Arbroath vs Pars vs Poseidon vs Aeolus

3 minutes ago, unknown1954 said:

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t...anagers_post_Arbroath&ID=12842

" I don't want it to sound like sour grapes " well you failed for the second time today Stevie what an embarrassing interview

We fell to pieces from the start. Players were complaining about the game going ahead from the first minute. It was heads gone stuff, whilst Arbroath just got on with it.

Arbroath knew exactly what to do today. Almost like they had experienced it before.

Our players will have experienced wind at a game before.

Even if they somehow, inexplicably, haven't then it's poor preparation. The weather has been the same all week and was forecast for today to be the same.

There's plenty of footage of teams playing against and with the wind, so why didn't they prepare accordingly?

Totally lost the plot in that interview. Players clearly just assumed the game was going to get called off. It should have, but you need to get on with it and we never bothered our arse.

Don’t get that interview at all . The only concern should be with the playing surface. If that is considered playable, no other elements should be considered. The manager sets out his team to adapt to any other conditions. Fair play , and congratulations to Arbroath, who adapted better on the day . 

Great result and great performance today, i honestly thought if it was 0-0 after 30 mins the ref would have abandoned the game as it was a bit of a farce but fair play to the Red Lichties as they coped better than the Pars and well deserved the 3 points.

Very hard to say who was MOM, in the first half it was Bobby by a mile but over the 90 mins i would give it to the whole team including the subs but if you pushed me then it would be McKenna.

In regards Arbroath FC TV it is brilliant coverage but i do wish they would not talk about "well it looks like this is a great result" with 10 or even 5 minutes to go as that could come back to bite you in the bum, to be fair it was more Ewan than the Fermer, just say statements like that after 90 minutes once the full time whistle has been blown as i was nearly booting the TV when he was saying stuff like that lol.

Well done lads, 36-0.

Don’t think we can be overly critical of Crawford and his comments, he’s lost a game where his players didn’t really deal with a strong wind very well and by all accounts had a few players missing (as did we btw) so emotions are running high. 

Most of what he said is pretty accurate and what most were saying on here apart from the players getting injured comment which is a real head scratcher. 

Another great performance. 

Awful conditions, possibly worse than Wednesday nicht ; but both teams had 45 mins to make the most of them and Arbroath certainly did that. The team really took the game by the throat from the get go. 

Linn is such a huge player for the club. I was really hoping one of those strikes went in today for him. TOB could play in the Premiership, not over egging that at all ; seen enough of him - barring a bit of a disaster on the first day of the season - he's been outstanding and such a great asset to the team. Love his attitude and that he takes pops as well, he almost scored a cracker against Thistle last year like he did today (even if it took a huge deflection). Jason Thomson was solid and had a terrific game. And Hilson, who I'm not too sure about at this level - has been playing excellent of late and credit for the goal. Williamson was a bit quieter, but still did fine. McKenna was excellent, he also came across as a good, honest dude in that pre-match interview too, sounds like he loves playing for the Lichties. Hamilton had a decent game, would have been lovely if he had gone for 3 for 3 , but a fantastic start to his career, and not tempt fate, but best striker in a few years?! 

Gaston has improved almost week by week. He truly is a decent keeper, and fantastic to get a clean sheet. 

Having watched most of the games this season, and the Pars game at EEP - we were unlucky not get something there - so to win today was a nice return. The Pars have a decent squad, and their league position/form shows that ; but if, and it's still early days, the Lichties can start turning those solid draws in to 3 pts then I think there's a chance of a decent finish again this year. Again, I'll take 8th right now if offered it though. 

Clíché alert, but Jaysus, next week is a HUGE game. Will definitely be purchasing it, just hope Alloa TV uses their own camera rather than pixel SPFL ones!

Delighted and keep on truckin' 

Missed the first 20 odd minutes after the right carry on off trying to log in and pay.

Arbroath played the conditions (which were horrific for both teams) brilliantly in both half’s. direct play and getting shots away in the first half and winning seconds balls taking a much needed lead into the break.

2nd half we were very professional and organised and dealt with pretty much everything. Dunfermline tried to play nice passing football when really it wasn’t a day for it.

Crawford interview is very baffling some daft comments as stated above. DC clearly buzzing like all the fans with another big 3 points and out the relegation playoff place hopefully continue to move up the table

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Football shouldn't come down to who can shitfest a win in a hurricane.

Not Arbroath's fault. They did what they had to do and were much more switched on to it. It completely flummoxed our lot.

How exactly did Arbroath shitfest that?

A great display of attacking shoot-on-sight football in the first half, with composed defending and hit-on-the break attack in the second.

IMO, AFC were the most likely team in both halves. That's hardly shitfesting.

In the three games so far this season, the Pars deservedly won the cup-tie at Gayfield, neither team deserved to lose on Boxing Day, and the Lichties beat a poor DAFC today. 

Blaming the weather for your own team's inadequacies on the day isn't a good look.