Morton vs Raith Rovers

20 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It really does. I think the commentator/ex player works a lot better than what we have. As much as Raith TV coverage overall is hard to fault there have been a couple of commentary teams I’ve enjoyed more than our own.

Anyone experiencing the video/audio home coverage before this season will know we had started to get former or current injured players in on commentary when there was the opportunity to do so (Gregory Tade, Ross Matthews, Brad Spencer, Julian Broddle are some I can recall off the top of my head). Unfortunately due to social distancing in the commentary booth and other COVID rules this hasn’t been possible so far. We’ve tried to bring an element of chat with former players with the half-time interviews but these are pre-recorded so can’t speak on the action.  Hopefully when restrictions lift we can get some of these guys in.

26 minutes ago, Rover94 said:

Also I would prefer to listen to the commentary team at raith tv that also do there homework on the other teams also the commentary team at Morton did not know to much about our players were if it was raith tv they would have tried to get any information on new Morton players.

The Raith TV guys were literally referring to a Hearts player as “the new guy” two weeks ago. As an away fan I’d find the constant matey references to “Davo”, “Vaughney”, “Bene” etc. a bit grating, but these are all minor points, the overall package is a good one. The Alloa commentary team had really seemed to have done their homework on both sides when we played them back in December. The need for Raith fans to unequivocally proclaim their own commentary team “the best in the league” is tribal nonsense.

The Raith TV guys were literally referring to a Hearts player as “the new guy” two weeks ago. As an away fan I’d find the constant matey references to “Davo”, “Vaughney”, “Bene” etc. a bit grating, but these are all minor points, the overall package is a good one. The Alloa commentary team had really seemed to have done their homework on both sides when we played them back in December. The need for Raith fans to unequivocally proclaim their own commentary team “the best in the league” is tribal nonsense.
I like Niall and Davies work for Raithtv. I like the morton commentators work as well. Can we not just be glad that they aren't the caley commentator, grrrrr.

Remember that Davie and Niall both spend a lot of time at the club and know most of the players as friends. Sometimes difficult to separate what they know them as with what their full English surname is. 

Really, if that’s the only thing folk find annoying, I’m sure the guys are happy with that. 

18 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Anyone experiencing the video/audio home coverage before this season will know we had started to get former or current injured players in on commentary when there was the opportunity to do so (Gregory Tade, Ross Matthews, Brad Spencer, Julian Broddle are some I can recall off the top of my head). Unfortunately due to social distancing in the commentary booth and other COVID rules this hasn’t been possible so far. We’ve tried to bring an element of chat with former players with the half-time interviews but these are pre-recorded so can’t speak on the action.  Hopefully when restrictions lift we can get some of these guys in.

I keep floating it to our players because they sit behind the commentary team. Noone seems up for it though😂

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

That backs up @Scottydog 's opinion, if there is decent wifi to utilise Pixalotte there surely must be scope to live stream from that side.

Pretty sure Pixie has her own dedicated connection.

Anyway, club said if was technical reasons why they don't broadcast from the other side.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Pretty sure Pixie has her own dedicated connection.

Anyway, club said if was technical reasons why they don't broadcast from the other side.

I liked that :) 

One point though - it doesnt have to take "3 people working 4 machines" to produce live replays during the game. Im sure if the guys from TonTV want to reach out to anyone on here connected with their clubs TV they'd be happy to give some ideas

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I liked that :) 

One point though - it doesnt have to take "3 people working 4 machines" to produce live replays during the game. Im sure if the guys from TonTV want to reach out to anyone on here connected with their clubs TV they'd be happy to give some ideas

Some of us do it on a single machine while operating the camera. But then you risk doing what I did on Saturday😂