Kilmarnock v 10IAR Heroes

Does he usually drag his foot along the ground like this when he runs? Must trip himself up quite a lot when he does it with no one around.
Kilmarnock_0-4_Celtic__Brown_Edouard_and_Ajeti_on_Target_as_Celts_Score_4___S.gif.6beb60769c54bb4da6e98c814df94b54.gif

Not sure there could be any clearer evidence than this clip. The player goes down with absolute minimal contact, there’s no way the keeper forces that reaction. We either properly use retrospective judgement to punish ‘simulation’ in the box or coach goalkeepers into becoming shot stoppers only. All challenges on the deck are out, if forwards are able to ‘win’ such an easy advantage.
Watching the Brighton Vs Fulham game the other week and listened to the pundits almost criticise the young Fulham forward Lookman for still trying to get his shot off on goal, falling away from a routine challenge in the box, not necessarily a foul btw. The view being that he should simply have gone down to try and ‘win’ the penalty. He was placed at fault (for doing the right thing in my book) in putting his team at a disadvantage, trying to score, unbelievable!! The next time, you can be sure he will drop like a stone.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Both feet are still on the ground and he is standing up straight when the contact is made, I can only assume you are it now given what you were trying to claim earlier.

Can see you're just completely ignoring my post to you explaining how he's already on his way down then :lol:

32 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Both feet are still on the ground and he is standing up straight when the contact is made, I can only assume you are it now given what you were trying to claim earlier.

As many people have pointed out, contact does not constitute a foul. There is absolutely no way the touch from the keeper impeded the player in any way.

He has already started to drag his right leg behind him and then throws it out to the side to go down rather than, you know, plant his foot and keep on running which would've been natural.

You are clinging on to the fact that there was contact. That doesn't mean it wasn't a dive.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

As many people have pointed out, contact does not constitute a foul. There is absolutely no way the touch from the keeper impeded the player in any way.

He has already started to drag his right leg behind him and then throws it out to the side to go down rather than, you know, plant his foot and keep on running which would've been natural.

You are clinging on to the fact that there was contact. That doesn't mean it wasn't a dive.

I am saying there is enough contact to constitute a foul. Not the ‘brush’ that somebody was wrongly claiming earlier. I don't think he was going down before this is made for me he isn't dragging his foot, he is trying to turn as he is getting the ball to face the goal. Like I said I wouldn’t have been greeting if we didn’t get the penalty but I certainly don't think it’s a dive. And i think/hope it will be rescinded.

Edited by gannonball

Just now, gannonball said:

I am saying there is enough contact to constitute a foul. Not the ‘brush’ that somebody was constituting earlier. I don't think he was going down before this is made for me he isn't dragging his foot, he is trying to turn as he is getting the ball to face the goal. Like I said I wouldn’t have been greeting if we didn’t get the penalty but I certainly don't think it’s a dive. And i think/hope it will be rescinded.

The contact from the keeper is on Ajeti's left foot, agreed? Carefully watch the clip above and focus on Ajeti's right leg. Rather than step forward and plant his foot like any normal human would, he drags the leg behind him and moves it towards the keeper. After the contact (on his left foot) for some reason, he then flings his right leg out to the side and collapses.

No contact on Ajeti's left foot would cause his right leg to do that. If you can't see that from the clip provided above by @LiviLion then we will just need to agree to disagree.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

The contact from the keeper is on Ajeti's left foot, agreed? Carefully watch the clip above and focus on Ajeti's right leg. Rather than step forward and plant his foot like any normal human would, he drags the leg behind him and moves it towards the keeper. After the contact (on his left foot) for some reason, he then flings his right leg out to the side and collapses.

No contact on Ajeti's left foot would cause his right leg to do that. If you can't see that from the clip provided above by @LiviLion then we will just need to agree to disagree.

Sorry there could plenty of reasons as to why his right foot is there as part of his turn/trick or even just make sure his leg isn’t totally planted if he expecting to be clattered and risk injury. I accept it could also be seen as ‘leaving a leg out’ but there isn’t really any way of knowing this. Rather than just go round though in circles I think I will follow the last line of your post.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

DCC93DA4-A433-4C38-9A68-4C9DC36CB336.jpeg

Tbf to Neic, it's basically a look we don't just target Sevco move. You guys should win an appeal. 

Players dive in every game, if the ref catches them then they get booked and if they get away with it then the refs remember the next time theres a 50/50.

This is not an appeal - he hasn't been punished yet so there is nothing to appeal against. He has been charged with diving, and will now be subject to a hearing about that. The club have the option to simply accept the punishment without a hearing, which Celtic have not taken up.

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is not an appeal - he hasn't been punished yet so there is nothing to appeal against. He has been charged with diving, and will now be subject to a hearing about that. The club have the option to simply accept the punishment without a hearing, which Celtic have not taken up.

You aren’t on Handforth Parish Council by any chance?