Morton vs Raith Rovers

No idea what to expect. Morton have went on to do a fair bit better than the performance at Starks would suggest. 

We will certainly concede, will be a question of how well we do going forward. Hopefully we can have Matthews and Benedictus back. 

6 without a win going into a hard set of fixtures.

Raith ran over the top of us last time, I doubt the sending off would have made much difference to the scoreline that day either.

We have improved since then, we are generally hard to beat but have always lacked a goal threat. We need to hope Sterling from Spurs can change that. 

Losing McAllister is a blow, especially with Jacobs out so expecting 37 year old Millar to stay in the team. Thought he did well 1st half last week.

Our wide men have offered very little recently, Nesbitt, Mcguffie and Salkeld need to do more or we will struggle to create chances for Sterling.

Need a win, but not sure we will get it. Hopefully last night's game has an effect on Raith but doubt we will have enough to capitalise.

1-1

6 without a win going into a hard set of fixtures.
Raith ran over the top of us last time, I doubt the sending off would have made much difference to the scoreline that day either.
We have improved since then, we are generally hard to beat but have always lacked a goal threat. We need to hope Sterling from Spurs can change that. 
Losing McAllister is a blow, especially with Jacobs out so expecting 37 year old Millar to stay in the team. Thought he did well 1st half last week.
Our wide men have offered very little recently, Nesbitt, Mcguffie and Salkeld need to do more or we will struggle to create chances for Sterling.
Need a win, but not sure we will get it. Hopefully last night's game has an effect on Raith but doubt we will have enough to capitalise.
1-1

Last nights game will have an effect on us tbh.

Was a similar game to last Tuesday in how awful we were. The effect last Tuesday’s game had on the team inspired us to a 3-1 win against Dundee at the weekend.

Hopefully it’s the same effect.

This seems like exactly the type of game we don’t like. Heavy horrible pitch against a team whose strengths are to shitfest things and turn the game into a battle. I’d imagine last night’s hammering in tough conditions will have taken it out of us too.

On the plus side, we have not lost back to back league games since McGlynn came back so hopefully we can have another positive reaction. The fixture list, whilst not being easy by any stretch, certainly looks a bit kinder the next few weeks so we really need to string results (and performances) together and show some consistency if we want to stay in contention for a play off place.

In an ideal world Bene and Matthews would be fit with Bene replacing Davo and we’d have Matthews, Hendry, Spencer in midfield with Armstrong, Duku and Kennedy as the front 3. However, it seems unlikely either will be fit. Therefore, Hendry comes in for Tait and Gullan will come in Vaughan. I’d also bring Duku back in for Abraham.

Not even going to predict a score because I have no idea what Rovers side will turn up but if the conditions turn this into a battle, I expect a Morton win, they seem far better equipped for that type of match.

Just now, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

It has rained for days in Greenock, and no let up is expected before Saturday. The pitch is going to be a mudbath, provided it's playable at all. 

Let's just move it to next midweek. Raith do better midweek.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

We need to really get the finger out and get a few wins as the teams below are narrowing the gap. Not entirely sure this is the weekend it'll happen though. Hoping Sterling starts and offers something a bit different. 

Yep, this game does not scream 'great chance to win' but given our remaining matches in the second round of games it is the most likely opportunity to undo some of the damage of the past fortnight. 

Raith are undoubtedly favourites here, but we're in must win territory now. Six games without a win, trips to Inverness and Tynecastle in our next two games, teams below us winning games while they have games in hand over us. We could easily find ourselves 9th without a win in 10 by the end of this month and it's hard to see a way out of that kind of mess.

Hopefully Jacobs is fit again so Lyon isn't having to carry Millar or Blues. I'll not even consider the prospect of Omar being stuck there again.

I'd be dropping McGinty after his last two performances - he's been primarily responsible for each of the three goals we conceded. Fjortoft and McLean can get a shot together.

Sterling in up front is obvious. On paper the obvious options for the three behind him are Colville, Oliver and Nesbitt, but Nesbitt has had a couple of shockers two games running and could do with being dropped - my dad commented to me that he was verging on Charlie Telfer levels of incompetence last week which is harsh but sadly accurate. The problem there is that of the alternatives McGuffie and Muirhead were also pish last week, Salkeld has shown little indication of being good enough, then you've got Wallace who allegedly exists and Omar.

4 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Chances of game going ahead ?

Postponement wouldn't be a bad thing. If there's gales and rain we're shite, and if its a heavy pitch we're shite. Cappielow is going to be gales rain and a mudbath so we're likely to be double shite. if it's on put twenty quid on a home win.

40 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Postponement wouldn't be a bad thing. If there's gales and rain we're shite, and if its a heavy pitch we're shite. Cappielow is going to be gales rain and a mudbath so we're likely to be double shite. if it's on put twenty quid on a home win.

I'd double that for a midweek game, whatever happenes Cappelow always seems to be a shitfest, they always drag us down to their pish poor level...........................

...........bait guys, get the thread going ?

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Got the absolute fear about this today. I can just feel a total shitfest coming on. A terrible park in a howling gale and sideways rain; conditions we have struggled with this season.

We did beat Alloa in similar conditions, and it's a Saturday match. 

Got to have something to cling to.... 

Not sure how we’ll get on in this one as we’re so hit and miss this season, it all seems to be on how our midfield play and when they do we’re brilliant to watch but on their off games we seem to struggle to string two passes together and resort to long punts up the park. Our defence is definitely the weak area and while I’m delighted to see Gullan back I think we should have tried to bring in a CB, we’ll definitely concede it’s whether we can score more.

With this being Morton away I’ll be deeply disappointed if everyone’s favourite Viking isn’t doing the commentary. I want every poor shot to be followed by the phrase “Swing and a miss champ”