Dundee FC vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle (6/2/21)

15 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Did it rain near Dens today, totally dry for days where I live 

Not rained in Dundee for about a week at this point. Groundsman keeps saying its thatch that has the pitch in that condition.

i thought mcgowan had a good game tonight and had that great block when he threw himself at a goalbound shot....why do dundee fans instead of looking at the positives they always look for the negetives in any performance........probably pissed off we won as that means mcpake keeps his job for another week.

Gowser in his natural position is always a good thing, glad his 200th league appearance for us was a good one. Can see us continuing with this Gowser-Anderson CM partnership, might even see some success with it, but Adam comes back and immediately starts because of course, and McPake will shift Gowser back to left wing regardless of how well McDaid plays.

Frustrating when you know any semblance of team shape will be ruined in the future by the manager's personal preferences, but at least we've shown we can win games without Adam. He'd been at his worst for us since the Hearts game and hopefully the time out (granted hopefully his symptoms aren't too bad, McPake said in the match preview that he wasn't feeling great) allows him to reset and come back at his best.

Potentially.  Gives away so many loose balls. Anderson like I said beside him did very well. Deserves another chance 

I was watching the same game as you. Doesn’t tackle, hardly plays a decent ball forward, slow, slows play down and can’t shoot, offers feck all defensively. Other than that he’s great. His ‘block’ tonight was bang average, a block you’d expect any player to make.

Guest Wieghortsnut
Just now, Fifespud said:

I was watching the same game as you. Doesn’t tackle, hardly plays a decent ball forward, slow, slows play down and can’t shoot, offers feck all defensively. Other than that he’s great. His ‘block’ tonight was bang average, a block you’d expect any player to make.

Agree, I for the life of me still don't see what other people see in him but ill take the 3 points whether he plays or not

15 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

13 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Agree, I for the life of me still don't see what other people see in him but ill take the 3 points whether he plays or not

13 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Not entirely a surprise tbf

Be surprised. 🙂

however we won and that is all that matters 

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

i thought mcgowan had a good game tonight and had that great block when he threw himself at a goalbound shot....why do dundee fans instead of looking at the positives they always look for the negetives in any performance........probably pissed off we won as that means mcpake keeps his job for another week.

I’ve been a big critic of Gowser’s lately but mainly down to him being played out of position and too slow both in possession and speed for the position he’s been asked to play, none of his doing right enough. Centre midfield or nowhere for me. Done well tonight tho 👍the keeper’s absolutely shitey tho. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Where are the defenders? We'll never see a clean sheet again.

Third game on the bounce we have lost a goal to a header in the centre of the goal. No doubt we'll go with Fontaine and Ashcroft again on Saturday. Should have been a comfortable victory but as usual we're backs to the wall for the last 10 minutes. Tonight's Win will continue to keep McPake in a job I suppose 😞

4 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Third game on the bounce we have lost a goal to a header in the centre of the goal. No doubt we'll go with Fontaine and Ashcroft again on Saturday. Should have been a comfortable victory but as usual we're backs to the wall for the last 10 minutes. Tonight's Win will continue to keep McPake in a job I suppose 😞

so f**k if it keeps him in a job your probably ane o the anes who was sitting praying for a ICT leveller just so you could come online and tell mcpake to get to f**k...dearie me some dundee fans are special.

Nah, any prayers I had were for keeping an equaliser out so we could get a much needed 3 points. Never want to see my team lose. Doesn't stop me expressing my opinion that we are going nowhere under McPake. If you're happy with him then fair enough but be prepared for years of mediocrity 

Just now, ScottyDee1893 said:

Nah, any prayers I had were for keeping an equaliser out so we could get a much needed 3 points. Never want to see my team lose. Doesn't stop me expressing my opinion that we are going nowhere under McPake. If you're happy with him then fair enough but be prepared for years of mediocrity 

its irrelevant what i think of him...he got a win tonight with the correct team selection and enforced subs...i dinna see the point of coming on after a win and greeting about the manager.

20 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

its irrelevant what i think of him...he got a win tonight with the correct team selection and enforced subs...i dinna see the point of coming on after a win and greeting about the manager.

He got the win tonight but whether it was the best starting 11 available to him is up for dispute. Great to get a win for a change. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Spot on.

What's this natural position thing all about aswell?

He started his career at Morton as a striker and made one of his first Celtic displays replacing Aiden McGeady.

He also played at St Mirren as a 10.

Since when is his natural position bang in central midfield? Mental.

ETA I didnt watch tonight's game but this is the McGowan I've seen for years.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92