Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

4 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Cardle, for us, was somewhat anonymous for large parts of the season if I recall correctly. Well... unless the tv cameras were out! Then he'd be scoring 40 yard screamers.

Cardle was fine. Didn't help that our central midfield disappeared as Liam Fox seemed to slow down to the point I thought he might have been an oak tree. Also, our strike force was Elliot, Spence and Smith so not like Cardle had anything good to feed into either. Eventually Baird arrived to bail us out, but f**k me that was a shite forward line.

Yeh, I wasn't intending to bash him at all. He was still one of our better players but I just remember fans feeling that was wasn't contributing enough as we lulled through the middle of the season and the frustration as he turned inside for the millionth time. Pretty sure Scare Bear used to call him "TV Cardle" as well.

6 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Yeh, I wasn't intending to bash him at all. He was still one of our better players but I just remember fans feeling that was wasn't contributing enough as we lulled through the middle of the season and the frustration as he turned inside for the millionth time. Pretty sure Scare Bear used to call him "TV Cardle" as well.

Cup tie Cardle and Average Joe were two others.

Aye, King of the inside cut. Was still having some joy doing it against us back in the challenge Cup semi tbf.

25 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

A Joe Cardle “unplayable” day was worth the many hopeless ones. 

26 minutes ago, renton said:

Cardle was fine. Didn't help that our central midfield disappeared as Liam Fox seemed to slow down to the point I thought he might have been an oak tree. Also, our strike force was Elliot, Spence and Smith so not like Cardle had anything good to feed into either. Eventually Baird arrived to bail us out, but f**k me that was a shite forward line.

Might just be me but I thought Callum Elliot was excellent when he first joined. Chipped in with goals and his hold up/link play was very good. As soon as the defeats started around December you could see his confidence disappear along with the rest of the team to the point he quickly became hopeless.

Very frustrating because he started the season well. Jason Thomson rated him as one of the best, most skilful strikers he had played with at Starks, certainly in that initial spell before it all turned to shit.

11 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Might just be me but I thought Callum Elliot was excellent when he first joined. Chipped in with goals and his hold up/link play was very good. As soon as the defeats started around December you could see his confidence disappear along with the rest of the team to the point he quickly became hopeless.

Very frustrating because he started the season well. Jason Thomson rated him as one of the best, most skilful strikers he had played with at Starks, certainly in that initial spell before it all turned to shit.

Aye, Elliot was the best of the lot. There was a game against Dundee. We lost and had someone sent off, but he spent the second half ragdollling their defence with no support.

Unfortunately, as you say injuries and confidence got the better of him.

Edited by renton

Onto the game, our record at EEP is stinking and we haven't won back to back games since the start of the season.

Dunfermline not scoring many or conceding many. Meanwhile we are scoring reasonably freely and also conceding goals a plenty. 

I think a score draw would be a decent result for us here. They will be able to press us better than Charlie Adam's Dundee, and have wide players who should be able to make more of our fragility at crosses. On the other hand we should have enough going forward to cause a few problems for even their stingy defence.

Edited by renton

43 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

43 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Probably because the only time Scary ever saw the Rovers was when we were on the tele. 😉

Where is @SteakandGravy's Solicitor ! I need representation. 

I didn’t come up with the ‘TV Joe’ thing. I just joined the baying mob. I recall having a go at him at times, probably during that time where we won the Ramsdens Cup but were torture in the league. 

Cardle was okay for us. Highlights being that TV goal against St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup QF and that goal at East End Park in the Ramsdens Cup.

Edited by Scary Bear

38 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Where is @SteakandGravy's Solicitor ! I need representation. 

I didn’t come up with the ‘TV Joe’ thing. I just joined the baying mob. I recall having a go at him at times, probably during that time where we won the Ramsdens Cup but were torture in the league. 

Cardle was okay for us. Highlights being that TV goal against St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup QF and that goal at East End Park in the Ramsdens Cup.

Did Cardle not just win a penalty against the pars? Liam Fox scored it? 

9 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Nights like this I’m glad I’ll be watching from my sofa and not shivering in a concrete heat-sink in a howling gale.

Disagree, I love a game under the lights. 

Can only remember one league game, sure we won despite Bell? Being sent off. 

9 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Nights like this I’m glad I’ll be watching from my sofa and not shivering in a concrete heat-sink in a howling gale.

Disagree, I love a game under the lights. 

Can only remember one league game, sure we won despite Bell? Being sent off.