Ayr vs Hearts - Friday Night Football

14 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Nobody asked you mate. 

14 hours ago, itzdrk said:

This is not the Dundee v Inverness thread. 

14 hours ago, Shug1910 said:

Will it be as comfortable an away win as our home win was against your lot? I really hope not 

Green Arrow Laughing GIF

Hard game however last weeks win will have given us confidence.  We have the ability to compete with anyone in this league, however Hearts are top for a reason...a few slip ups but on the whole seem to be breezing it a bit.  Be interesting to see how we line up, we were very attacking against Alloa and tactically we were pretty spot on, totally different opposition this time round though.  Looking forward to it, would take a point.  

2-2, Smith and Wright scoring for us 

24 minutes ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

This is a bang average Hearts team, Ayr should have nothing to fear especially at home. We have really struggled with teams getting right in our faces and if Ayr have been doing their homework, that’s how they should approach it.

Had a quick peek on that Hearts kickback forum and looked at the match thread. Jesus there seems to be a lot of helmets there, have they been watching the same Hearts that the rest of Scottish football has seen the last 2 years? Thinking they have a right to turn up and stick 5/6/7 past us :lol:. Yes Hearts got 5 at Tynecastle, but we were in the middle of our very bad patch (still managed to score 3 as well), but I reckon this will be a much different game. Here Hearts may well turn up and stick another 5 by us, that’s football, but the billy big baws attitude when they’ve already lost at Dundee and Dunfermline, struggled at Arbroath by all accounts makes me chuckle when they think they’ll rock up at another ground and it’ll just be a walk in the park.

For us I’ve said earlier, I think McGavin will get a start in place of one of the 3 that play behind Dre. Also see in the match preview Craig Moore is back training which is great news, could be like a new signing going into the last round of matches. 

48 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Had a quick peek on that Hearts kickback forum and looked at the match thread. Jesus there seems to be a lot of helmets there, have they been watching the same Hearts that the rest of Scottish football has seen the last 2 years? Thinking they have a right to turn up and stick 5/6/7 past us :lol:. Yes Hearts got 5 at Tynecastle, but we were in the middle of our very bad patch (still managed to score 3 as well), but I reckon this will be a much different game. Here Hearts may well turn up and stick another 5 by us, that’s football, but the billy big baws attitude when they’ve already lost at Dundee and Dunfermline, struggled at Arbroath by all accounts makes me chuckle when they think they’ll rock up at another ground and it’ll just be a walk in the park.

For us I’ve said earlier, I think McGavin will get a start in place of one of the 3 that play behind Dre. Also see in the match preview Craig Moore is back training which is great news, could be like a new signing going into the last round of matches. 

No denying that's true baout Kickback, but truth is it wouldn't be too unexpected if we did put five past you - when the team are on the attack in fullflow,they're clearly a cut above the rest fo the Championship.

But it would be equally unsurpsiing if you put five past us, so shite has our defending (and lacklustre our general effort) been at times this year. Thankfully Berra is on his arse on the bench, where he should have been all season, but I'm not convinced the addition of a headband and the after effects of a mild concussion have turned Popescu into a trustyworthy centre half.

Whatever else happens, only a waterlogged pitch resembling foot deep brown porridge can stop there being a goal or three in this...

In the here and now, this Hearts team isn’t good enough to be scoring 4/5 every week and running over teams. We have loads of experience, probably a couple of hundred international caps throughout the squad and players that more than enough ability to be winning this league comfortably. However, it’s not ability or reputation that wins you games, its work ethic, hunger, desire and application more than anything else. That’s the main reason we are where we are.

Kickback is full of helmets as you say, but Hearts fans deserve far, far better than the dross that’s we’ve been served over the last few years. We’ve continually backed the club, ploughed in millions of our own money and when you see what’s it’s been wasted on in terms of player recruitment, it’s been an absolute shambles. I’m not sure we have any sellable asset on our books that could raise much cash if needed.

I doubt with the conditions tonight we’ll see much silk on show, that’s why I think it will be a long night for us again. Hope to be proved wrong however.

5 minutes ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

In the here and now, this Hearts team isn’t good enough to be scoring 4/5 every week and running over teams. We have loads of experience, probably a couple of hundred international caps throughout the squad and players that more than enough ability to be winning this league comfortably. However, it’s not ability or reputation that wins you games, its work ethic, hunger, desire and application more than anything else. That’s the main reason we are where we are.

Kickback is full of helmets as you say, but Hearts fans deserve far, far better than the dross that’s we’ve been served over the last few years. We’ve continually backed the club, ploughed in millions of our own money and when you see what’s it’s been wasted on in terms of player recruitment, it’s been an absolute shambles. I’m not sure we have any sellable asset on our books that could raise much cash if needed.

I doubt with the conditions tonight we’ll see much silk on show, that’s why I think it will be a long night for us again. Hope to be proved wrong however.

Ironically I'd expect that to suit you better, we play football on the deck and are a team packed full of "fair weather " footballers and frankly this time of year when the pitches are slow and soft does absolutely nothing for us at all.

I wonder if the pitch being soft under foot will in some strange way make it better to play the ball on the ground on. Looking at it on the stream it always looks to be a bit dry and hard. This could have been a big cause for the horrendous bobbles you'd get making a 5 yard pass along the ground.

Looking forward to this one though, as has been said before it's a free hit for us really. The rest of the league will think the same, they can play without the fear and try and get on the front foot and build momentum, that they cant get playing at Tynecastle.

Was looking at Bet365's prices on tonight's game and they have some guy called Craig Moore as our 2nd favourite to score at anytime. Andre Wright is a bigger price to score at anytime than Chalmers, Moffat and McKenzie........

Walsh to score anytime at 6/1 wouldn't be the worst price either.

Edited by BukyOHare

image.png.7c8ad9a3fbf3611f63f3badbb96e6c42.png

Anybody else seeing Marshall clawing at thin air as he falls to the ground to his right, ball just dropping under the crossbar from 12 yards, before the silence is broken by unadulterated and shameless bedlam. 

Until I take my last breath. 

Edited by BukyOHare