Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

Bearing in mind this game basically had no chances for the first 40 minutes, this has been an almighty collapse. 

It’s almost felt like we’ve had a man sent off. Completely collapsed after the first goal.

Centre of the park missing entirely and the defence... blimey. Bring back Bene. Hard to understand what happened for the first two.

Hendry will be back for Saturday but he won’t stop anyone running over the top of us. Think it shows how big a miss Matthews is.

A Rovers red card would top things off nicely. Abraham could still get one.

I genuinely think he could still get caught offside one more time.

Miserable performance from Rovers tonight.  So jekyll and Hyde in terms of following up a good display with a shite one.

Didn't think there was much in the first half, but Abraham trying to do to much and losing the ball on the edge of the box and were out of position before a great long ball onto McManus puts us 1 down.

Second half, barely started. Our midfield stops when Dow goes down, Masonda barely tries a leg to cover Comrie and then its two.

Despite getting a goal back, immediately lose free kick and then its 3 to a great strike. 

Then lose a 4th after McGlynn just desperately chucks on forwards with no regard to shape.

In amongst all that, Abraham was worse than useless. Constantly lost the ball in central areas. Letting the Pars build from the back. Masonda looked very fucking slow all night. Kennedy and Armstrong took heavy touches all night. Vaughan looked nervy and didn't get into it. Gullan at least looked more involved.

Dunfermline controlled the second half. We looked slow, lightweight and unable to take a touch or pass a ball. Didnt help not having Hendry and Matthews in the middle but really just no one played well at all for us.

Does the ref really need to play 8 minutes stoppage time? If fans were there I’d want him to keep going till midnight but it seems a bit excessive.

We are so painfully inconsistent. The only constant seems to be our complete inability to defend. Poor efforts all over the park tonight unfortunately.

Pars miles ahead of us this evening, well deserved winners and I think will finish 2nd, hopefully we can pick ourselves up again for the weekend.

Edited by HoustonRover

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

Was that Adam King with the ball in behind for Tumilty, there? That could be a good sign. I think that's the first time I've noticed him doing anything. 

I’m more concerned that us dropping completely out the game and being ran over the top of coincided with him coming on the pitch. Many other factors at play obviously so harsh to single him out but like you say he’s been pretty invisible since he came on.

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Was that Adam King with the ball in behind for Tumilty, there? That could be a good sign. I think that's the first time I've noticed him doing anything. 

That's a real reach.

What a stroll that turned into. Everyone doing their bit (not Fon Williams) and playing well. 

Raith defence were an absolute treat for the eyeballs. Really brilliant to watch, so thanks for that lads. 

Well that was shite. Was in 2 minds whether to watch this, decided yes after the total football on Saturday. 

Couldn't get on the stream for 25 minutes, developed motion sickness with that handheld 8mm camcorder and had to watch that abject performance. 

Well done Dunfermline. Totally played us out the game. Cracking goals too

Turned it off after 80 minutes so missed the 4th. Up there with the worst performance of the season. Desperately need Benedictus, Hendry and Matthews back so we can try and create some sort of defensive stability. You won’t find a Rovers fans anywhere who thinks we got anything other than why we deserved. Hopelessly inconsistent.

Also didn’t see the first 15 minutes due to that horrendous website Dunfermline are using. £12 for 65 minutes of utter shite. Cheers lads.

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Davidson a better option than Benedictus though, eh? emoji102.png

I think the fact the we are in 2021 and still debating about the two of them is the real problem. It's a debate that happens every year, as cheap goals are conceded time and time again.