Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

Raith fans' absolute desperation to see him fail just because he might net us a few quid seems a bit petty, it's your own boards' fault you are the losers in this guys' career progression.

I disagree. We would never have made anything significant from him even if we had a sell on clause when he signed for you. Nesbit moving on allowed Bowie to break into the team and make us a good profit.

I definitely don’t think we are ‘losers’ in the situation. Since Nesbit played for us in league one, our club has gone from strength to strength both on and off the field. I’m more than happy with where we are just now. Can Dunfermline fans say the same about their club?

Nisbet is a good striker at a good age who should only improve at the right club. Since he signed on for the Rovers he's improved year on year.
Raith fans' absolute desperation to see him fail just because he might net us a few quid seems a bit petty, it's your own boards' fault you are the losers in this guys' career progression.

Are there any rovers fans desperate to see him fail? I haven’t seen any evidence of that.

Good guy who did a good turn for us.
I, and I assume fans of most teams at this level, like it when a former player plays for a big team or at international level so I hope his career keeps on with its upwards trajectory.

Edited to add- unless of course it’s a shite-bag like Jordan Thompson who did absolutely feck all for us and has inexplicably still progressed his career.

What's the chances of the game going ahead tomorrow? Do you not think since we are in lockdown and both teams are full-time that they could have an afternoon kick off? It would save on your leckie bill at least.

I think the club would rather have an evening kick off to maximise tv streams. Most folk are working during they day, even if that’s from home.

The story I heard was that we only signed Nisbet after missing out on one or two others. He was a very underwhelming signing at the time, not the boards fault we only gave him a one year contract and he turned into a goal machine. I’ve no desire to see him fail, don’t think I’ve seen anybody say that.

Edited by Enigma

Some of the comments about wanting him to fail might be aimed at me. It's not that at all. He did a great job for us and was too good to be hanging around in league 1 for another year.

It's the £2-£3 million fees that I'm amazed at. I know he's scored a fair few goals for Hibs, especially early on, but I've watched a few Hibs games on TV and he's not exactly stood out. 

I suppose the £2 million for Cosgrove is a benchmark fee but I'm not sure he's there yet.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Some of the comments about wanting him to fail might be aimed at me. It's not that at all. He did a great job for us and was too good to be hanging around in league 1 for another year.

It's the £2-£3 million fees that I'm amazed at. I know he's scored a fair few goals for Hibs, especially early on, but I've watched a few Hibs games on TV and he's not exactly stood out. 

I suppose the £2 million for Cosgrove is a benchmark fee but I'm not sure he's there yet.

Yeah, at the end of the day he’s worth what somebody is willing to pay for him.

The story I heard was that we only signed Nisbet after missing out on one or two others. He was a very underwhelming signing at the time, not the boards fault we only gave him a one year contract and he turned into a goal machine. I’ve no desire to see him fail, don’t think I’ve seen anybody say that.

That’s correct. We were after Rory Loy who signed for Dumbarton instead. We then turned to an unknown Kevin Nisbet who’d been freed by Partick Thistle and had a poor loan spell with Ayr United! The only thing any of us remembered about him was an open goal he’d missed while playing for Ayr!

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

That’s correct. We were after Rory Loy who signed for Dumbarton instead. We then turned to an unknown Kevin Nisbet who’d been freed by Partick Thistle and had a poor loan spell with Ayr United! The only thing any of us remembered about him was an open goal he’d missed while playing for Ayr!

Had we got Loy instead, it would have lowered Smith's hit rate in that window to zero. Apart from Nisbet none of those signings turned out well.

Anyway, f#ck this Nisbet love-in here!

The game, it’s pissing of rain in Kdy. But snowing in Dunfermline, I last heard and also checked on my phone - iPhone weather app - always in the know... [emoji51]
Is the snow lying, game on / game off?
I know it’s tomorrow night. But I am f#cking buzzing!

Anyway, f#ck this Nisbet love-in here!

The game, it’s pissing of rain in Kdy. But snowing in Dunfermline, I last heard and also checked on my phone - iPhone weather app - always in the know... [emoji51]
Is the snow lying, game on / game off?
I know it’s tomorrow night. But I am f#cking buzzing!
Proper wet snow, not lying at all. I live a stones throw away from EEP so situation will be the same there.

Game should be good to go ahead barring any drastic change.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Imagine you got Loy instead of Nisbet! Yikes. 

Rory Loy is easily one of the worst footballers seen at East End.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He also barely kicked a ball for Dumbarton when he chose to sign for them, 8 games according to wiki. Definitely doged a bullet there. 

5 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I disagree. We would never have made anything significant from him even if we had a sell on clause when he signed for you. Nesbit moving on allowed Bowie to break into the team and make us a good profit.

I definitely don’t think we are ‘losers’ in the situation. Since Nesbit played for us in league one, our club has gone from strength to strength both on and off the field. I’m more than happy with where we are just now. Can Dunfermline fans say the same about their club?

Yes, I'm happy where we are just now. Thanks for asking. Although we've hid a wee sticky spell form wise most of us are intrigued/excited as to where our club is heading with the German investors despite the ongoing Covid crisis.

And It's Nisbet btw. I'm glad you guys are now seeing sense - I hope it continues when he's sold by Hibs & nets us a small fortune. No bitterness please. Only good will.

I've no desire to see Nisbet fail either. He had a frankly astonishing scoring record for us so it was no surprise he left. I am, however, highly amused to see him demand a transfer for the third season is a row. 

He is a better than Shankland as well, so maybe the move will have Shankland removed from the Scotland squad, since he isn't good enough unless we're playing San Marino. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

At the point they signed for their respective clubs, as mentioned, Nisbet had something like 8 goals in 48 games. Loy was seen more favourable and remembered for his first spell with Falkirk: he'd struggled when he'd gone back after his time down south but he was widely seen as an excellent signing. At pre-season people generally felt it would be a shout out between us and Dumbarton for the title - nobody really saw Arbroath's incredible season. 

I'm not too surprised that Nisbet has kicked on for every club he's played for since. We'd seen it with Shankland but Nisbet has had a stronger trajectory and really should be a Scotland call up. He was staring into the footballing abyss before signing for us and he's done brilliantly for us. If Nisbet hadn't left us, we'd not had seen Kieron Bowie go on to become a regular first team player netting us a good fee with future sell ons. Obviously, it's not ideal to lose a player to a rival and watch them as they'll potentially net a huge fee but previously in the past we've had far worse deals (Bates to Rangers for example).