Do Rangers get a "free pass" from referees?

Does Rangers get a "free pass" from referees?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I don't think you're too clued up on your history. Whether it's the club you support, the historical meaning of words, or what makes someone a bigot. 

Hell of an assumption to call someone a bigot, based on the use of a word traditionally used to describe German soldiers, or things/people one generally doesn't like. 

Suggests to me the only thick one here, is you. 

😂 😂😂

Just now, CCB19035 said:

Excellent. 

A guy who supports a club with historically the most bigoted supporters in the country, turns around and calls someone else a bigot, for using a three letter word aforementioned supporters decided wasn't ok. 

Cheers. 

😂😂😂

Keep going...you'd save time if you just did a quick google for the definiton of bigot and embraced the fact you're a bigot rather than writing to me on here.

You're not just a bigot for being sectarian, your whole approach is bigoted.

As has been pointed out to you, you blatantly have some comprehension issues so I'd urge you to re read your initial posts to me alongside the defintion of bigot and relax content in your little bigot bubble. Perhaps get an adult to read it out for you. 

You're like those racist English blokes that say they hate muslims people openly but also try and say this isn't racist. I don't know why that term rankles with you so much when it's blatantly applicable, own it. 

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I don't even get who its meant to be bigoted against? Protestants I assume? 

This *** nonsense is hilarious I would imagine over half the folk who use the word are of that faith. It just doesn’t stack up.

I tried to explore this last week I.e. am I a *** through my background or is it specific to Rangers fans but just got fobbed off because it is deemed offensive in Nothern Ireland, a country I spent 8 hours in for work once.

P&B determined to use its sectarian language and attach new meanings to it in order to justify it.

People with a serious commitment to anti-sectarianism don’t use the H word. It’s a very simple rule of thumb that will serve you well in your social life.

17 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I'm still yet to be told who I'm being bigoted against? What marginalised group in society does the word "***" have a negative impact on? Who is being oppressed by the use of the word "***?"

The most bizarre response I was told in regard to this was it was a sectarian term for a rangers fan. Possibly another ‘worlds first’ for them to manufacture a sectarian term reserved only for a fan of a particular team. Very strange people.

I don't think the Rangers are treated any differently from any other team by the referees, except the soft or imaginary penalties, players not receiving their red cards till 3 days after the incident and  opposition teams being governed by a much stricter set of laws. 

I think Gerrard made some valid comments in his press conference this morning on the disciplinary process as a whole.

He mentioned that in the Roofe report, it said the incident hadn't been seen or hadn't been seen clearly yet a yellow card was given at the time. So there's either two scenarios that have occurred here. The referee seen the tackle but applied the laws incorrectly and only issued a yellow instead of a red. Or, the ref never seen the incident clearly and guessed what had happened by issuing a yellow card.

In each scenario, the referee got it wrong and I think Gerrard's main concern is that we are at risk of games being re-refereed now which is not what is supposed to happen and it doesn't seem to happen consistently given some of the incidents that have went without further punishment.

Edited by AJF

Which in turn means they get a more lenient view from referees as they wouldn’t need reviewed if judged correctly at the time. Neil Francis should perhaps note that as well. I’ve yet to see Greg Taylor be cited or mentioned by Lennon but that doesn’t suit his warped agenda.

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Which in turn means they get a more lenient view from referees as they wouldn’t need reviewed if judged correctly at the time. Neil Francis should perhaps note that as well. I’ve yet to see Greg Taylor be cited or mentioned by Lennon but that doesn’t suit his warped agenda.

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

There have been multiple incidents this season not committed by a Rangers or Celtic player that were red card offences but escaped punishment on the field and then were not cited afterwards so I'm not sure this argument is entirely balanced.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I think Gerrard made some valid comments in his press conference this morning on the disciplinary process as a whole.

He mentioned that in the Roofe report, it said the incident hadn't been seen or hadn't been seen clearly yet a yellow card was given at the time. So there's either two scenarios that have occurred here. The referee seen the tackle but applied the laws incorrectly and only issued a yellow instead of a red. Or, the ref never seen the incident clearly and guessed what had happened by issuing a yellow card.

In each scenario, the referee got it wrong and I think Gerrard's main concern is that we are at risk of games being re-refereed now which is not what is supposed to happen and it doesn't seem to happen consistently given some of the incidents that have went without further punishment.

We don't have VAR so the concept of retrospective punishment shouldn't be controversial at all in Scottish football. Referees miss things. There may be a discussion to be had around consistency of what gets pulled up but basically turning his guns on the refs is poor.

Gerrard is playing games here and it's fairly embarrassing.

59 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We don't have VAR so the concept of retrospective punishment shouldn't be controversial at all in Scottish football. Referees miss things. There may be a discussion to be had around consistency of what gets pulled up but basically turning his guns on the refs is poor.

Gerrard is playing games here and it's fairly embarrassing.

Retrospective punishment is controversial because it's being used disproportionately against one team to rereferee games.

The system is for incidents that have been missed by officials,  not for incidents that have been seen and dealt with.

On 07/02/2021 at 10:31, CCB19035 said:

I don't think you're too clued up on your history. Whether it's the club you support, the historical meaning of words, or what makes someone a bigot. 

Hell of an assumption to call someone a bigot, based on the use of a word traditionally used to describe German soldiers, or things/people one generally doesn't like. 

Suggests to me the only thick one here, is you. 

‘***’ was traditionally used to describe the race of nomads who, led by Attlia, conquered Europe in around the 4th century was it not ?

Unless the history I was taught at school was wrong ?

Anyone seeing the Morelos stamp on Porteous could see it was no accident and that issuing a retrospective punishment, in this case a 3 match ban, was appropriate and kind of underlined the point of having the process.

For me the Roofe one was chalk and cheese, absolutely no intent in my opinion and the kind of incident that happens a lot in Scottish football.  The ref saw it and issued a yellow.  Some you get away with and some you don't but subjecting that kind of challenge to the retrospective process understandably leads to accusations of what about that tackle, well what about that tackle, etc and I don't think it helps the game.  

Out of curiosity I did decide to check on how widely used VAR now is and was pretty shocked at the results....

var.jpg