Arbroath vs Pars vs Poseidon vs Aeolus

We played the conditions better. There is no way that game should have started IMO but the lads went out there and done everything they needed to. That 3 points could be absolutely massive come the end of the season
Hope you boys stay up.

Not saying it happened here, but...

Never complain about the conditions to the players, and don't accept any complaints from them either. Leave the call to the ref.

The weather had already beaten us before kickoff today. Dick Campbell's prematch interview alluded to what was being said, and he no doubt boosted his players morale by making the point we didn't fancy it.

Arbroath's gameplay worked.

Still an absolutely hideous game to watch. My retinas will suffer the scars of that for a long time.

Commentators are both very good. Easy to sit and slag them but it wouldn’t be easy to do. 

They’re just being themselves, some of the other ones I’ve watched this season they’ve been trying too hard to be professional and it just doesn’t work. 

Arbroath TV as it is best I’ve seen aside from maybe Raith who were very good too.

5 minutes ago, parslad said:

My fuckin eyes bled reading that. You get a win, move above us then post on an Arbroath v Pars thread. Wee team mentality.

That Basher Brash lad is the type of utterly humourless and joyless fan who simply can't do football banter. Raith fans are absolutely right to have a chuckle at our expense today but this Brasher guy comes across as an irate thicko with a colossal chip on his shoulder who is making things up to fuel some weird sense of injustice. No one was saying we were late millennium France after Wednesday's game, but apparently we were thinking we were 'world beaters' because we dished out a pumping.

There's a Rovers fan who has posted an amusing GIF on that thread. That's a decent bit of patter, not some snarly wee pitbull type yelping like BB.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

That Basher Brash lad is the type of utterly humourless and joyless fan who simply can't do football banter. Raith fans are absolutely right to have a chuckle at our expense today but this Brasher guy comes across as an irate thicko with a colossal chip on his shoulder who is making things up to fuel some weird sense of injustice. No one was saying we were late millennium France after Wednesday's game, but apparently we were thinking we were 'world beaters' because we dished out a pumping.

There's a Rovers fan who has posted an amusing GIF on that thread. That's a decent bit of patter, not some snarly wee pitbull type yelping like BB.

Ooft! Ragin' disnae cover that mess of a meltdown.

Really disciplined and determined performance plus decent tactics from the Lichties and it is unusual, even with the wind , to have a 2 goal cushion going into the second half.   Arbroath have no particular advantage with the wind - we train two evenings each week in Perth so the only exposure we get is home games

Give credit to dogged closing down/ defensive performance second half but, as DC mentioned, our Keeper had barely a save to make second half while we peppered the Pars goal first half.  

Very satisfactory and it's definitely tightening up down the bottom of the table as we pass the halfway stage (others have games in hand).  We need to keep this going.

Just caught up on the last three pages, some hilarious reading. Dunfermline now have the wind, Inverness did well with it on Wednesday so expect them to do the same. Should finish 2.2 at least as we won’t be able to get out our box. 25/1 is brilliant odds. Chucked a tenner on it 
Oh ye of little faith

33 minutes ago, parslad said:

My fuckin eyes bled reading that. You get a win, move above us then post on an Arbroath v Pars thread. Wee team mentality.

Not at all your all giving it large when really when pumping us on Wednesday means nothing in the grand scheme of things

Terrific performance from the Lichties - professional and battling. We were best all over the park. Dick as usual has a selective memory - Gaston made one great save.

Man of the match is a tough one. Craigen controlled the midfield, both full backs were excellent, Hamilton put in a great all round performance, but I’d give it to Bobby for a sizzling first half. Looks like Moore will be making sub appearances for now.

16 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Not a chip stating facts don’t dish it out junior giving it large after Wednesday it’s banter ye melt

Where did I do this?

Try again kid.

Incidentally, as I've already said, I'm absolutely fine with taking some banter when, like today, my team has been pish. But your pish isn't banter; it's just utterly devoid of humour and comes across like you have a massive inferiority complex.

Edited by DA Baracus

I like most others couldn’t believe it started but when it did it was all about whoever dealt with the conditions the best in either half, Rolling up the sleeves, putting in a shift and getting on with it, Was almost like a repeat of Wednesday (Inverness) but Arbroath were even better today and managed the conditions and game superbly, Every player in Maroon was fantastic and we would be hard called to pick a Motm, Absolutely superb and such a huge result this and keeps the amazing unbeaten run and climb up the table going, Dunfermline are obviously  a great side and will bounce back from this and will still push Hearts and make the top 4 at least imo, All the best for the rest of the season Pars 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻😁

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

4 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

I like most others couldn’t believe it started but when it did it was all about whoever dealt with the conditions the best in either half, Rolling up the sleeves, putting in a shift and getting on with it, Was almost like a repeat of Wednesday (Inverness) but Arbroath were even better today and managed the conditions and game superbly, Every player in Maroon was fantastic and we would be hard called to pick a Motm, Absolutely superb and such a huge result this and keeps the amazing unbeaten run and climb up the table going, Dunfermline are obviously  a great side and will bounce back from this and will still push Hearts and make the top 4 at least imo, All the best for the rest of the season Pars 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻😁

Kind words but I sincerely doubt we'll push Hearts. In this form we'll be lucky to make the playoffs!

Anyway, well deserved win for your lot today. Easily the better team.