Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Nisbet is a good striker at a good age who should only improve at the right club. Since he signed on for the Rovers he's improved year on year.

Raith fans' absolute desperation to see him fail just because he might net us a few quid seems a bit petty, it's your own boards' fault you are the losers in this guys' career progression.

The 1st sentence is blob on.

The second isn't, as far as I've seen there isn't a single Rovers fan that's said anything like that. I'd love to see Nisbet progress to a level where he could be considered to be an internationalist but he's not that yet.  Personally, for now though I'd be glad to see him sold to anyone for a £M or £2M.  Nisbet's is good and his only real failing is his attitude, he was known for it before he came to SP  (and during)  and a little of that came to light on Monday when he was reportedly spitting the dummy for Hibs not letting him go to the Brummie's.  I happen to think he's potentially a better player than go Birmingham but at the same time maybe Hibs should have cashed in because if his form dips and his confidence goes, then his next move could even be a loan back to EEP.  Hot streaks come and go just ask Lawrence Shankland.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Imagine you got Loy instead of Nisbet! Yikes. 

Rory Loy is easily one of the worst footballers seen at East End.

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Weird as Falkirk fans loved him in his first spell. For us he was Jamie Mole levels of pish. 

Eh? Rory Loy was a cracking player, really, really liked him at Dunfermline, we utilised him out wide mostly but he was decent, bit of pace, happy to take players on. Would've really liked to have had him come back the following season. 

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Imagine you got Loy instead of Nisbet! Yikes. 

Rory Loy is easily one of the worst footballers seen at East End.

We might have made a mess of trying to get promoted. Oh wait... 

The fact that we finished about 15 points behind Arbroath, with a free scoring Nisbet, is a sign of how much I hated that season. 

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Eh? Rory Loy was a cracking player, really, really liked him at Dunfermline, we utilised him out wide mostly but he was decent, bit of pace, happy to take players on. Would've really liked to have had him come back the following season. 

Were you drunk a lot back then?

On 01/02/2021 at 22:56, Ro Sham Bo said:

That Nisbet to Birmingham story has to have been rubbish. There's surely no way on earth Hibs would've turned down £3 million for him. He's gone right off the boil over the last few weeks to the point he got dropped at the weekend. 

Hibs would probably be delighted if someone offered anywhere close to £1 million for him. 

23 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Crikey. If the day comes where the likes of Porteous and Nisbet are going for that sort of money it'll be a sad day for football.

Ok to be fair it was these comments from one poster who irked me somewhat. "Absolute desperation" might be a tad OTT. Apologies.

11 hours ago, Toddy said:

I said at the time Nisbet deserved his move to a bigger team when he joined the Pars.

….well, you said it.

Wish Nisbet all the best. Never been one to get too agitated by people moving from the Rovers to the Pars. Some of my favourite Rovers players turned out for both clubs. Crawford, Brewster, Paul Smith are just three examples. Feel the same about Murray. The only former players who signed for the Pars that I don’t like are those who I had little time for during their time at Stark’s because of their attitude. Cardle and McManus being the obvious two. And yes I do realise that I’ve guaranteed a McManus goal tomorrow but he was going to score anyway and we’ll still win 5-4

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Bit harsh on Cardle. I thought he was decent enough while with us.

We are also in the Jamie Mole victims group!

My only real memory of Mole is him scoring a late winner at Starks (maybe against Ross County) to win a dreadful game 1-0 and put us top of the league. What a player he was. 

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

He scored 3 goals for us! I have NO recollection of those.

only goal i can remember him scoring was the winner @ partick, we won 3-2 after he missed a pen but scored the rebound quite late on. no idea about the other 2 goals he scored tho.

13 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Nisbet's is good and his only real failing is his attitude, he was known for it before he came to SP  (and during)  and a little of that came to light on Monday when he was reportedly spitting the dummy for Hibs not letting him go to the Brummie's. 

Can't say I have any issues with Nisbet's attitude or memories of him having a poor attitude when with us (unless the 'chip on the shoulder' Rovers fans who couldn't accept he left us to sign for Dunfermline). I have vague memories of an interview where he said he felt he had a bit of an ego in his younger years and felt he was better than he was and had to screw the nut as time went on. The lad wanted to progress his career at the end of the day. I'd suspect he's not submitted a transfer request off his own back and was acting on the advice of his agent to entice Hibs to let him go - a move that might bite him in the erse but hey ho. I have no idea what wages he's on at Hibs but was in the papers he could have been earning £10k a week at Birmingham, no wonder he's pissed off. 

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Were you drunk a lot back then?

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Will this game be on? It’s been pishing down all night and it’s to be pishing down all day.

54B10D36-6421-4CC2-8E64-D464FBEB3AA4.png

EEP normally isn't too bad for drainage, we don't have many games called off for waterlogged pitches, they'll have time to work on the pitch etc. No guarantee it'll be on though! 

I wouldn't mind it being off again, Brentford game is on T.V.

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Are there any issues with signing up to the PPV close to kick off?  Usually sign up the day before, but wanting to see if the game is going ahead first.

I'd register if you haven't already, however I've bought the game as it's kicked off before and still been fine. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

EEP normally isn't too bad for drainage, we don't have many games called off for waterlogged pitches, they'll have time to work on the pitch etc. No guarantee it'll be on though! 

I wouldn't mind it being off again, Brentford game is on T.V.

It's not that long ago that a derby at EEP was cancelled or abandoned shortly after starting- I can't remember which due to waterlogging.