Jump to content
D'Jaffo

Ayr vs Hearts - Friday Night Football

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

 


Basically we need to send Boyce and Nganduillet on a summer camping holiday cycling in the Dordogne till Boyce Speaks French with an Ivorian lilt and Armand speaks English with a Derry accent and they finish each other’s sentences in either

They played like strangers

 

Early days, I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Not seen it back yet but I was adamant along with the whole Ayr team and bench there was a handball in the Hearts box right at the end, anyone clear that one up while I'm on the train up the road? 

Didnt hit his hand, squarely in the chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a great spectacle but keenly contested given the conditions, shame it was decided on an absolute joke of a decision to award the penalty. The modern ruling is a nonsense, completely unintentional and no advantage gained by Baird whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayr went back to the same dire, sterile stuff from a few weeks ago. Ok, they defended well enough but the gap between Wright and the 3 support players was too great and any time he did manage to get the ball under control he was swamped by 2 or 3 Hearts players. By the time help arrived they had to start tracking back toward their own goal as they had lost possession. This 4-2-3-1 shape just isn't working and Wright needs some support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

Hearts aren't a good team. They're scraping by in games, if I supported them I'd be worried. 

Nothing to worry about in the Championship.  It's already won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

Ayr went back to the same dire, sterile stuff from a few weeks ago. Ok, they defended well enough but the gap between Wright and the 3 support players was too great and any time he did manage to get the ball under control he was swamped by 2 or 3 Hearts players. By the time help arrived they had to start tracking back toward their own goal as they had lost possession. This 4-2-3-1 shape just isn't working and Wright needs some support.

Think that is a very harsh view of the game. Wind played a big part and it’s no surprise we were the better team/chances in the first half and Hearts in the second. The Smith chance that went just wide, the corner that’s bounced in the six yard box and Wright at the front post that’s been deflected out for said corner were all decent chances. This first half McCowan and Smith were linking up really well and because of the wind most of the first half was spent in the Hearts half. 

I thought it was very encouraging and we won’t come up against teams like Hearts every week. The Alloa game would be a better gauge of where the team are for me. This team just need a consistent run of matches now, not this stop start with postponements as that’s only our 3rd match in 36 days, no chance to try build momentum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think that is a very harsh view of the game. Wind played a big part and it’s no surprise we were the better team/chances in the first half and Hearts in the second. The Smith chance that went just wide, the corner that’s bounced in the six yard box and Wright at the front post that’s been deflected out for said corner were all decent chances. This first half McCowan and Smith were linking up really well and because of the wind most of the first half was spent in the Hearts half. 

I thought it was very encouraging and we won’t come up against teams like Hearts every week. The Alloa game would be a better gauge of where the team are for me. This team just need a consistent run of matches now, not this stop start with postponements as that’s only our 3rd match in 36 days, no chance to try build momentum. 

I enjoyed it, more so the first half. Maybe I'm easy pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that the camera work was as poor as the ref. Surely the BBC can afford a couple of remote goal mouth cameras. Generally, no close ups of play on the far side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’ve watched the last 3 or 4 Friday night games on bbc Scotland and I’m afraid to say I have come to the conclusion that our domestic football is absolutely awful. Maybe we have been spoilt by watching Barcelona and the likes. Maybe there is just too much football on TV but all I see on Friday nights is route one bore-fests. If you take away the banter and couthiness of supporting your own team what is left is very sad 
I’m not having a go at any one team here, it’s the whole set up I’m talking about


I said the same in an earlier post - the only thing that makes the whole thing remotely interesting is that viewers have a passion for their own team. The actual spectacle is awful. What makes it worse in modern football is that the players tend to be very fit and athletic and in this league it is all about physicality, team shape, organisation and giving the ball a battering for 90 minutes.Any skill and constructive ball retention is practically non existent - the teams all play the same way and ability levels are indistinguishable hence the reason anybody can beat anybody. Can’t deny its competitive but even in a lockdown it is hard to sit through these games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Axle Grease said:

Hearts aren't a good team. They're scraping by in games, if I supported them I'd be worried. 

 

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

Nothing to worry about in the Championship.  It's already won.

True. But there are a lot of echoes of Neilson's Dundee United side, except without the exceptional goalscorer that Shankland was in their promotion season. 

Hearts are functional, stronger than everyone else and will win the league by a mile. They arent a great side though and would need wholesale surgery to avoid being bottom half strugglers again next season. You would think Hearts probably have loftier ambitions than that.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

 

True. But there are a lot of echoes of Neilson's Dundee United side, except without the exceptional goalscorer that Shankland was in their promotion season. 

Hearts are functional, stronger than everyone else and will win the league by a mile. They arent a great side though and would need wholesale surgery to avoid being bottom half strugglers again next season. You would think Hearts probably have loftier ambitions than that.

We were absolutely rotten last season and we were never going to resolve all of those problems on a Championship budget, so I'm quite happy to be winning the league easily. If we continue our current points per game until the end of the season then it'll only be bettered by our previous Championship team in 14/15.

Having said that, I think if you asked Hearts fans where this current side would place in the Premiership then most would say we'd be bottom six. Nobody is under any illusions that we don't need half a dozen new players in the summer to get back to where we should be but, perhaps unlike Dundee United, we have the resources to make that happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Not a great game, but I thought we edged it.

Think we'll see Berra come back in for Popescu due to the latter's mistakes.

The big lad up front was ineffective - Boyce was our best player tonight, but very little came off for him - liked the look of McEneff. 

Three points and a clean sheet, but we need to play a lot better. 

 

Not sure what RN was thinking of, playing a big lad like that up front in that wind.

But I hope we never see Berra in a Hearts' top again - Popescu's got a f**k up in him, no doubt, but Berra gives me the fear literally every time he touches the ball nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a common theme runs through the threads v hearts usually starts with opposition teams saying they wont get anything from the game / might scrap a draw / they are too strong pre game.
After the game it’s usually performed better / were unlucky / won. 

Before the Dunfermline game it showed highlights of Ayr at home (I think) barely looked like the home team had a shot on target. Then Dunfermline come over to Tynecastle & are on the front foot & slightly unlucky to get a point / 3.

it appears the game gets up’d when it’s us & less so against other opposition. 

Hearts could likely loose more games & still get crowned champions as the least  inconsistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

There’s a common theme runs through the threads v hearts usually starts with opposition teams saying they wont get anything from the game / might scrap a draw / they are too strong pre game.
After the game it’s usually performed better / were unlucky / won. 

Before the Dunfermline game it showed highlights of Ayr at home (I think) barely looked like the home team had a shot on target. Then Dunfermline come over to Tynecastle & are on the front foot & slightly unlucky to get a point / 3.

it appears the game gets up’d when it’s us & less so against other opposition. 

Hearts could likely loose more games & still get crowned champions as the least  inconsistent.

Quite the take that we raised our game after a 4-1 win and lost 1-0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Quite the take that we raised our game after a 4-1 win and lost 1-0. 

I've noticed this about some of the comments, it appears to be the same sort of old firm arrogance and ignorance where some of them know absolutely nothing about the opposition nor do they care.

I even read a comment yesterday pre match that thought a wet heavy pitch would suit us better with the long ball game.  Seriously ?????

That's one thing about most Championship and lower league teams supporters, they tend to know quite a bit about the opposition players and teams playing style and generally just seem more intelligent and missing this bizarre superiority complex.

As for Robbie Neilson, the guy quite obviously needs sectioned as he clearly has some serious mental health issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I've noticed this about some of the comments, it appears to be the same sort of old firm arrogance and ignorance where some of them know absolutely nothing about the opposition nor do they care.

I even read a comment yesterday pre match that thought a wet heavy pitch would suit us better with the long ball game.  Seriously ?????

That's one thing about most Championship and lower league teams supporters, they tend to know quite a bit about the opposition players and teams playing style and generally just seem more intelligent and missing this bizarre superiority complex.

As for Robbie Neilson, the guy quite obviously needs sectioned as he clearly has some serious mental health issues.

Calling folk ignorant then suggesting someone gets sectioned because they argued a couple of refereeing decisions is nice work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...