Dundee FC vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle (6/2/21)

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I like to read the thoughts of opposition fans after a game (it's why I love P&B) and went on the Caley forum and the site admin posted this cracker:

'The Scotty Gardiner grudge match. Dundee fans are still seething after some twisted information on Dundee's last visit when their chairman was left hanging by a thread according to some bitter Dee's. Good enough given the way their own club has handled some of the recent votes regarding possible league reconstruction. Short memories. Anyway, they have never really forgiven us for overturning a 15 point deficit to win the Championship by 12 points in 2010. Happy Days! '

Oft.

f**k me, just went on to have a look. His entire match preview is an absolute snorefest. Pish like that makes him look like a far more boring and far less concise version of @SEETHING.

Credit where it's due, liked McDaid's cross field over the top ball that opened up space for McMullan in the build up to Anderson's goal. There hasn't been too many instances of that (Adam aside) this season. 

Still think the keeper should have dealt with that better so, thanks Ridgers. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Credit where it's due, liked McDaid's cross field over the top ball that opened up space for McMullan in the build up to Anderson's goal. There hasn't been too many instances of that (Adam aside) this season. 

Still think the keeper should have dealt with that better so, thanks Ridgers. 

This is, in part, what happens when you play two wingers in the same side I guess. 
Delighted to see them both pick up assists. Also look forward to McPake never picking that team again. 

To be fair, I think that team would be ripped apart and overrun in midfield by a team like Hearts.

I'm back on the 'Mullen isn't shite' bus btw. He adds so much up top for us. He won a lot of balls in the air and combined well with Cummings. He'll miss countless sitters, no doubt, but he looked good foil for Cummings.

Cummings was raving about how he enjoyed playing with him in his post-match interview. Sow's time is up IMO.

Jakubiak and Cummings could be a cracking pairing and Mullen switching between.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, I think that team would be ripped apart and overrun in midfield by a team like Hearts.

Yeah, we probably need to bring Byrne back in to try and do what he did against them at Dens, to dictate the tone of the game from midfield.  Who do we remove for him though? He's not taking out Gowser no matter what and Anderson deserves his place.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yeah, we probably need to bring Byrne back in to try and do what he did against them at Dens, to dictate the tone of the game from midfield.  Who do we remove for him though? He's not taking out Gowser no matter what and Anderson deserves his place.

I think when Adam is back, we need a 3 man midfield as whilst he's by a considerable distance our best player, he's a man down defensively and asking just 1 midfielder to provide legs across the whole of central midfield is some ask.

I've no idea how we can work that into a formation with 2 wingers and 2 up top!

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think when Adam is back, we need a 3 man midfield as whilst he's by a considerable distance our best player, he's a man down defensively and asking just 1 midfielder to provide legs across the whole of central midfield is some ask.

I've no idea how we can work that into a formation with 2 wingers and 2 up top!

Pretty sure that's why McPake has wanted a working 3-5-2 for the longest time. Gives him width and balance, a strong midfield core, and (in his mind) a stout defence. The 4-3-3 was his best option this season to have his midfield 3 and still awkwardly fit Gowser in there, but that was fucked as soon as McGhee was out long-term as he was the engine that made it work. Adam needs two midfielders beside him to be utilised effectively, but I consider McGhee a more important aspect of the midfield 3 being effective. Anderson's our best bet for reigniting that once Adam returns.

As for Hearts though, we don't have that issue. Our issue is finding the best MF pairing to deal with them. Currently I'd say Byrne and Anderson, but as I have stated many times I doubt Gowser's getting left out of the squad, so I can see it remaining the same as last night.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm back on the 'Mullen isn't shite' bus btw. He adds so much up top for us. He won a lot of balls in the air and combined well with Cummings. He'll miss countless sitters, no doubt, but he looked good foil for Cummings.

Cummings was raving about how he enjoyed playing with him in his post-match interview. Sow's time is up IMO.

Jakubiak and Cummings could be a cracking pairing and Mullen switching between.

Genuinely forgot Jakubiak was a thing.  

We don't half sign some crocks.