Arbroath vs Pars vs Poseidon vs Aeolus

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Kind words but I sincerely doubt we'll push Hearts. In this form we'll be lucky to make the playoffs!

Anyway, well deserved win for your lot today. Easily the better team.

On your day imo you lot are better than Hearts, Today wasn’t a day to be judged, The real Dunfermilne were the team we played in the cup and arguably best team we have played this season 😁🇱🇻⚽

11 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

On your day imo you lot are better than Hearts, Today wasn’t a day to be judged, The real Dunfermilne were the team we played in the cup and arguably best team we have played this season 😁🇱🇻⚽

Kind words but ultimately we should be judged in every game, we have spent money on some decent players but today they didn’t seem up for it and the tactics were awful. No fan can find this acceptable. We are on a terrible run and what’s frustrating is seeing how well we did against Rovers.

Weve lost Dow and Thomas and Turner has been effected by something as well. It’s quite worrying and frustrating and this has been the way since Crawford took over. It just says to me that if our form is all over the place then most of it is down to the players rather than good footballing management. Dick manages to get 100% out of guys who, on paper, are less talented or cost as much. 
We should be judged.

Kind words but ultimately we should be judged in every game, we have spent money on some decent players but today they didn’t seem up for it and the tactics were awful. No fan can find this acceptable. We are on a terrible run and what’s frustrating is seeing how well we did against Rovers.
Weve lost Dow and Thomas and Turner has been effected by something as well. It’s quite worrying and frustrating and this has been the way since Crawford took over. It just says to me that if our form is all over the place then most of it is down to the players rather than good footballing management. Dick manages to get 100% out of guys who, on paper, are less talented or cost as much. 
We should be judged.

Fair enough. You were poor. Outplayed all over the park.

Just now, stan3600 said:

Fair enough. You were poor. Outplayed all over the park.

I talked up Arbroath after seeing us struggle at home, it’s frustrating as I do feel we have better players. 
On a nice sunny day when you get time on the ball it’s good to play football but today was all about fight and hard work and we didn’t apply ourselves.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

I talked up Arbroath after seeing us struggle at home, it’s frustrating as I do feel we have better players. 
On a nice sunny day when you get time on the ball it’s good to play football but today was all about fight and hard work and we didn’t apply ourselves.

Aside from the cup game, Crawford has absolutely shat it big time at Arbroath. Our two performances up there last season were disgusting.

Edited by DA Baracus

Let’s hope it’s a nice sunny day on 24th April and we’ll see who’s better. I reckon we now have half a dozen players who’d compete for a place in any Championship team.

1 minute ago, stan3600 said:

Let’s hope it’s a nice sunny day in 24th April and we’ll see who’s better. I reckon we now have half a dozen players who’d compete for a place in any Championship team.

I mean that Crawford has tried to play the game today like it was a sunny day on a perfect pitch. Not saying Arbroath aren’t capable. I do feel that our starting 11 is superior. Just my opinion.

Let’s hope it’s a nice sunny day on 24th April and we’ll see who’s better. I reckon we now have half a dozen players who’d compete for a place in any Championship team.

We’ve beat you twice already this season and sit miles above you in the table. Your team took advantage of poor conditions today and we looked like we couldn’t be arsed. I think it’s fair to say we are a better team. Enjoy your win today; it’s obviously a massive one in your fight for survival.

Missed the first 35mins but managed to log on in time to see Hilson's goal. Wasn't sure if 2 goals up at half time would be enough but Dunfermline didn't seem to have a clue how to play with the wind advantage in the second half. It was almost like they were shot shy and wanted to walk the ball into the net. Thankfully for us that was a great tactic. The goalmouth scramble was about the only time they looked like they might score.

Great result for us, couldn't single  anyone out for man of the match, super team performance.

Can understand how the Pars fans feel, really frustrating for them, particularly that second half. But it's only one game and nothing is guaranteed in football. As Jimmy Greaves said, "It's a funny old game".

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Someone needs a cuddle

Ye probably.

Just never seen anything like it today. I really don't know how that was deemed sufficient conditions to play football.

Arbroath tactically got it right and not surpisingly adapted to it. We looked puzzled at the start that this was allowed to continue and I think the players were out of sorts from there on in because of it. We just couldn't adapt.

I'm sure Arbroath will enjoy a good win tonight and quite right.

As a Pars fan I will quite happily forget the worst and most bizzare football match I've ever  seen.

Edited by Chubbychops