Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

It's not that long ago that a derby at EEP was cancelled or abandoned shortly after starting- I can't remember which due to waterlogging.

It was a challenge cup game, just before 3pm it pished down and almost the length of the pitch in front of the main stand flooded and the puddles wouldn't drain.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

My only real memory of Mole is him scoring a late winner at Starks (maybe against Ross County) to win a dreadful game 1-0 and put us top of the league. What a player he was. 

Scored the 3rd in a 3-1 win against QoS as well. Baird and Tadé had us 2-0 inside 10mins.

He wasn't good, if we're being polite. I remember during the 2-2 game at EEP that season the Dunfermline fans regaling him with a continuous chat of 'Jamie Mole is fucking shite, fucking shite, fucking shite" and noting how simple but effective that was. 

50 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

It's not that long ago that a derby at EEP was cancelled or abandoned shortly after starting- I can't remember which due to waterlogging.

Aye that's one of the few games it's happened, absolutely torrential rain on a hard pitch with it being summer the puddles just wouldn't f**k off, some laugh. 

I'm sure that must be about 6, maybe 7 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Aye that's one of the few games it's happened, absolutely torrential rain on a hard pitch with it being summer the puddles just wouldn't f**k off, some laugh. 

I'm sure that must be about 6, maybe 7 years ago. 

Potter trying to sweep the water off the pitch with Triggers' broom, then handing it to one of the ball boys who promptly snapped it. Scenes.

I walked in to that game about 5 minutes late. Didn't know what was going on. I wasn't in Dunfermline during the monsoon so you can imagine my confusion. 

Rovers fans were foaming at the mouth at the entrance to the club shop and office after it was called off. Was delicious to hear their cries of "Cheats" as I sauntered back to get pished at the pub. We beat them in the replay, with one of the worst Dunfermline teams in history. Hilarious.  

It would seem as though there’s not any planned pitch inspection and it’s game on... which I’m pleasantly surprised with. A few school night beer [emoji482]

My team for tonight

JMac
Tumilty Davo Frankie KMac
Spencer King
Armstrong Kennedy Gullan
Duku

Timmy didn’t do anything wrong on Saturday, so I’ve literally just tossed 10p for who’s name is going on haha! So either one will be fine.

It’s probably not the 4-0-6 lineup that most were looking for...

It would seem as though there’s not any planned pitch inspection and it’s game on... which I’m pleasantly surprised with. A few school night beer [emoji482]

My team for tonight

JMac
Spencer King
Armstrong Kennedy Gullan
Duku

Timmy didn’t do anything wrong on Saturday, so I’ve literally just tossed 10p for who’s name is going on haha! So either one will be fine.

No Vaughan or Tait? You’re a harsh man!

43 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

It would seem as though there’s not any planned pitch inspection and it’s game on... which I’m pleasantly surprised with. A few school night beer emoji482.png

My team for tonight

JMac
Spencer King
Armstrong Kennedy Gullan
Duku

I think Davo for Bene will be the only change to the starting line up.

The only former players who signed for the Pars that I don’t like are those who I had little time for during their time at Stark’s because of their attitude. Cardle and McManus being the obvious two. 

Out of interest, what was wrong with their attitudes? I’m genuinely curious, as one thing that I thought everyone agreed on regarding these 2 was the fact that they have given 100% in every game, regardless of who they were playing for. This is honestly the first time I’ve noticed anyone questioning/criticising either of these players for their attitude.

I’m aware McManus didn’t score that many goals for you, but in the games against us, I always thought he was his usual self, doing a lot of running and annoying defenders. That’s one of the main reasons I was pleased we signed him in 2017. Likewise, I thought Cardle did well in his short stint with you and Raith fans were happy with him.

Don't really know what to expect tonight.  With the signings we have made, and the 6 points from 9 vs Dundee and Hearts - the view of "happy to stay in the league" doesn't really wash now.  There is an expectation to push for a playoff spot this season now.  Will be interesting to see how that dynamic works.

Dunfermline are a good side and derby games are impossible to call.  We tend to vary from fantastic to dreadful, and haven't won 2 games in a row since the start of the season.  However, we have options to change up our style as well as the personnel now.  

I'd take a draw to keep us 2nd.  

Just now, CallumPar said:

Out of interest, what was wrong with their attitudes? I’m genuinely curious, as one thing that I thought everyone agreed on regarding these 2 was the fact that they have given 100% in every game, regardless of who they were playing for. This is honestly the first time I’ve noticed anyone questioning/criticising either of these players for their attitude.

I’m aware McManus didn’t score that many goals for you, but in the games against us, I always thought he was his usual self, doing a lot of running and annoying defenders. That’s one of the main reasons I was pleased we signed him in 2017. Likewise, I thought Cardle did well in his short stint with you and Raith fans were happy with him.

I just though Mcmanus was a bit shit to be honest.  Don't remember his attitude being particularly bad, I just thought he was pish.  

Cardle was fine.  A.N Other Championship winger who is great one week and anonymous the next.  Seemed a decent lad and enjoyed his time here.