Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

Iv said it. I stand by it as well. You didn't have any clear cut chances until davo gifted you the goal. The exact same as we didn't have any at all. I never felt like we were in any danger of conceding in the first half until the goal. If that's all you can pick fault with though, you've had a good night. Enjoy it. Better team won.

I wouldn’t say it was a massive difference between the two in the first half as such, but we were definitely the better team and thoroughly deserved to be ahead. Total stroll in the park the 2nd half and if OFW didn’t have popadoms for hands it would have been handsome, as well as McManus making silly decisions to extend our league.

I certainly didn’t see that coming.  In the 8 games we’ve played since last playing rovers we’ve scored 3 times in open play. Getting 3 tonight on top of a bit of pure class from Murray is fantastic,  does help rovers just didn’t bother to defend 2 of them.  When comrie picked the ball up i was urging him to drive forward into the bit of space,  I was hoping he could travel 10-15 yards and then release the ball to the strikers,  that he got into the box and finished it excellently was a big surprise. 

Having the bottom 3 and a home game vs Dundee to finish this round of fixtures gives us a really good opportunity to try and create abit of comfort in 2nd.  Hopefully a bit of confidence from tonight  will allow us to take that.

Edited by parsforlife

I wouldn’t say it was a massive difference between the two in the first half as such, but we were definitely the better team and thoroughly deserved to be ahead. Total stroll in the park the 2nd half and if OFW didn’t have popadoms for hands it would have been handsome, as well as McManus making silly decisions to extend our league.

Fair enough. I do disagree on the first half overall but with defending like that for the first can't argue you deserved the lead. Can't disagree with any of the rest of it though.

Raith Rovers have been very gracious in defeat. 

Which is quite annoying really. 

They've got enough attacking talent that they'll be more than alright this season, McGlynn putting so much emphasis on his attack when he already had one of the best strikers in the division (Duku) IMO is perplexing when they seem so light in midfield, and so porous in defence. The full backs looked good though. 

Good to see Vaughan back, hopefully he can put those injury troubles behind him. 

Guest Axle Grease

Oh ya c*n*!!

How good were the Pars against the WEE team?, their gas is truly at a peep, back in their box, knowing their place and this Kingdom is ours, remember that. 

Thank you. 

Just remembered we did the right thing and stuck to our guns with the prices for the stream. Dunfermline Athletic: the true working man’s club of Fife.

Yep, we’ll always have the moral high ground over those robbing Tories at Raith Rovers.

They've got enough attacking talent that they'll be more than alright this season, McGlynn putting so much emphasis on his attack when he already had one of the best strikers in the division (Duku) IMO is perplexing when they seem so light in midfield, and so porous in defence. The full backs looked good though. 

Good to see Vaughan back, hopefully he can put those injury troubles behind him. 

We're not light in midfield. Hendry and Matthews are undoubtedly massive losses and could have changed the outcome tonight but we do still have enough talent there to compete with any team in this league. 6/12 points for a newly promoted team against 3 of the best teams isn't too shabby. Sitting 3rd with a game in hand, isn't too shabby. We won't win the league, but we won't be relegated either. Top 4 should be our aim based off of what we've seen so far. It's definitely achievable. Duku has been carrying a niggly injury for a few weeks. Up until a week past Friday our squad were in isolation as well.

The way you seem to counter attack alot is a good strategy against us. We will always leave gaps with how our fullbacks push on and with davo holding macdonalds hand, it will always lead to a chance. The good thing from your pov (outwith beating us 4-1) should be that macdonald never really had a chance with any of them. They were all very well taken goals. For a team that's not scored many recently as well.

Eta:f**k knows why the app has me double quoting tonight.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

We're not light in midfield. Hendry and Matthews are undoubtedly massive losses and could have changed the outcome tonight but we do still have enough talent there to compete with any team in this league. 6/12 points for a newly promoted team against 3 of the best teams isn't too shabby. Sitting 3rd with a game in hand, isn't too shabby. We won't win the league, but we won't be relegated either. 

Well no, the reason why you won't get relegated is because you've actually been chucking money at your first team squad over both transfer windows in the middle of a pandemic. Your 'look at us plucky newcomers' spin is fooling nobody here then. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

My point was more that they both aren't good enough. The fact at least one of them is generally in the starting 11 shows the real issue. 

The only other option is Musonda and Mendy in the middle...and while I believe that wouldn’t be worse than we currently have, the view is not shared widely.

Well no, the reason why you won't get relegated is because you've actually been chucking money at your first team squad over both transfer windows in the middle of a pandemic. Your 'look at us plucky newcomers' spin is fooling nobody here then. 

I'm pretty confident we would have been safe with the same squad as last season. We've undoubtedly added a bit of quality to the squad and actually have a manager though so it's easy to see why your jealous. I wasn't going for a plucky newcomers spin either. We're better than you and you know it.

We're not light in midfield in terms of numbers, but perhaps the prioritisation hasn't been where it should be and has left us a bit short in some areas. 

That said... we could've dropped Vaughan/Kennedy/Armstrong for King and went with a 4-3-2-1 rather than a 4-2-3-1. Saying that, having seen his contribution when he came on, this would've likely made f**k all difference. 

Aye Matthews played a blinder by not being on the pitch in fairness. Spencer is who you are thinking of though.
Aye, as soon as I hit post I thought "is that the guy?". Doesn't help when the commentary team don't know the opposition players as well so don't say the names very often. At least they used surnames for the home players mind you.

Aye, as soon as I hit post I thought "is that the guy?". Doesn't help when the commentary team don't know the opposition players as well so don't say the names very often. At least they used surnames for the home players mind you.

The commentary team weren't as bad as I expected them to be for a derby game. I was pretty happy with the pars TV experience, other than the result and performance we put on obviously.