Do Rangers get a "free pass" from referees?

Does Rangers get a "free pass" from referees?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Joking aside......

I think it's a combination of big team bias, referee incompetence and the fact that fans and the media can scrutinise almost every decision to the nth degree.

Although, the former is not nearly as blatant as it was 30/40 years ago.

Having said that, there are occasions when it can't be just down to referee incompetence. :rolleyes:

Rangers' four penalty awards analysed as Andrew Dallas is put under the microscope - Daily Record

1 hour ago, G51 said:

f**k the facepainters and indeed all the creditors.

debt is not a moral obligation. that it is portrayed as such is one of capitalism's greatest victories and one of the reasons why that system is so oppressive.

(this thread has completely derailed, so why not use it to argue for liquidation from an anarcho-communist perspective)

You will be the type that borrows a tenner of a mate then spends months avoiding him.

To bring this back on track..........

The initial question asked if Rangers were getting a free pass.

Is there another team in the division where two consecutive matches have had episodes where players were deemed to commit red card challenges that the ref didnt deal with correctly? I cant remember that happening.

Not a lot has changed since that Levein interview above, Rangers have always, and continue to get an easy ride from refs.

It is really irritating, as they are a good team to watch and do not need the refs help - but they won 6 points in those matches v St Johnstone and Hibs while in both matches they should have been down to 10 men and the outcome may have been different.

I look forward to Stormzys "heids gone" response.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55948694

9 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

How am I a bigot? 

Bigoted against bigots? 

20 hours ago, Stormzy said:

^Ooft dial it down lads, we have a hard man 😂😂😂 

I don't have to explain a bigots own stupidity towards them, that would be a massive waste of my time you odious cretin.

A bigot with comprehension issues. Who would have guessed it. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Is there another team in the division where two consecutive matches have had episodes where players were deemed to commit red card challenges that the ref didnt deal with correctly? I cant remember that happening.

Not a lot has changed since that Levein interview above, Rangers have always, and continue to get an easy ride from refs.

It is really irritating, as they are a good team to watch and do not need the refs help - but they won 6 points in those matches v St Johnstone and Hibs while in both matches they should have been down to 10 men and the outcome may have been different.

I look forward to Stormzys "heids gone" response.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55948694

Rangers being targeted disproportionately by the SFA over retrospective action mainly due to media dog whistling is hardly what anyone would call a free pass.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Rangers being targeted disproportionately by the SFA over retrospective action mainly due to media dog whistling is hardly what anyone would call a free pass.

You are deliberately missing the point that by benefitting from retrospective - as opposed to in game - action that Rangers have been given an advantage in both of the games I mentioned above.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You are deliberately missing the point that by benefitting from retrospective - as opposed to in game - action that Rangers have been given an advantage in both of the games I mentioned above.

Having players banned at a disproportionate level from other teams which aren't facing the same scrutiny is not an advantage. 

14 minutes ago, bennett said:

Having players banned at a disproportionate level from other teams which aren't facing the same scrutiny is not an advantage. 

Keeping 11 men on the park, winning 3 points that may or may not have been gained otherwise is an advantage. Retrospective action is an occupational hazard in line with a hamstring twinge in training, it does not affect what has already happened.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Is there another team in the division where two consecutive matches have had episodes where players were deemed to commit red card challenges that the ref didnt deal with correctly? 

yes.

in fact, I’d wager this has happened to every team, including the one you support.

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

Morelos and Roofe deserved to be red carded. That is a given. 

Its not "if" they offended, it's "when" they get huckled for it that is the main issue.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Morelos and Roofe deserved to be red carded. That is a given. 

Its not "if" they offended, it's "when" they get huckled for it that is the main issue.

Plenty of players deserve to be red carded but don't receive one. By disproportionately concentrating on one team for retrospective punishment means that the system is not balanced and other teams who aren't being scrutinised have a serious advantage here.

This reply covers Perky and that sheep fan too.

26 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

What's stupid about what I've said? Genuinely? All fine and well saying X Y Z but if you can't explain then why bother?

The fact you can't comprehend the fact you've used bigoted language earlier in this thread directed towards me when you were in hard man mode and now you've calmed down is pretty stupid. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you know what a bigot is or what it is to be bigoted and I invite you to go and read your own posts towards me and then try and figure out why that term is applicable towards yourself. I'll give you a clue, it's amazingly enough censored on this platform... 

Just now, bennett said:

Plenty of players deserve to be red carded but don't receive one. By disproportionately concentrating on one team for retrospective punishment means that the system is not balanced and other teams who aren't being scrutinised have a serious advantage here.

This reply covers Perky and that sheep fan too.

I partially agree, the neanderthal should be facing a ban for his violent conduct as well. Yet they have chosen to chase Ajeti instead for something that is a bit meh in my eyes which conveniently takes the focus away from his offence.

2 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I partially agree, the neanderthal should be facing a ban for his violent conduct as well. Yet they have chosen to chase Ajeti instead for something that is a bit meh in my eyes which conveniently takes the focus away from his offence.

If you mean Roofe, he was cited by the SFA yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

fucking hell