Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Out of interest, what was wrong with their attitudes? I’m genuinely curious, as one thing that I thought everyone agreed on regarding these 2 was the fact that they have given 100% in every game, regardless of who they were playing for. This is honestly the first time I’ve noticed anyone questioning/criticising either of these players for their attitude.

I’m aware McManus didn’t score that many goals for you, but in the games against us, I always thought he was his usual self, doing a lot of running and annoying defenders. That’s one of the main reasons I was pleased we signed him in 2017. Likewise, I thought Cardle did well in his short stint with you and Raith fans were happy with him.

Probably just a personal thing and a bit unfair on both.  Cardle was just frustrating, bit of a one trick pony and his corners were dire. Hit the first man nine times out of ten. Remember one game when it was the last minute of injury time and we were pushing for a equaliser. Got a corner, box loaded and he delivered one of the worst attempts at a corner I’ve seen. Straight to the first man. Summed him up. 

McManus probably suffers but being with us during a particularly bleak episode. He spends too much time niggling his marker rather than focusing on the ball for me. He has undoubted talent but to me he summed up the horrible ‘we’re too good to go down’  attitude that squad had. No character or work ethic when it mattered.  Probably unfair on him as it was pretty much most of the team at the time. Night and day from the players we have now. Of course the fucker will score tonight. Guaranteed. 

Edited by roverthemoon

No Vaughan or Tait? You’re a harsh man!

Can’t see Vaughan being risked on a heavy pitch. Yeah I still feel Tait’s needing a wee break, so off the bench is fine. If he starts no hard grumble. Just an opinion.

Can’t see Vaughan being risked on a heavy pitch. Yeah I still feel Tait’s needing a wee break, so off the bench is fine. If he starts no hard grumble. Just an opinion.

Matthews still out for tonight?

If so, then Tait gets the nod for me

King hasn’t done anything wrong but at the same time, we still don’t know what we’re getting so throwing him into his first start in a Fife derby probably isn’t that smart tbh

If the game's on this shite weather will suit dunfermline more than us, our slick play will suffer.

It’ll suit us how, exactly? Because we launch high balls all the time? You are talking shit, mate. As much as Fon-Williams likes to play hoofball, we are very much a get down and play team.

Confident about getting at least a draw, only because we very rarely lose to the Wee Team at EEP. Basing it solely on that. Like, I have no faith at all in our attacking players at the moment, as they aren’t scoring anywhere near enough. I would actually like to see Banks get a shot playing off McManus in more an attacking midfield role rather than getting subbed on to play wide where he obviously has no idea how to play, as shown in last weekend’s game.

A Joe Cardle “unplayable” day was worth the many hopeless ones. 

That’s often the way with wingers do something amazing then be anonymous for a few games. Cradle was decent enough for us if unspectacular. He had a few good performances and probably got more stick than deserved, my only complaint with Cardle was I thought his corner taking was poor and often didn’t beat the first man with them.

Weather will make it an interesting one tonight, definitely won’t suit our passing game so we’ll need to adapt, not sure how the Pars game will be effected as I’ve only seen you guys Vs us and Hearts but no point moaning about the weather as it’ll be the same for both teams. McManus a certainty to score his customary goal against us. Expecting a tough game here and I think most Rovers fans would take a draw.

4 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

EEP grass? Why did I think it was astro? Was it astro then back to grass? Am I being mental?

Any chance of this game being off?

We last had an artificial pitch in 2005. Been grass ever since.

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Confident about getting at least a draw, only because we very rarely lose to the Wee Team at EEP. Basing it solely on that.

I’ll use the same logic and say we’re due a win there.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Didn’t you end up with the pitch that was intended for Wembley as the stadium was delayed?

We had two versions. The first was absolutely shite, the replacement was a joy to play on. 

The first was almost a bit like the plastic grass you can put in your garden whereas the second had those rubber bits that would bounce up. Absolutely brilliant pitch to play on.