play as part of a front two.

Erwin was on the bench the other evening.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, Lola montez said:

Top 6 Saints are at home again, I would like to see  Connolly runnng at Calum Waters all day long, going for 2-0, Brophy to break his duck against his old club and celebrate like it was Christmas 

I'd leave Connolly on the bench and give him half an hour of constant sprints against Waters at the end of the game.

Top 6 Saints are at home again, I would like to see  Connolly runnng at Calum Waters all day long, going for 2-0, Brophy to break his duck against his old club and celebrate like it was Christmas 

He'll have a hard job with Waters out after surgery on a hernia last week.

I think that situation is quite unlikely considering Calum Waters is out for months and Brophy is ineligible given the fact that he’s still our player. 

Had a look at this weekend’s slate of top flight fixtures. Look like a set where results could go in a pleasing fashion for the Top 6 Saints.... as long as we get a win in our game. Eleven men still on the park by full time please Saints.

52 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Dennis if he doesn't recover from his injury from the other night.

Dennis injured? Thought he was just the one sacrificed for the sub Keeper

Dennis won't make Saturday Goodwin confirmed today. 

He did say though that his only absences are Alnwick, Dennis and Quaner (who will hopefully be back for the following weekend as he's making good progress.)

So Obika, Erwin and Jamieson will be our forward options.