Kilmarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, The Marly said:

As usual you're deflecting. Rather than say we finished seventh it's "didn't reach top six".
And can you quote the source that says we were awarded sixth place because we played less games than Hibs? That's a lot different from PPG.
I don't understand your constant bitterness at the best manager our club has ever had.

I said he didn't reach the top 6 because I was quoting someone who directly said he will be a success if he gets Killie into the top 6. 

We played less games, so went above Hibs despite having less points. It's very simple. Our game in hand was at Ibrox and Hibs GD was 11 goals better than us. There's zero guarantee we'd have been 6th if we'd played that game, so I find it a bit odd to start declaring we earned our 6th place last season tbh.

TW is the greatest manager I'll ever see at Saints, and the past decade will likely be the best ill ever see too. I've zero idea why that means I'm some form of heathen for saying 7th place isn't in the top half, though.

I can’t understand that either. Why the hell is he doing everything to try to diminish Tommy Wright’s achievements at Perth? I particularly like his take that you only finished in the top six last season by playing less games than Hibs, and not that you built up a higher PPG than Hibs. Brilliant political answer.
To be fair the laddie is a car mechanic. It's part of his role to make things sound worse than they are and tell lies [emoji6]

I said he didn't reach the top 6 because I was quoting someone who directly said he will be a success if he gets Killie into the top 6. 
We played less games, so went above Hibs despite having less points. It's very simple. Our game in hand was at Ibrox and Hibs GD was 11 goals better than us. There's zero guarantee we'd have been 6th if we'd played that game, so I find it a bit odd to start declaring we earned our 6th place last season tbh.
TW is the greatest manager I'll ever see at Saints, and the past decade will likely be the best ill ever see too. I've zero idea why that means I'm some form of heathen for saying 7th place isn't in the top half, though.
Okay, you're forgiven.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

As usual you're deflecting. Rather than say we finished seventh it's "didn't reach top six".
And can you quote the source that says we were awarded sixth place because we played less games than Hibs? That's a lot different from PPG.
I don't understand your constant bitterness at the best manager our club has ever had.

I don't know if it's bitterness. You have to agree there's sometimes an uncritical appraisal of Tommy as Saints manager, although mostly in the media who for seven years thought he was too good for us. They'd point to the cup success and Tommy keeping us in the top six for it-doesnt-really-matter-how-many-seasons. An unparalleled period of stable success with players who stuck around.

But it's good to hear from cynics too, who might argue that our most impressive result was his very first; our most successful season that initial one. They'd say he took over a team that had just finished third and never matched it. It was slow but consistent decline after.  They'd criticise his football or for his reluctance – until towards the end – to risk younger players. They'd say the infrastructure was there for Tommy. All harsh, but views like that must have been aired elsewhere in the football world, because he never got an upwards move.

That's why this appointment is fascinating.  Tommy isn't taking over a team in third this time. He's taking over one struggling against relegation and in financial difficulty. So if he can hoist Killie back to consistent top six it would underline his achievements at Saints and make a lot of bigger clubs regret not giving him a chance.

Edited by Mr Heliums

I don't know if it's bitterness. You have to agree there's sometimes an uncritical appraisal of Tommy as Saints manager, although mostly in the media who for seven years thought he was too good for us. They'd point to the cup success and Tommy keeping us in the top six for it-doesnt-really-matter-how-many-seasons. An unparalleled period of stable success with players who stuck around.
But it's good to hear from cynics too, who might argue that our most impressive result was his very first; our most successful season that initial one. They'd say he took over a team that had just finished third and never matched it. It was slow but consistent decline after.  They'd criticise his football or for his reluctance – until towards the end – to risk younger players. They'd say the infrastructure was there for Tommy. All harsh, but views like that must have been aired elsewhere in the football world, because he never got an upwards move.
That's why this appointment is fascinating.  Tommy isn't taking over a team in third this time. He's taking over one struggling against relegation and in financial difficulty. So if he can hoist Killie back to consistent top six it would underline his achievements at Saints and make a lot of bigger clubs regret not giving him a chance.
I don't think Tommy was perfect. But he was as close as Saints are ever likely to get. I suppose the fact that the RandomGuys of the world try to paint seventh place as some sort of failure is testament to the standards he set.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

Even by your standards that is an incredible amount of shite. In the two seasons he didn't get us into the top six we finished seventh. So in seven seasons his lowest finish was seventh, a position that a club of Saints size should be delighted with.

I've no dog in this fight but his lowest finish was 8th. You only finished 7th in one of the seasons you didn't get top 6.

He finished 8th in 17/18. It doesn't change your point like...a club the size of Saints should be delighted with 8th.

380571140_ScreenShot2021-02-08at17_20_29.png.1197f52285c447dff47eb6981aa9f2d1.png

29 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I suppose the fact that the RandomGuys of the world try to paint seventh place as some sort of failure is testament to the standards he set.

You'd have a point if I'd tried to paint 7th as a failure. I was merely saying he hadn't finished in the top 6 in 2 of his last 3 seasons, and didn't get enough points for it last season, so Kilmarnock fans shouldn't demand it from the get go.

I've absolutely zero idea why people are always desperate to paint me in a certain way, fwiw you're far from the only one who doesn't seem to actually read my posts and just project some bizarre viewpoint onto me so you can justify having wee digs.

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I've no dog in this fight but his lowest finish was 8th. You only finished 7th in one of the seasons you didn't get top 6.

He finished 8th in 17/18. It doesn't change your point like...a club the size of Saints should be delighted with 8th.

380571140_ScreenShot2021-02-08at17_20_29.png.1197f52285c447dff47eb6981aa9f2d1.png

Question, are you “delighted” if Motherwell finish 8th?  I don’t think Saints should be delighted finishing 8th. If we finish 8th I’m happy enough but not delighted.  I think we should always be trying to finish as high as we can. A lot of teams have finished third in recent history and although I wouldn’t necessarily expect that, a European place  is more something I would be delighted with.  Not having a go here, it’s just that being delighted with 8th reminds me of a lot of our fans saying we should be happy with anything after our time in the bottom league, that was over 30 years ago 

You'd have a point if I'd tried to paint 7th as a failure. I was merely saying he hadn't finished in the top 6 in 2 of his last 3 seasons, and didn't get enough points for it last season, so Kilmarnock fans shouldn't demand it from the get go.
I've absolutely zero idea why people are always desperate to paint me in a certain way, fwiw you're far from the only one who doesn't seem to actually read my posts and just project some bizarre viewpoint onto me so you can justify having wee digs.
Whatever. I can't be bothered.
We did, however get enough points for sixth last season. That's why we were placed sixth.

On 08/02/2021 at 09:31, jamamafegan said:

Quite surprised by that tbh.

Oh well, he can get the ferry from Troon.

Or he can borrow the jet ski that guy from Irvine used to go see his gf in the Isle of Mann.

Not been a Ferry from Troon for years either.

Jet ski the only local option,  someone mentioned a paddle board. 

Edited by derbydan

This thread has turned into a ditched guy, that his ex has got a new man, feel about it.

What we have seen posted in the last few pages are;

1.He was never any good anyway.

2 It will never last

3. No chance, too much trouble going on down there

4. Tam giving it the "I'll kick his c**t in".

5. BoredomGuy, sobbing, staring at his graphs, contemplating about posting his mixtape  of YouTube videos of Wright speaking about artificial pitches.