Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's clearly differing levels of bad between them!

Stellaboz can pipe down and drink his Skol.

Not sure Wighton is the type of player we need. I've never really been impressed with him as a player either. 

He did score a hat trick against us earlier this season....

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It doesn't matter as they're all equally bad. 

Stellaboz has disowned you btw. 

What do the Pars supporters make of Wighton coming to their club? 

He came to us with a great reputation but did nothing much at all. 

I'd forgotten he played for Raith, that must've been a while ago now. 

Truthfully I'm not massively enthused by it. 

I was excited when we signed Wighton, but he was fucking terrible. His performance away to Hibs was the dictionary definition of shitebag. The difference when we got rid of him and Daly was huge. 

Guaranteed a goal against us though. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I'd forgotten he played for Raith, that must've been a while ago now. 

Truthfully I'm not massively enthused by it. 

Pretty sure he was only 17 or 18 when he came to us but he looked completely out of his depth. Dundee fans on here compared him to "Gauld but further forward" but he looked utterly lost - the build up as a superb young talent really meant he was on a hiding to nothing. As Calderon mentions, we improved drastically when he left. Obviously he wouldn't have been anywhere near the finished article at that point but he was a million miles away from Ryan Hardie who was the same again who scored a good number of goals in the latter half of that season for us. I'd say whatever Wighton does he'll almost always get slated by our fans - it would be like if John Hughes is a success at Ross County. We'll still call him a shitebag due to his biases. 

Wighton was truly terrible during his time at Stark’s Park. The sort of player who had a half decent touch and nothing else. He was neither quick nor strong and was a really poor finisher. Complete empty jersey. My jaw was on the floor when I heard Hearts had paid £250K for him. Now, that said, he looked like he’d fair bulked up when I saw him against us in the League Cup in the summer and took his chances well, when I saw the rumour somebody put on our thread the other day he might be Kirkcaldy bound I wasn’t as disappointed as you’d imagine. Hopefully he can rekindle his form from his time with us at the Pars though.

Edited by Enigma

15 hours ago, Niall Russell said:

Jeezo - “riding the pine” makes it’s return to these pages. I thought you’d binned that one for good emoji33.pngemoji33.png

Just wait...I’ve been carefully considering my next Americanism to imbue the game with...but there are soooooo many.

As for “usasoccerguy”, looking over what I can find it seems he’s gotta be pretty knowledgeable to make those jokes land so well, so I’m not sure it’s a complete insult. I will, however, cop to being mostly out of touch with true football goings on, so I’m a bit limited in what I can comment on outside of the game and players.

On the other hand, I will confirm that the Pars are generally manky gits, though there are some good c***s among them. (Is that better?)

Think Wighton was a decent enough player when we signed him on loan and could have done well with us but he’d bought his own hype and his attitude at being sent out on loan was stinking you could tell he didn’t want to be playing in the 2nd tier (same with Barry McKay). It was actually quite funny at the the time as any criticism of Wighton was met with an army of Dundee supporters hounding you for daring to question the next Lionel Messi it’s no wonder the lads ego was so big.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just wait...I’ve been carefully considering my next Americanism to imbue the game with...but there are soooooo many.

As for “usasoccerguy”, looking over what I can find it seems he’s gotta be pretty knowledgeable to make those jokes land so well, so I’m not sure it’s a complete insult. I will, however, cop to being mostly out of touch with true football goings on, so I’m a bit limited in what I can comment on outside of the game and players.

On the other hand, I will confirm that the Pars are generally manky gits, though there are some good c***s among them. (Is that better?)

Never any insult intended. 

Might be testament to the person who runs the USA soccer guy account that I'm likening him with an actual American. 

It's guaranteed that you and your wife will be made very welcome if you do persuade her to come over for a game. 

Looking forward to this, two good teams and I think it’ll be a decent game. Same team as Saturday for us with Davo in for Bene if he’s not fit. Hopefully Matthews is fit enough to come back into the squad but can’t leave out Tait or Spencer after Saturday.

We have had some excellent performances this season but the next step is to try to develop a bit more consistency. We haven’t won back to back league games since the first two of the season. We also have an annoying habit of following up our best results with poor performances. 5-0 win against Morton, next league game we lost to Inverness, 5-2 at Alloa followed by defeat to QOS and obviously the Hearts double header last week (understandable given the circumstances).

We should be in a much better position this midweek than last. A weeks further training and a couple more matches under the belt.

Despite some Dunfermline fan’s frustration at their teams recent form they have only lost twice in 90 minutes all season, one of which was at Tynecastle when, by all accounts, they could easily have came away with a draw. It’s not like they are massively out of form, they are just drawing too many at the moment.

I’ll go for 1-1 which wouldn’t be a bad result for us. McManus to get his customary goal against us and Vaughan or Abraham for the Rovers.

Am I right in thinking since I registered for the QOS away game I just use the same log in details for this one? 

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If Thomas is fit I'd play him on the right. 

Crazy shout. Murray and Dow were very good on Saturday and shouldn't be changed. Dow had his best games in many weeks and Murray was our best player.

Crazy shout. Murray and Dow were very good on Saturday and shouldn't be changed. Dow had his best games in many weeks and Murray was our best player.

Other than his header, I thought Dow was fairly quiet again on Saturday, with Comrie offering more of attacking threat down the right wing than Dow. It was an improvement on the last few months though. Agree that Fraser Murray had a good game though. We offered absolutely nothing when he went off, which makes him a starter on Wednesday for me. That being said, Thomas has offered nothing for months, so I don’t think I’d start him.

Agree with the suggestion above that the only change required should be Turner/Banks in for Mayo, with them playing further forward. Unless we go 2 up front, in which case it would be Mayo out for O’Hara/Wighton.