Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

We’ve been battered, here. Dunfermline so much better.

Agreed. I think it could've been a very different game if we'd got to half time at 0-0. The Pars didn't look particularly comfortable in the first half, but as soon as the goal went in we didn't respond well and we've let Dunfermline essentially have the run of the place since then. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Four games against the top three. Two wins, two defeats.  Can’t really complain about that to be honest. 

Flip side is 3 terrible defeats in the last 5 games with 12 conceded in those 5 games. 

Aye, Dunfermline have battered us tonight. 

We've seen the Rovers play some great football this season, but they just haven't turned up in games that require a bit of fight and dig far too often. 

After the excitement of the transfer window, not bringing a defender in looks like a really bad move. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Flip side is 3 terrible defeats in the last 5 games with 12 conceded in those 5 games. 

We are probably in an inflated position at the moment. 4th is the highest target we could possibly aim for I suspect. With our defence I’d imagine we’ll possibly fall short of that. Main aim was to stay in the Championship 

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

We are probably in an inflated position at the moment. 4th is the highest target we could possibly aim for I suspect. With our defence I’d imagine we’ll possibly fall short of that. Main aim was to stay in the Championship 

With the way Mcglynn was backed in the transfer window compared to some other teams, we will need to do a bit more than just staying in the Championship.  And with the wealth of attacking options, to be relying on a 37 year old Davidson at centre half isn't great at all. 

I'm happy where we are right now and would easily have taken it if offered back in October. That said, we are losing too many games in this pathetic manner. 

Edited by CALDERON

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

No, but we can complain about the manner of the defeats...

We could but this time last season we were a league one side.  You can always moan about anything. and many Rovers fans do, but two wins from the three strongest sides in the division with a far higher budget than us is no disgrace. Tonight was poor but not catastrophic. Just two moments of madness. We’re still third in the league so some perspective is needed.

It’s hard to pick who has had the worst game tonight, for me it’s a hard pick between davo, armstrong and Abraham. All absolute garbage. Mind boggling that we didn’t strengthen the defence last month 

Very harsh on Abraham. He was a handful in the first half, with most of the fouls against him looks soft to say the least. Armstrong and Davo need to have a look at themselves though.