African Teams in UEFA Competitions

African Teams in UEFA Competitions. 

I think it could be an interesting idea to allow selected African club sides in the Champions League, Europa League, and the new UEFA Europa Conference League.

Africa has a great football history and culture. Africa has produced some great players and international teams. 

In rugby union the South African teams have been playing in the Pro14. with Italian, Welsh, Scottish and Irish sides.

So if South African rugby club teams can play in the European rugby trophies, why not African soccer teams playing in European football trophies?

There are some great African sides in football history in Egypt, Nigeria, Morocco, South Africa and Cameroon, 

We could have Scottish teams playing top African sides, 

It would be cool for Aberdeen Celtic, Rangers, Dundee United, Hibernian and Hearts to play big African sides..

I have previously posted an idea of Scotland holding a trophy with African sides.

But UEFA could probably better afford to have African sides in a European trophy, 

Much of Africa is on the same or similar time zones as Western Europe. So jet lag would not be an issue. 

I accept travel is an issue. But look at the distances clubs travel in India, China, the USA, Australia, Brazil, and Russia, 

So it could be an idea for African club sides to play in European trophies, 

Imagine Celtic travelling to Egypt for a game in Cairo. Or Rangers flying to Morocco. Or Aberdeen having a game in Cape Town. 

What does everyone think of this idea?

Would it be too crazy?

31 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

African Teams in UEFA Competitions. 

I think it could be an interesting idea to allow selected African club sides in the Champions League, Europa League, and the new UEFA Europa Conference League.

Africa has a great football history and culture. Africa has produced some great players and international teams. 

In rugby union the South African teams have been playing in the Pro14. with Italian, Welsh, Scottish and Irish sides.

So if South African rugby club teams can play in the European rugby trophies, why not African soccer teams playing in European football trophies?

There are some great African sides in football history in Egypt, Nigeria, Morocco, South Africa and Cameroon, 

We could have Scottish teams playing top African sides, 

It would be cool for Aberdeen Celtic, Rangers, Dundee United, Hibernian and Hearts to play big African sides..

I have previously posted an idea of Scotland holding a trophy with African sides.

But UEFA could probably better afford to have African sides in a European trophy, 

Much of Africa is on the same or similar time zones as Western Europe. So jet lag would not be an issue. 

I accept travel is an issue. But look at the distances clubs travel in India, China, the USA, Australia, Brazil, and Russia, 

So it could be an idea for African club sides to play in European trophies, 

Imagine Celtic travelling to Egypt for a game in Cairo. Or Rangers flying to Morocco. Or Aberdeen having a game in Cape Town. 

What does everyone think of this idea?

Would it be too crazy?

Why not, we let Israel and Australia in the Eurovision Song Contest.

43 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Absolute scenes as Rangers fans confront the Zimbabwean Security Forces following a disappointing early exit.

Chelsea fans from Joburg started it.

Is that Hamilton Accies, can I have your bank details to allow me to pay for your accomodation.d80212a94f4b6cb56816e0f69754374a.jpg

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is that Hamilton Accies, can I have your bank details to allow me to pay for your accomodation.d80212a94f4b6cb56816e0f69754374a.jpg

Aye, see what's funny about that is the idea that Accies would qualify for the tournament.

Says me, not remotely upset about our  current situation. Sob, sniff etc.

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
17 hours ago, football maniac said:
Na but the Challenge Cup on the other hand...

Peterhead v Mamelodi Sundowns would be some trek.

I reckon Peterhead would win that one. The Sundowns wouldn't fancy a cold, wet Tuesday night at Balmoor.

• 2 months later...