Ayr vs Hearts - Friday Night Football

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Christ you really don’t like the guy do you. Any chance to jump in and have a go at Kerr.

I actually really want the guy to do well and he comes across as quite likeable but I just can't see us progressing with him. However, I honestly wish that he proves me wrong. And to be honest with you, I think having a dig with Neilson wasn't needed. 

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Think he is the guy on the SRE calling for him to be sacked 

I don't comment on the SRE. 

Edited by THEHonestman1910

I’ve watched the last 3 or 4 Friday night games on bbc Scotland and I’m afraid to say I have come to the conclusion that our domestic football is absolutely awful. Maybe we have been spoilt by watching Barcelona and the likes. Maybe there is just too much football on TV but all I see on Friday nights is route one bore-fests. If you take away the banter and couthiness of supporting your own team what is left is very sad 

I’m not having a go at any one team here, it’s the whole set up I’m talking about

7 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I thought Hearts were alright tbh, given it was a brutal night to play football.  Final ball a bit off but worth the 3 points in the second half

I agree with that. We weren't great and made quite a few poor decisions in the final third, but we were comfortable once we got ahead and controlled the second half. The only way we were conceding an equaliser was from Popescu playing the ball out from the back or Gordon's kicking.

McEneff's display off the bench was encouraging - he looked really positive on the ball and got back and defended at times as well. Kastaneer looks to have something about him too.

McLean was terrible all night but his decision not to even give a foul against Muirhead when he went through Boyce was the most astonishing.

While McLean has, as usual, absolutely fucked us here.  That's still poor from Baird, McKenna-esque.  

That goal took the wind right out of us, along with Walsh being handled in the second half.  Hearts put the press on and that was basically it.  

Highlight was Naismith being the overbearing dickhead he always is down pushing his own teammates over in his own box.  

Not seen it back yet but I was adamant along with the whole Ayr team and bench there was a handball in the Hearts box right at the end, anyone clear that one up while I'm on the train up the road? 

3 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I agree with that. We weren't great and made quite a few poor decisions in the final third, but we were comfortable once we got ahead and controlled the second half. The only way we were conceding an equaliser was from Popescu playing the ball out from the back or Gordon's kicking.

McEneff's display off the bench was encouraging - he looked really positive on the ball and got back and defended at times as well. Kastaneer looks to have something about him too.

McLean was terrible all night but his decision not to even give a foul against Muirhead when he went through Boyce was the most astonishing.

What did the replays show, looked like it was 80% ball 20% Boyce from where I was. 

While McLean has, as usual, absolutely fucked us here.  That's still poor from Baird, McKenna-esque.  
That goal took the wind right out of us, along with Walsh being handled in the second half.  Hearts put the press on and that was basically it.  
Highlight was Naismith being the overbearing dickhead he always is down pushing his own teammates over in his own box.  
Not seen it back yet but I was adamant along with the whole Ayr team and bench there was a handball in the Hearts box right at the end, anyone clear that one up while I'm on the train up the road? 
Looked like it hit the Hearts player on the chest on the replay

Good win in poor conditions. Penalty we got wasn't one and the one we were denied was. McLean was dreadful, not even a free kick for the one on Boyce summed him up. 

Once we were ahead we were never in doubt. Could've been better in the final third, but I don't think Ayr had a shot. 

Not sure what some people watch, comments saying Boyce was awful. He is a very intelligent footballer, sometimes his touch is off but he gets in great areas, links play and is a threat when he gets a chance.

Similarly, folk slaughtering Halliday, he was very good when Hearts were ahead, does exactly what's needed of him. 

Considering McEneff hasn't played for months I think he looks very encouraging.  Walker was the best player on the park for me, one wild effort aside. 

I'm really not sure how you can blame Baird for that handball, it was bad luck for it to hit his hand and he couldn't have done anything about it

4 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:
18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'm really not sure how you can blame Baird for that handball, it was bad luck for it to hit his hand and he couldn't have done anything about it

I don’t think he rates Baird....

A ball deflecting off someone at pace and striking their arm isn’t remotely poor tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not sure what some people watch, comments saying Boyce was awful. He is a very intelligent footballer, sometimes his touch is off but he gets in great areas, links play and is a threat when he gets a chance.

The comments on here during a match are usually about as intelligent as the dreadful shouts you (used to) hear at games. Best just to skip to the first page after the final whistle I find.

I’ve watched the last 3 or 4 Friday night games on bbc Scotland and I’m afraid to say I have come to the conclusion that our domestic football is absolutely awful. Maybe we have been spoilt by watching Barcelona and the likes. Maybe there is just too much football on TV but all I see on Friday nights is route one bore-fests. If you take away the banter and couthiness of supporting your own team what is left is very sad 
I’m not having a go at any one team here, it’s the whole set up I’m talking about
Its pish but its our pish!

Its got a rustic charm the other richer leagues don't have.

1 minute ago, ftk said:

Its pish but its our pish!

Its got a rustic charm the other richer leagues don't have.

I enjoyed it. Not great quality, lacked chances, but two teams trying to win in shite conditions with no quarter given. Seen much worse games.