Motherwell v Dundee United Nil

Big game tonight. A win and we're somehow back in the pack despite not winning for about 3 months, with a couple of games in hand over some others.

We need to try and put a string of results together for the first time this season but a win and two draws from Alexander's first 4 games isn't a bad return given the fixtures.

We've plenty of options in terms of line-up given our cast of thousands but I wouldn't be surprised to see the same team that won at County. The main difference for us should be that we now have options on the bench that won't massively weaken the team when they come on.  

I saw Mellon was saying that Utd will look to go back to basics and look for clean sheets after being regularly pumped recently so the impetus might be on us to try and break them down which we've been fairly useless at so far this season.

Quietly confident we'll get a result here - Motherwell 2-1 Utd. 

Can't stand Dundee United. They are the football club equivalent of what an Independent, SNP led Scotland would look like. 

Would love a win here but I think it'll be a frustrating 1-1 draw. 

25 minutes ago, MJC said:

Can't stand Dundee United. They are the football club equivalent of what an Independent, SNP led Scotland would look like. 

A change of philosophy from the big man, you love to see it. Love it. 

Just now, ArabFC said:

Do yersels a favour - instead of paying to watch this dross, just play the below on repeat for 90 mins...

Remember that game well - it's probably the closest I've ever come to applauding another team at Fir Park. We got absolutely roasted that day by all the young Scottish lads and the Turkish Prince. 

1 minute ago, dezz said:

Remember that game well - it's probably the closest I've ever come to applauding another team at Fir Park. We got absolutely roasted that day by all the young Scottish lads and the Turkish Prince. 

That was, as my old Granny would have said - an absolute fucking tonking.

It was 4-0 going on 7 that day. Our worst defensive display against Utd though was the 4-5 loss against them at Fir Park in 2005. We somehow contrived to lose despite being 2-0, 3-1 and then 4-2 up.

15 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Do yersels a favour - instead of paying to watch this dross, just play the below on repeat for 90 mins...

My favourite away game of all time. What a performance.

We dismantled Motherwell that day.

Andy. Fucking. Robertson.

33 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Good, this. A reminder of how abject ZFA, Fraser Kerr and Gunnar fucking Neilsen were in 4 handy packed up minutes.

34 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

The best performance I have seen from a United team since the Jim McLean days.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

I take that as a massive compliment.

United team clear to play only thing that will put paid to this game will be the weather. 

Connolly Edwards Reynolds 

Smith.                                                Sporle 

Butcher

Fuchs.                     Mochrie

Shankland.       McNulty 

We finished 2nd that season with a goal difference of +4. That was largely down to United absolutely pumping us everytime we played them.

10 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

United team clear to play only thing that will put paid to this game will be the weather. 

Connolly Edwards Reynolds 

Smith.                                                Sporle 

Butcher

Fuchs.                     Mochrie

Shankland.       McNulty 

ITK or your hoped for team? I'll reluctantly waste another 15 quid watching United play shite if Messi Jr (Jr) is in from the start*.

* I'll probably watch it either way, tbf.

23 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

We finished 2nd that season with a goal difference of +4. That was largely down to United absolutely pumping us everytime we played them.

And yet finished 12 points clear of them. Surreal.