Dundee FC vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle (6/2/21)

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mullen, McGowan & Anderson my 3 candidates for MotM. McDaid not a million miles off contention either.

McMullen for me. Ran his arse off. Mullen was only on for over a half, Gowser had too many loose balls and McDaid did very little considering the amount of possession he had.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

McMullen for me. Ran his arse off. Mullen was only on for over a half, Gowser had too many loose balls and McDaid did very little considering the amount of possession he had.

I think when Mullen went off it swung the game into Caley's favour hence how I deemed him so important. McMullan was a little wasteful for me tonight and thought McDaid was the better outlet.

Just happy with the 3 points!

McMullen is better than we had previously by a long way. Very good player at this level. I’ve been hard on him in recent weeks but I thought Marshall had a decent game. Credit to young Anderson, plays facing the opposition goal and try’s to go forward. McDaid did what he does, looks flashy, delivers the square root of f**k all. Gowser really getting on my tits these days. Hopefully when Charlie gets better it’s a straight swap. I used to think with Dorrans it was 1 too many old and slow midfielders, now it seems Gowser and Adam is one too many. Cum Dog scores goals, better than a non striking striker.
Bought the useless cunto a bit more time.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

McMullen is better than we had previously by a long way. Very good player at this level. I’ve been hard on him in recent weeks but I thought Marshall had a decent game. Credit to young Anderson, plays facing the opposition goal and try’s to go forward. McDaid did what he does, looks flashy, delivers the square root of f**k all. Gowser really getting on my tits these days. Hopefully when Charlie gets better it’s a straight swap. I used to think with Dorrans it was 1 too many old and slow midfielders, now it seems Gowser and Adam is one too many. Cum Dog scores goals, better than a non striking striker.
Bought the useless cunto a bit more time.

You could also add Sow is a shitebag and it's like playing with a man down. Never stays on his feet, never bursts a gut, always trys shitty flicks to nobody, not even a good option from the bench, just needs gone.

Gowser made the difference. He gets the ball forward so much quicker. Two wingers for width. Mashall And McDaid worked well. Elliot didn't do so well on other wing and surely Fagan-Walcott has to get another start. Pitch looking terrible. Did it rain near Dens today, totally dry for days where I live 

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Tad harsh Johnny on this occasion, astonishingly what I saw McDaid was the best of the two whilst both however had a good work rate.

Well done tonight to young Anderson and Gowser plus Jason Cummings clearly better than this pish level.

Merely my opinion and McPake still to go.

Grim, grim, grim.

Dundee well on top at the start and although we pushed them back a bit they quickly re-established their dominance. They knew a high press against our back line would work given McCann's preference to play out from the back and players were often caught in possession.

Meanwhile, our defence looked haphazard any time a cross or long throw came anywhere near it. McDaid turning Duffy inside out for a good chunk of the first half before he eventually realised he could nullify him by sending him towards the bye line was criminal in how long it took to be employed. By that time though the damage was largely done. 

McMullan was ripping Harper apart on the ICT left and he sent in a cross that found Max Anderson as he burst into the penalty area and although Ridgers did well to save his first effort the Dee player made no mistake at the second time of asking and put Dundee 1 - 0 up.

We rallied a little to push the home side back a bit and had some half chances but Dundee took a deserved two goal lead when a high ball into the box was missed and it landed at the feet of Cummings who spun round and whipped the ball into the net. 

Prior to this Dundee had great chances falling the way of Mullen, Cummings and Anderson who all had goal bound efforts blocked by Deas or Ridgers. It was one way traffic in the first half and ICT could count themselves fortunate not to be further behind.

Second half was less eventful overall compared to the first. A suspiciously offside looking Storey broke through the Dundee defence but shot straight at Hamilton as the angle narrowed whilst Sow blazed over after good work by Cummings on a Dundee counter attack. 

We did get one goal back when Harper sent over a delicious cross from the left touchline to find Toddy at the back post and he thumped a header past the flailing Hamilton. A similar move almost lead to an ill deserved equaliser but this time the header went wide.

One win in ten now for ICT. Forget promotion playoffs. I am seriously concerned about the relegation playoffs.

I like to read the thoughts of opposition fans after a game (it's why I love P&B) and went on the Caley forum and the site admin posted this cracker:

'The Scotty Gardiner grudge match. Dundee fans are still seething after some twisted information on Dundee's last visit when their chairman was left hanging by a thread according to some bitter Dee's. Good enough given the way their own club has handled some of the recent votes regarding possible league reconstruction. Short memories. Anyway, they have never really forgiven us for overturning a 15 point deficit to win the Championship by 12 points in 2010. Happy Days! '

Oft.

6 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Gowser made the difference. He gets the ball forward so much quicker. Two wingers for width. Mashall And McDaid worked well. Elliot didn't do so well on other wing and surely Fagan-Walcott has to get another start. Pitch looking terrible. Did it rain near Dens today, totally dry for days where I live 

See I watch a different game. Mcgowan did nothing of the sort. Anderson however had a very good. 

McMullan has been gd since he joined.

Mullen maybe working better with Cummings so we go again.

Adam in for McGowan and we are good to go. I hope 

11 minutes ago, DieDee said:

100% this for me. Gowser was immense tonight. Anderson - Adam has to be the duo in the next game (If Adam is back - I don't think he is) with McGowan the deputy for Adam & Byrne the deputy for Anderson.

Mad how quickly a pecking order changes. Suddenly Robertson is the one on the outskirts looking in. He'll need to take his next chance with both hands. Byrne is one of our most effective players, but if Anderson can produce displays like that every week then suddenly that knock to Byrne looks more costly than just a wee knock! And McGowan doesn't look like he's headed for the scrap heap.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

See I watch a different game. Mcgowan did nothing of the sort. Anderson however had a very good. 

McMullan has been gd since he joined.

Mullen maybe working better with Cummings so we go again.

Adam in for McGowan and we are good to go. I hope 

Are you insane! Defensively Adam is a bombscare and you're asking a lot of Anderson, experience wise, to play that role along side him