Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

Don’t mind losing to the Pars however I do in the manner we did tonight, I’m just disgusted in our attitude and effort when on the flip side the Pars had an abundance of it which included a couple of really good goals to boot. However we had an off night cos if your able to score 6 against the hearts and Dundee we are not as bad as our noisy neighbours may think we are after tonight.

To be fair, given the way you were in control at Starks until we had that freak minute where we scored twice, I don’t think any of us will think you’ve just lost that ability.

For me, you seemed to miss Hendry in midfield, who I thought was excellent in the first game. I also think Abraham was terrible tonight and Duku was very good in the first game. Your defending is abysmal though and you really might regret improving depth in attack, rather than improving your obvious weakness (was obvious before tonight!). Depth in midfield may have been more of a priority too, if tonight is anything to go by

11 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Don’t mind losing to the Pars however I do in the manner we did tonight, I’m just disgusted in our attitude and effort when on the flip side the Pars had an abundance of it which included a couple of really good goals to boot. However we had an off night cos if your able to score 6 against the hearts and Dundee we are not as bad as our noisy neighbours may think we are after tonight.

We've scored 5 against those teams.

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Just about got by in League one. Clearly out of their depth at this level. The failure to source a decent central defender in this window will likely cost us. Mendy isn’t any better so we have absolutely no options in that position. Only consolation is that Hendry and Matthew’s back will mean our midfield will be far more compact and not give away possession as cheaply which will help the back line. 

Piss poor tonight but no need to panic. We are still third. Could do with a bounce back on Saturday though 

'Just about' means some nearly did something but still failed.

The stream was fine for me...unfortunately.

4-1 actually flattered us by the end which is quite something considering there wasn’t much in it first half.

I could say the Pars 3rd coming so soon after we got a goal back knocked the stuffing out of us but if we’re being honest, we didn’t deserve to make it 2-1 at that point. It was one way traffic second half and if OFW hadn’t sold the jersey’s we wouldn’t have scored.

Defensively we were all over the place. Davo will take the brunt of the criticism I imagine and he was awful and at 38 should not be a regular starter at this level. However, Musonda was equally bad, if not worse, his poorest game for us by quite some considerable margin.

We got away with that midfield set up at the weekend due to Charlie Adam being unable to run but we really missed Hendry and Matthews tonight. Matthews has the energy and tenacity and Hendry as the deepest midfielder usually fills in the gaps left by our attacking full backs which we badly missed tonight. King was anonymous when he came on and as said earlier we totally lost a grip on the game after he came on. Spencer seemed like a one man midfield at times trying to stem the flow and is probably the only Rovers player to get pass marks.

Abraham was decent first half and terrible second half. He looked scared to make a challenge and risk being sent off so ended up extremely passive.

Finally, you have to say massive credit to Dunfermline. Crawford got his tactics spot on. Kept our wingers very quiet throughout the game and McManus ran our defence ragged. The 2nd and 3rd goal are great finishes. Always very impressed by Iain Wilson. Big strong powerful player that can break things up but very good on the ball too, he bossed the game for me.

Huge wake up call for us. Every time we play well we seem to follow it up with a horror show next match. Last week was excusable given the circumstances but no hiding place for the players tonight, that was horrendous. I didn’t think we could be any worse than the QOS game but that second half possibly beat it.

Missing 3 key players in Bene, Hendry and Matthews but I certainly wasn’t expecting us to get battered when I saw the team sheet tonight. Dunfermline clear favourites for 2nd, we certainly contributed to our own downfall but, aside from Hearts last week, that is the best performance I have seen from an opposition side. 

I have seen a few Raith fans saying there wasn’t much in the first half. Lul wut? Yeah, I mean you did look dangerous a few times, but we totally controlled the midfield and were always the more likely to score.

Every single player had a great game tonight and it would be wrong to single any one out, but that free-kick was just unreal from Fraser Murray. Fantastic technique. Euan Murray tho [emoji7]...ahem, was absolutely solid tonight. Nothing was getting past him. Iain Wilson was his usual classy self (he is in the running for POTY for me) and McManus took his chance really well and probably should have had another. Just an all round fantastic display and hopefully that will kick us on for the rest of the season from that barren spell for our claim to 2nd spot.

22 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Stream was fine for me in Dunfermline. Strange how all the issues were in Kirkcaldy. 

I live in Dunfermline and I had problems logging in at the start.

That being said the ParsTv prodduction wasn't bad, not at the level of Raith TV but I doubt that will bother Pars fans tonight.

I have seen a few Raith fans saying there wasn’t much in the first half. Lul wut? Yeah, I mean you did look dangerous a few times, but we totally controlled the midfield and were always the more likely to score.

Every single player had a great game tonight and it would be wrong to single any one out, but that free-kick was just unreal from Fraser Murray. Fantastic tecnique. Euan Murray tho [emoji7]...ahem, was absolutely solid tonight. Nothing was getting past him. Iain Wilson was his usual classy self (he is in the running for POTY for me) and McManus took his chance really well and probably should have had another. Just an all round fantastic display and hopefully that will kick us on for the rest of the season from that barren spell for our claim to 2nd spot.
Iv said it. I stand by it as well. You didn't have any clear cut chances until davo gifted you the goal. The exact same as we didn't have any at all. I never felt like we were in any danger of conceding in the first half until the goal. If that's all you can pick fault with though, you've had a good night. Enjoy it. Better team won.

Getting pissed of big time with this defensive shitehousery every 2nd game , its plagued us long enough and high time sentiment was thrown out the window . Christ  we'd have been better playing Mendy tonite he couldn't be any worse 

Let's not get carried away. Mendy, along with davo and bene should all be out the door in the summer. All have played a part and done various good things for the club, but aren't good enough if we want to progress.

I was genuinely worried going into tonight - we weren't scoring goals and our defence has been fairly solid but not brilliant and I thought Raith adding Abraham and Kennedy to the likes of Armstrong (who i thought was decent enough when he was on loan with us), Duku, Vaughan, etc. gave them the edge overall.

Turns out I shouldn't have worried. Can't recall Kennedy doing much, Armstrong was really quiet, Vaughan was clearly not fit, Abraham fouled his way through the game and had one tame passback and Duku came on and didn't do much either. Matthews and Tumilty were probably the only wee teamers to get pass marks.

For us, Murray obviously got the plaudits for the goals, particularly the free kick (how good is it when a shot goes in off the underside of the bar?) but I thought Mayo was excellent at giving us the platform to get bodies forward and Wilson was again impressive with his use of the ball. McManus was a pest as always and should have had a couple and Comrie's goal was very well taken. Only downsides were the injury to Dow and Banks flirting around on the periphery rather than being more involved centrally. And OFW of course.

Tough game on Saturday at Gayfield but a chance to get a wee run going maybe.

Just about got by in League one. Clearly out of their depth at this level. The failure to source a decent central defender in this window will likely cost us. Mendy isn’t any better so we have absolutely no options in that position.

This seems to be the one position that we haven’t been able to get someone with better quality than davo or bene. (Apart from stevie anderson) even then, it only really changed our shape. We have done well to get to where we are just now, but i agree the amount goals we are shipping is a concern. It’s just trying to find that balance of being good going forward, but strong at the back.

I was genuinely worried going into tonight - we weren't scoring goals and our defence has been fairly solid but not brilliant and I thought Raith adding Abraham and Kennedy to the likes of Armstrong (who i thought was decent enough when he was on loan with us), Duku, Vaughan, etc. gave them the edge overall.

Turns out I shouldn't have worried. Can't recall Kennedy doing much, Armstrong was really quiet, Vaughan was clearly not fit, Abraham fouled his way through the game and had one tame passback and Duku came on and didn't do much either. Matthews and Tumilty were probably the only wee teamers to get pass marks.

For us, Murray obviously got the plaudits for the goals, particularly the free kick (how good is it when a shot goes in off the underside of the bar?) but I thought Mayo was excellent at giving us the platform to get bodies forward and Wilson was again impressive with his use of the ball. McManus was a pest as always and should have had a couple and Comrie's goal was very well taken. Only downsides were the injury to Dow and Banks flirting around on the periphery rather than being more involved centrally. And OFW of course.

Aye Matthews played a blinder by not being on the pitch in fairness. Spencer is who you are thinking of though.

This seems to be the one position that we haven’t been able to get someone with better quality than davo or bene. (Apart from stevie anderson) even then, it only really changed our shape. We have done well to get to where we are just now, but i agree the amount goals we are shipping is a concern. It’s just trying to find that balance of being good going forward, but strong at the back.
We're always going to concede goals with how we play. The cbs have to be somewhat capable though. I don't think any other than musonda are remotely good enough if we are to push for promotion. I'm not even sure musonda is as good as others have made out either tbh. Iv never watched a game and thought he was a stand out. He does a good job but nothing more than we should be expecting of a cb at this level.