Kilmarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's not pretend as if Jim McIntyre is some relegation saving expert who had a blip at Dundee.

Dundee was catastrophic and admittedly, I can't get over his post season celebration at Tannadice but he had a 12% win record and signed utter, utter shite. 4 wins in 31 attempts and 1 of those were after we'd been relegated. Even in the Club 12 season we didn't go down so meekly with the likes of Barry Smith & Bomber Brown in charge. Neil McCann would have been infinitely better staying on and if he were seriously linked with the Killie job there wouldn't be some fans not laughing at that prospect. He'd had pretty much been given a pot of gold by Nelms as well who gave him free reign to pretty much assemble a squad with little regard to finance in the January window.

He was sacked for having Dunfermline 4 points adrift at the bottom, he wasn't exactly setting heather alight at QoS when Ross County bizarrely poached him (something QoS are incredibly fortunate is having shite managers poached from them aka Gordon Chisholm and Jim McIntyre).

Then, despite have vast amounts of money thrown at him at Ross County, he left them 1 point clear of the relegation spots when he was sacked and has bleated about it being a horrendous decision ever since.

Yes, he's had his successes. He won the league with Dunfermline and he won a major honour with Ross County. Alan Stubbs won a major honour with Hibs - Their first in over 100 years. It doesn't stop him being an utterly horrendous manager and it doesn't stop McIntyre either.

Finally, this defense of McIntyre being hamstrung in his Dundee management career because he couldn't appoint Billy Dodds as his assistant is bloody nonsense as well. Firstly, Billy Dodds isn't bright even by Scottish football standards, he's not regarded as a great coach (Leigh Griffiths in particular said he's the worst coach he's ever worked under and just generally thick as f**k - and that's some call coming from Leigh Griffiths). Then - out of the 4 management jobs McIntyre has had, Dodds has been assistant at Ross County.  Gerry McCabe was his assistant at both Dunfermline & QoS. Why didn't he go back to the well to appoint him? Instead, he acted like he was lumbered with Jimmy Boyle (a man that is generally well respected when he's talked about in the media).

He's a c**t.

Thank you for reading my rant.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's such an obvious appointment it would be madness if they didn't. I'd imagine Robinson has loftier ambitions and might be looking at Aberdeen.

TW was pretty vocal about hating plastic pitches/DOF model, so if he takes this he must be getting desperate.

Aye, when Robinson was doing his wee tour of the press after he resigned he was talking about how he felt he'd taken us as far as he could, that 3rd was Motherwell's ceiling and how he had been frustrated that we weren't able to get infrastructure projects off the ground.

"I just thought the time was right for me personally to go. I didn't believe I could take the club any further.

"There was frustration in there, which was nobody's fault.

"I was desperate for a new training ground. I was desperate for infrastructure to improve, but there isn't a magic wand, without money that's very difficult to do.

"The chairman Jim McMahon and [chief executive] Alan Burrows are men I couldn't say anything but good things about.

"Allan and Jim were behind the idea but it didn't quite materialise and I felt I couldn't take the club to the next level.

"I felt the club had reached the ceiling of where we could go.

"Personally I don't believe Motherwell will finish any higher than third."

Link

That's before you get to the stuff about not having the energy for another rebuild etc.

I mean, all of that is fair enough but while I don't know how you square that with the Killie job (especially if the Aberdeen gig is about to become vacant).

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, @Ludo*1, being widely rumoured that McInnes has walked from Aberdeen...

Throws a potential spanner into the works for Killie too, perhaps.

I doubt us and Aberdeen are shopping in the same market. When Aberdeen empty McInnes their gobshite of a chairman will appoint some shiny car salesman of a manager with no previous experience in Scotland, who will talk a better game but get them worse end results.

Edited by craigkillie

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I doubt us and Aberdeen are shopping in the same market. When Aberdeen empty McInnes their gobshite of a chairman will appoint some shiny car salesman of a manager with no previous experience in Scotland, who will talk a better game but get them worse end results.

Just assumed you lot will be targeting Wright/Robinson, but both those would likely fancy a go at getting the Aberdeen job instead, so it might hold things up.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Here's hoping.

That's being far too kind to Cormack who was a disaster 20 years ago as CEO and yet somehow is back as Chairman. Bound to be some shitty reserve coach from America rather than an eminently sensible appointment

10 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

The one time he did not have Billy Dodds beside him - he fails at Dundee.

So make your own mind up who is the mastermind in that Duo.

The one time?

I must have forgotten Billy Dodds' time at East End Park.

TW taking the Killie job pretty much confirms how little interest there actually was for him, sadly.

Can he really achieve more than a Cup win, regular top half finishes and Europe with them?

Add in his vocal hatred of plastic pitches, and having to work under a DOF figure, and this all feels a bit desperate from him tbh, simply to get back into a job.

Interested to see how it all unfolds.

Just now, Nadroj said:

Cry. More. 

*shrugs*

I think he's making this decision out of desperation, rather than anything else, so I worry he'll ruin his legacy as a manager in this country.

Add in the fact we regularly stunk the place out early in the season under his management, and you wonder how quickly he can change your fortunes around.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

I think he's making this decision out of desperation, rather than anything else, so I worry he'll ruin his legacy as a manager in this country.

Add in the fact we regularly stunk the place out early in the season under his management, and you wonder how quickly he can change your fortunes around.

I wonder that about any manager at this stage in the season given how absolutely awful we are. Even if he doesn’t change us around and worst case scenario we go down - I’d much rather have someone with his experience and success in Scotland rather than the alternatives such as Pressley, McIntyre etc. 

Wright seems like a very good option from a pretty awful bunch.