Super saints v Hibees 02/02/21

After our epic display in the east end of Glasgow we return to the field of dreams. The lads gave everything on Saturday so I expect changes again, keep Jack Ross guessing, I liked the guy but would dearly love to get one over him and band of bigger club dreamers. Wouldn’t change JG for anyone. 

If we want to keep an eye on European qualification, we should be looking to win this. We're due one against Hibs, just like we've been due one against either side of the OF and Aberdeen. This is the season.

What is happening with Stevie Mallan? Completely out the picture?

We have lost 2 central midfielders from the squad, I wonder if Mallan is on our radar?

Not that he'd be guaranteed a start with us but MacPherson and Erhahon are blowing a bit hot and cold, which is understandable given their age and experience.

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

What is happening with Stevie Mallan? Completely out the picture?

We have lost 2 central midfielders from the squad, I wonder if Mallan is on our radar?

Not that he'd be guaranteed a start with us but MacPherson and Erhahon are blowing a bit hot and cold, which is understandable given their age and experience.

Much as I'd love it, Jim mentioned yesterday that he's hoping to tie the left back deal up tomorrow and if he gets another in even better but if not, he's happy. That made me think there's nothing actually active in terms of the forward player he was talking about last week.

So if there is to be any dealing done re: Mallan, it will be at very short notice you'd imagine.

He's always good for a worldie once or twice a season.  Don't know if we're in need of a Mallan-esqe player.

I'd be happy for us to get him but the price/wages would be everything.  

Another 3 points on Tuesday would be wonderful.  I maintain the Jack Ross is a future Scotland manager and not to be underestimated as a tactician.  

But, Goodwin has the team playing for each other and morale must be thru the roof.  

2-1 home win and Ross forever to be Goodwin's shadow.   

MON THE BUDDIES...!

Edited by Doctor Sanchez
Fingers like pigs tits

Normally, after winning 5-1 away and 2-1 away, at venues we normally whiff at, the temptation is to come over all miserable, negative, Paisley torn-faced cunty and say ‘ach, we’ll find a way to fcuk this up and blow the feelgood factor away after a week’. Well, I’m not going to. I’m going to predict that we will put on another decent showing, and will win 2-0. In the ‘love-in’ fixture between clubs with no hard feelings towards each other. 

Edited by pozbaird

Much as I'd love it, Jim mentioned yesterday that he's hoping to tie the left back deal up tomorrow and if he gets another in even better but if not, he's happy. That made me think there's nothing actually active in terms of the forward player he was talking about last week.
So if there is to be any dealing done re: Mallan, it will be at very short notice you'd imagine.
Must admit I've got the fear with only 2 recognised centre backs in the squad, especially with Foley away. I know Fraser can play there and we have Tait, Flynn and Cammy to cover at right back.

Mallan would definitely be a luxury but we'd treat him right [emoji3059].

It will be a much fairer fight this time round in Paisley, barring any Covid disasters.

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Must admit I've got the fear with only 2 recognised centre backs in the squad, especially with Foley away. I know Fraser can play there and we have Tait, Flynn and Cammy to cover at right back.

Mallan would definitely be a luxury but we'd treat him right emoji3059.png.

It will be a much fairer fight this time round in Paisley, barring any Covid disasters.

I know that Finlayson is definitely very well thought of. We must be quite confident in him as I've seen nothing to suggest another centre half is on the agenda presently.

Though in saying that, Sean McLoughlin hasn't been playing for Hull. I'd fecking love to get him back.

Edited by djchapsticks

We’re probably due a defeat against St Mirren and Goodwin. Stretching back to Hecky’s first game they’ve always given us a tough time (Zlamal 3-0 aside) but we’ve managed to scrape out results.

Would like to see McGregor play again but doubt he’s got it in him. Porteous for him and Nisbet back in if he’s not sold I’d guess.