Morton vs Raith Rovers

Strolled through the game without looking great. Morton worked really hard, but there is zero quality there at all.
Fair play to the lads. Defended very very well and kept the ball. After going ahead early doors, that's all we had to do really. 
The coverage was fantastic, easily the best in this league. Commentary was partisan without being obnoxious, and balanced without being patronising. Really enjoyed it. 

Ditto the comments regarding the commentary. Really good set up. The only negatives from me were the camera changes when the ball is on the left hand side of the pitch and the Goolan thing [emoji85]

Paying £14 to watch that pish on that pitch is becoming unbearable.

Thought Abraham looked decent when he came on while Sterling looked like he'd never seen a football before when he came on, which is promising for us.

I was really critical during the week of our inability to grind results out. That's exactly what we did today. 

The early goal helped as it put all the onus towards Morton, and meant all we had to do was keep the ball and be sensible in possession. Hendry made a massive difference in the middle, and Ugwu gave us an out ball. 

Fair play to the much maligned defence. Davidson did well for the goal and was solid, and I thought Mendy had a good game. 

Morton worked really hard, and there is an obvious lack of quality there. They were significantly better organised than the previous fixture however, and I imagine they will grind out enough points to be safe. 

Given that we just lost to Arbroath at home by the same scoreline the previous weekend, and also contrived to miss a sitter to scrape a draw at Palmerston the week before that then no, we will not grind out enough points to be fine. The game at Starks' Park was the sole occasion this season when this Morton team was a disorganised mess. In every game either side of that, they have been hard-working, well-organised but zero-quality outfit that turned the game into a scrap and kept it fairly tight either way. 

The 'grinding out points' element of the game plan has collapsed since the opening of the January transfer window, when most of the league have used government's ludicrous grant money to significantly improve their squads, while GMFC's disinterested owners - checking the clock until they finally f**k off in the summer - have chosen to pocket the bulk of the cash instead and signed nobody but a couple of ringers in the last few days of the transfer window. You can't actually grind out results to stay up when you have the worst squad in the division, which is what we've got right now. 

Edited by vikingTON

Once again we deserved nothing from a game. We are in a terrible run of form and if the manager and players weren't looking over their shoulders they should be now. Talk about narrow draws and defeats but it doesn't matter how narrow they are we are dropping points every week. 

Fair play to Raith. They got the goal and did what was needed. Thought they played some decent football too which is something to be said on that pitch of ours. It's actually sad how downhill its went. 

Watching on tv from those camera positions is almost as bad as sitting in that stand. Why couldn't the camera be set up on the opposite side? Surely a wee scaffold platform could be erected that would provide a better view. My only other gripe with the stream was the changing camera's and the colours changing between them.  Thought the commentary team were very good.

Poor conditions and a poor pitch were never going to see a great game but kudos to the Rovers for grinding out a result.

30 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Watching on tv from those camera positions is almost as bad as sitting in that stand. Thought the commentary team were very good.

I was just thinking how well they'd done to authenticate the view for away fans. 

In all seriousness though, the quality of production will vary from club to club, just as the quality of facilities at each ground varies widely. Given the current situation, I'm loathe to criticise any club's streaming service as they're mainly run by volunteers who are doing their best to let us all see our teams play (OK, I'll make an exception for the five card trick who commentated on the Inverness game). 

I agree 100% re the commentary - it was very reasoned, informative and entertaining. 

For any Rovers fans of a younger age, get onto YouTube and watch the summariser from yesterday's game in action. Absolute genius, but one of the many overlooked for international caps due to playing for a provincial club. 

Never going to be smooth, silky football yesterday with the state of the pitch but the team rolled up their collective sleeves and did it ugly😃 who would have thunk halfway through the season and sitting second in the league, well done to John, Smudger and the team.

I was just thinking how well they'd done to authenticate the view for away fans. 
In all seriousness though, the quality of production will vary from club to club, just as the quality of facilities at each ground varies widely. Given the current situation, I'm loathe to criticise any club's streaming service as they're mainly run by volunteers who are doing their best to let us all see our teams play (OK, I'll make an exception for the five card trick who commentated on the Inverness game). 
I agree 100% re the commentary - it was very reasoned, informative and entertaining. 
For any Rovers fans of a younger age, get onto YouTube and watch the summariser from yesterday's game in action. Absolute genius, but one of the many overlooked for international caps due to playing for a provincial club. 

No real complaints about any of the feeds so far from any club (Hearts aside as I refused to pay that much as £18.50 ridiculous for an internet stream). Aye the Inverness guy is a bit cringeworthy and they and Alloa have pixelot cameras but overall I think the teams have done a great job to bring coverage to the fans. I’m actually impressed that teams have given a fairly balanced coverage as they’re mostly just fans doing it as volunteers.

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

If they have a better positioned gantry why not use it though?

2DC3BC97-C048-4C9B-9F5C-C9E0B23DC397.png

55 minutes ago, Bandohope said:

Andy Ritchie was brilliant

Raith guys are good but someone commentating with experience at a higher level makes a big difference

It really does. I think the commentator/ex player works a lot better than what we have. As much as Raith TV coverage overall is hard to fault there have been a couple of commentary teams I’ve enjoyed more than our own.