Binman decapitates snowman, loses job, refuses to apologise

ICTChris

If he's 33 then he had one hell of a hard bin round.
Imagine getting someone the sack for kicking a snowman. Sure, go out and have a go at him, call him an arsehole and tell him to get to f**k or something but don't get the guy sacked.
Absolute World Class cuntery.

They didn’t get him sacked - there is literally no way a third party could do that. The firm that employed him are the ones to “blame” for the sacking and it feels like the most this should be is a verbal warning. Of course, if he was already on a second written warning and this was the last straw, maybe he shouldn’t be kicking over snowmen.

When I first read about this, I thought that it was in his way or something. Clearly not - he is a clown.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

If he's 33 then he had one hell of a hard bin round.

Imagine getting someone the sack for kicking a snowman. Sure, go out and have a go at him, call him an arsehole and tell him to get to f**k or something but don't get the guy sacked.

Absolute World Class cuntery.

Maybe they were ex-colleagues.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

They didn’t get him sacked - there is literally no way a third party could do that. The firm that employed him are the ones to “blame” for the sacking and it feels like the most this should be is a verbal warning. Of course, if he was already on a second written warning and this was the last straw, maybe he shouldn’t be kicking over snowmen.

When I first read about this, I thought that it was in his way or something. Clearly not - he is a clown.

Would he have been sacked had the family rubbered some bloke kicking a pile of snow? Or just shouting at him direct? Or has the pressure applied from the family and their actions forced the hand of the employer to sack the guy?

Sure, the guy is a belter for assaulting snow but its really not a sackable offence no matter how you look at it imo.

Anyway, I'm sure the guy will now be snowed under with job offers from gritting companies.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

4 minutes ago, microdave said:

And considering they've got their house up for sale, they could do with weeding the driveway.

If they'd thrown some salt down it would have killed the weeds and the snow wouldn't have built up enough to make a snowman on their drive leading to this situation.

They've brought this all on themselves.

36 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Would he have been sacked had the family rubbered some bloke kicking a pile of snow? Or just shouting at him direct? Or has the pressure applied from the family and their actions forced the hand of the employer to sack the guy?

Sure, the guy is a belter for assaulting snow but its really not a sackable offence no matter how you look at it imo.

Anyway, I'm sure the guy will now be snowed under with job offers from gritting companies.

No-one is sacking an otherwise decent employee for that.  

11 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

No-one is sacking an otherwise decent employee for that.  

Exaclty. Thats why I'm assuming its the ridiculous reaction of the family has pressurised the employer into acting this way. Probably because they are worried about losing the contract or something. 

The thing is, the snowflakes in this situation got the last laugh. 

Exaclty. Thats why I'm assuming its the ridiculous reaction of the family has pressurised the employer into acting this way. Probably because they are worried about losing the contract or something. 
The thing is, the snowflakes in this situation got the last laugh. 

Eh, naw.

It’s far more likely to be because the employee was a total cockwomble, and this was the final straw / excuse they needed.

28 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Eh, naw.

It’s far more likely to be because the employee was a total cockwomble, and this was the final straw / excuse they needed.

Let's agree to disagree.

I'm not getting into an argument over a fucking snowman being assaulted so I'm dipping out now.