Dundee FC vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle (6/2/21)

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Who knew width on both sides would pay dividends?!?!?

Especially against a team that can't defend crosses into the box. Hopeless defending from us again. Dundee well on top and should arguably be further ahead.

I'm tempted to log off and start crying into my Massey Ferguson tea towel.

4 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Dominated the last 15 of the half. Deserved second and a proper strikers goal with it. Defensively iffy at times but that isnt going to change soon.

Did the ref blow at 44.50?

Clock was well behind all half, was expecting HT to be blown at 42 mins on screen.

I'm always surprised at the hate McDaid gets from Dee fans because anytime I see him he looks a very useful player. Tonight is doing nothing to dispel that feeling.

Edited by RiG

I'm always surprised at the hate McDaid gets from Dee fans because anytime I see him he looks a very useful player. Tonight it doing nothing to dispel that feeling.

We thought the same when he was at Ayr...

He has moments and occasionally whole games where he looks unplayable but you’re lucky if that’s 1 in 5.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm always surprised at the hate McDaid gets from Dee fans because anytime I see him he looks a very useful player. Tonight it doing nothing to dispel that feeling.

One of these players who gives a lot of 5/10 performances then the occasional 10/10 stormer. Very frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

'Very useful' at what precisely?

If your replies include 'heidless chicken impressions', or 'hogging the ball and doing f**k all with it', then I agree.

His crosses have caused us no end of trouble and he played that lovely lofted pass to pick out Mullen. I'm not saying he's a top player in the league but he isn't playing like the shitebag that some fans apparently think he is.

Of course the major caveat to this is that I only see him a couple of time a season.

ETA: Just seen the other responses and yes I would agree that his inconsistency would be infuriating.

Edited by RiG

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm always surprised at the hate McDaid gets from Dee fans because anytime I see him he looks a very useful player. Tonight is doing nothing to dispel that feeling.

I quite like him. Just bewildered as to how he was punted put on loan a month ago and is now back in the team. I’m assuming he’ll be off to Thistle on Monday now that they’re starting back again.