Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

It’s only with hindsight you realise how detrimental these draws are, more so the ones against Ayr and away to ICT when we were winning and playing well. The draws against Raith and Dundee were fantastic salvage efforts.

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'm pretty confident we would have been safe with the same squad as last season. 

It's not even close to the same squad as last season though, so your 'newly promoted team' excuse after beefing up your team yet again in January - only to get completely dicked by your big rivals on *checks notes* February 3rd - is going nowhere.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

We're better than you and you know it.

Erm you should be, given that you're spending much, much more money on your squad right now. Just as well that the fans are safely back in the grounds already or else this largesse could somehow backfire! 

Edited by vikingTON

Yeah, commentary was pretty good, no complaints there. Stream froze a few times which was bit annoying and crashed entirely at one point which really ought to have been my queue to switch it off. 

The difference between clubs that have their own cameras and those using Pixellot is night and day. 

Erm you should be, given that you're spending much, much more money on your squad right now. Just as well that the fans are safely back in the grounds already or else this largesse could somehow backfire! 
Who said we had the same team as last season... The team from last season would have been good enough to stay in this league this season. Can't really see a need for a "newly promoted team" excuse while we're sitting 3rd in the league... I'm yet to make any excuse for comfortably being beaten by a better team on the night either.

You were boring before our stint in the seaside leagues and just because you've added ainsley harriot to your reportoire, it doesn't make you any less.

Encountering virginton on a Pars v Raith thread is the football forum version of standing In a massive dog shite on your own front door step, not noticing, then walking it right through your beige carpeted house 

Edited by da_no_1

27 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Encountering virginton on a Pars v Raith thread is the football forum version of standing In a massive dog shite on your own front door step, not noticing, then walking it right through your lino flooring

9 hours ago, virginton said:

It's not even close to the same squad as last season though, so your 'newly promoted team' excuse after beefing up your team yet again in January - only to get completely dicked by your big rivals on *checks notes* February 3rd - is going nowhere.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Viking-Ton posts analysed and simplified:

Didn't know what date it was. 

Sly dig at pumping by rivals. 

Ainsley Harriet pic. 

Use of "erm" and italics. 

Concern over club finances. 

4/10. 

An absolute doing last night, we have no answer to teams that press us and our defence can be a horror story, thought Davo was 5 yards behind the rest of the defence for the first goal playing them onside, Pars fully merited that win and it could have been more, Abrahams was shite all night and should have been hooked, we couldn't keep possession of the ball and lost it so many times to allow the Pars attacks, the highs and lows of football eh!!

Thought the Pars TV stream was decent last night, commentators were pretty good and my stream only buffered once for a short time (unfortunately) 

The sheets won the physical battles all night & emerged unsoiled -a rare event.

The TV was ok apart from the commentators being apparently unaware when we used subs not that it mattered in the end. Abraham has much to learn & should have been hooked at half time. Their man Wilson played well.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Well no, the reason why you won't get relegated is because you've actually been chucking money at your first team squad over both transfer windows in the middle of a pandemic. Your 'look at us plucky newcomers' spin is fooling nobody here then. 

Agree with this to an extent.  Mcglynn wasnt backed with 4 signings in the window with a view to finishing 8th or just being happy to stay in this league.  We now have a squad capable of finishing in the top 4, and that will be what the target is.  The fact we are newcomers in this league now means nothing in my opinion, and should not be used as mitigation for absolute stinkers like last night.  

However the inference that we are throwing money we cant afford at a white elephant promotion is a bit wide of the mark, in my view.  All 4 signings this window were loans, and without an intimate knowledge of football finances I wouldn't class that as throwing money.  The club have been on record stating that they can see out the season without fans, and that was before £500k being made available.  

That's not to say that the £500k will be being splashed on players, but that hard reality is that the fans raised considerable funds during the summer with the view to help see the club through.  We now have alternate funds available to keep "wolves away from the door", so in theory, some additional playing budget does not sound like a shock or unrealistic scenario.

As for recruitment during the Summer, I would argue that ending up with a shit squad and getting relegated would be a worse position for the club financially.  We didn't make any marquee signings as such.  Some experienced pro's at this level combined with some gambles from down south.  It just so happens that strategy has worked - so far. 

Going to be one of those up and down seasons I think. Beat Hearts, pumped by them midweek, follow that up with a great win against Dundee and a rodgering against Dunfermline mid week. Vaughan's now re-injured which isn't great and could really do with the likes of Bene, Hendry and Matthews back pronto. 

Fair play to the Pars - best team won.

First half thought was a pretty pish affair until an absolute shambles at the back allowed McManus clean through to score.

Pars dominant in midfield, boy Wilson dictated the game and had a really good game. We reverted to going long which is in no way our style of play and other from Spencer’s goal (which came from a loose pass and the keeper should have done better) we never really laid a glove or tested the back line.

Don’t feel like it was a pumping where our goal was peppered, just come up against the better team on the night who were clinical when they needed to be.

Must apologise I moaned about the stream a couple of times but the issue was me trying to wirelessly play it through the telly that’s what causes the issue.

Watched second half on laptop and it was completely fine - good quality and commentary was fair.

Hadn’t realised Vaughan had gone off injured. I thought it was tactical.

Genuinely hope it’s nothing serious. He’s a brilliant wee player, but injuries seem to be getting the better of him over the last few years. Maybe a bit naive of McGlynn to have him start 3 games in such a short period, but hopefully for Vaughan’s sake it’s just a wee niggle and he was subbed as a precaution.

15 hours ago, grumswall said:
15 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:
Getting pissed of big time with this defensive shitehousery every 2nd game , its plagued us long enough and high time sentiment was thrown out the window . Christ  we'd have been better playing Mendy tonite he couldn't be any worse 

Let's not get carried away. Mendy, along with davo and bene should all be out the door in the summer. All have played a part and done various good things for the club, but aren't good enough if we want to progress.

However, he’s right... Mendy is capable of playing the high defensive line correctly, and has the motor to do it easily all game. His play has been less calamitous than Davo’s, and to an extent Bene’s. That’s not to say that Mendy is ready at this level, as he isn’t yet/ever(?). Musonda has shown enough ability to be considered a starter at the Championship level, but will likely be poached...and that leaves us where come June? McKay returning from injury and trying to decide if Mendy can further develop (hint, not that likely, but the cupboard is truest bare, and a can of peas in there looks pretty good when the rest is empty).

I’m seriously questioning the decisions made this window, as not addressing the back line will likely hurt us badly.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Hadn’t realised Vaughan had gone off injured. I thought it was tactical.

Genuinely hope it’s nothing serious. He’s a brilliant wee player, but injuries seem to be getting the better of him over the last few years. Maybe a bit naive of McGlynn to have him start 3 games in such a short period, but hopefully for Vaughan’s sake it’s just a wee niggle and he was subbed as a precaution.

Problem we have is that we don't have a reserve team - this is the only way he can get game time.