Hibs vs Aberdeen

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Visions of @HibsFanfighting with his emotions here.

I don't really mind Aberdeen but can't stand McInnes for being a horrible Levein-but-make-him-a-proper-h*n prototype. I would love Hibs to beat the Dons tomorrow, and if it helps to release the club from his weird vulcan death grip? All the better. 

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Rumours abound that McInnes is a goner if Hibs win tomorrow

Will be an interesting weekend 

Unfortunately though, absolutely none of this will happen barring about a 6-0 Hibs win, and even then Teflon McInnes would worm his way out.

He's now got a Ryan Hedges-sized gap in his squad ready as a convenient excuse for if he doesn't finish higher than 4th.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

I don't really mind Aberdeen but can't stand McInnes for being a horrible Levein-but-make-him-a-proper-h*n prototype. I would love Hibs to beat the Dons tomorrow, and if it helps to release the club from his weird vulcan death grip? All the better. 

McInnes is nothing like Levein, and his Aberdeen teams are nothing like Levein's Hearts. 

I realise that Aberdeen have been living rent free in Hibs fans' minds for years now because in general we've always got the best of Hibs under McInnes, but you guys have got to get rid of the perception that you were cheated/kicked off the park/bullied/unlucky/or whatever excuse you come up with, when in actual fact almost every single Dons victory was pretty much due to us simply being better at football than a Hibs team that was pretty pish. *

*Disclaimer : This has got no relation to the undoubted shambles that we'll be tomorrow, and I would like to state here and now that we were unlucky, cheated, and kicked off the park. 

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

McInnes is nothing like Levein, and his Aberdeen teams are nothing like Levein's Hearts. 

I realise that Aberdeen have been living rent free in Hibs fans' minds for years now because in general we've always got the best of Hibs under McInnes, but you guys have got to get rid of the perception that you were cheated/kicked off the park/bullied/unlucky/or whatever excuse you come up with, when in actual fact almost every single Dons victory was pretty much due to us simply being better at football than a Hibs team that was pretty pish. *

It's nothing to do with style of football and everything to do with how they both comes across in interviews, their inflated egos and even the similar fashion sense.

The pathetic injury mind games he tried and failed to play with Rijeka (before they went and pumped you 4-0 on aggregate) was a particular highlight. Straight out of the Levein playbook that one was.

I don't think Aberdeen cheat or kick us off the park. The falling down thing is extremely annoying but outside of that can't have any complaints.

I find the build up a bit slow and boring to watch, but the same can be levelled of many Hibs sides down the years.

FWIW I see another 0-1/1-2 Aberdeen tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I realise that Aberdeen have been living rent free in Hibs fans' minds for years now

Pish, imo.

We know that Aberdeen have had our number in the league for ages, but we dont really give a shiny one about Aberdeen (the place, the team, or the fans).

But for some...............very, very odd...........reason, any Hibs loss seems to bring out the very worst in some Aberdeen fans like blockheid (and if I am honest, sometimes you) crawling all over Hibs threads to a level you just dont get from us warrior poets.

How's the new signings been doing for Hibs? 

It looks on paper like you've strengthened more than us. 

I'd have thought Invine would be a good solid addition to a shaky midfield. Cadden looked good for a season once a few years ago, so less worried about him (cue assist + goal). 

Have lost faith in our manager and tired of his constant tinkering with formations etc.

We are powder puff, if Hibs deny us space and time we have no answer.

Hoping for an unlikely Dons win minus Hedges but Hibs should stroll this.

13/8 for a Hibs win great odds.

2 minutes ago, ken es said:

Have lost faith in our manager and tired of his constant tinkering with formations etc.

We are powder puff, if Hibs deny us space and time we have no answer.

Hoping for an unlikely Dons win minus Hedges but Hibs should stroll this.

13/8 for a Hibs win great odds.

Sorry but I am sure this exact post has been written before? Like actually word for word? :lol:

32 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Pish, imo.

We know that Aberdeen have had our number in the league for ages, but we dont really give a shiny one about Aberdeen (the place, the team, or the fans).

But for some...............very, very odd...........reason, any Hibs loss seems to bring out the very worst in some Aberdeen fans like blockheid (and if I am honest, sometimes you) crawling all over Hibs threads to a level you just dont get from us warrior poets.

Like Jambos.  At least tomorrow they'll have a valid reason to be on a Hibs match thread, but hopefully they'll have pegged it by full time. 

So 0-2 then.

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

It's nothing to do with style of football and everything to do with how they both comes across in interviews, their inflated egos and even the similar fashion sense.

The pathetic injury mind games he tried and failed to play with Rijeka (before they went and pumped you 4-0 on aggregate) was a particular highlight. Straight out of the Levein playbook that one was.

I don't think Aberdeen cheat or kick us off the park. The falling down thing is extremely annoying but outside of that can't have any complaints.

I find the build up a bit slow and boring to watch, but the same can be levelled of many Hibs sides down the years.

FWIW I see another 0-1/1-2 Aberdeen tomorrow.

TBF he's used the injury mind games plenty times and had pretty much always worked before the Rijeka game.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Pish, imo.

That's not true, is it ?  The wee man complex that Hibs have comes out a lot when discussing Aberdeen.   And on Tuesday, the first poster in the Dons v Livi thread after the final whistle was a Hibs fan. 

I'm sure you're all wound up for tomorrow. One of the big games of your season.  The odds are well in your favour, so I can't imagine you'll blow it tomorrow. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

8 hours ago, Baldie1980 said:

hibs 3-0
stick a tenner on it

Not entirely sure why Aberdeen fans are so down on this - a couple of recent results aside.

These games often seem to be won in the midfield.

Ours has been a bit pick n mix all season, and Aberdeen have a couple of excellent players there - Ferguson and Mcrorie - add in someone like McGeough and thats a tidy midfield out of which a goal or chances could easily come.

And if Aberdeen score first, they are very good at shutting up shop.

Despite your recent results, I dont expect this to be a foregone conclusion tbh.

p.s. shame kamberi is out, was looking forward to booing him from my living room.

35 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Not entirely sure why Aberdeen fans are so down on this - a couple of recent results aside.

These games often seem to be won in the midfield.

Ours has been a bit pick n mix all season, and Aberdeen have a couple of excellent players there - Ferguson and Mcrorie - add in someone like McGeough and thats a tidy midfield out of which a goal or chances could easily come.

And if Aberdeen score first, they are very good at shutting up shop.

Despite your recent results, I dont expect this to be a foregone conclusion tbh.

p.s. shame kamberi is out, was looking forward to booing him from my living room.

I’m kind of with you. Not that I think we’re sure fire favourites but both teams are relatively evenly matched with hibs the team on better form just now. 

Both are decent sides on their day and both are absolute diddies on their off days so doesn’t take much to swing it. 

First goal usually crucial as you say so let’s wait and see.