Dunfermline vs Raith - Wednesday 3rd Feb

1st half Tait thunderbolt.
Mid to late 2nd half J Mac wonder save and Timmy thumps home the second on the subsequent breakaway. [emoji8]

Edited to dd.
Either that or the Hunchback scores an offside winner after a snoozfest 89 mins.
1st part sounds awfy familiar...

25 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Would happily take a point here. There wasn't a huge amount between the sides last time. 

I would take a point too but we were quite a bit better than them last time, and even they admitted it.

PS This might turn out like the ICT games, where we had the better of a home drawn game and were harried into submission at their place. I don't think so tho somehow this time.

Edited by Raith_Raver

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

I would take a point too but we were quite a bit better than them last time, and even they admitted it.

PS This might turn out like the ICT games, where we had the better of a home drawn game and were harried into submission at their place. I don't think so tho somehow this time.

Rovers were absolutely the better team last time. You should have been at least 3 up before we scored.

Our first was out of nothing and I'm surprised how much it shook you.

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Hadn't even thought about this but I'd agree with that. Should be an interesting fixture either way. We've now got Kennedy, Vaughan, Abraham and King while we'll miss Hendry, Gozie and possibly Bene. 

Per JMcG, all three will miss it, plus  maybe Matthews. After watching the highlights of the Dundee game, the connection between Kennedy and Abraham, for players with two practices under their belts together, was pretty sweet looking. It may well be that those two mesh perfectly, and Duku may be riding the pine a lot more going forward. Vaughan seems to be rounding into shape too.

So the (alledged) big team boys are crapping their pants because the(alledged wee team are playing to their strengths) and are now rolling over so we can stroke their tummies. Get ta fcuk yer mingin townie lying barstewards. It's a game between two teams and at the end of the day the best team on the night will probably win. So good luck to you but I really hope you come second.

10 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

So the (alledged) big team boys are crapping their pants because the(alledged wee team are playing to their strengths) and are now rolling over so we can stroke their tummies. Get ta fcuk yer mingin townie lying barstewards. It's a game between two teams and at the end of the day the best team on the night will probably win. So good luck to you but I really hope you come second.

Alleged? There's no doubt.

You may well turn out to be the better team for a short while, but you will always be the wee team.

Edited by Chubbychops

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Rovers were absolutely the better team last time. You should have been at least 3 up before we scored.

Our first was out of nothing and I'm surprised how much it shook you.

Should they? 

I'm not getting the logic that Raith were quite a bit better, scored twice from a set piece but outwith that they were limited to long range shots, Dow? Had the best chance of the game, for all the talk of Raith playing football they were very, very direct in the first half. 

Draw was the correct result. 

I thought over the 90 mins we were probably the better side, but the 2 quick fire goals swung the game and in the end could really have went either way. In the end was content enough with the point. 

A draw keeps us 2nd with a game in hand over Dunfermline.  Would have bitten your arm off for that after the last derby. Certainly a winnable game for both sides though, hopefully a decent spectacle. 

Edited by CALDERON

No idea what to expect this season we can be brilliant some games and not turn up in others, we’re scoring goals for fun this season but leaking them at the back and McManus always gets one against us. Pars are on a poor run at the moment which I guess should give us an edge. This will come down to who can control the midfield. I’m going to be optimistic and say we can nick this one so that’s a certain win for Dunfermline now.

Win, lose or draw it’s not dull this season being a Raith fan and John has done a great job turning us around from the shambles of Locke, Hughes and Smith. It’s just a shame we can’t watch it from the stands. Rovers playing great football and Scotland qualify for the Euros and we’ve got to watch it on TV [emoji30]

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Per JMcG, all three will miss it, plus  maybe Matthews. After watching the highlights of the Dundee game, the connection between Kennedy and Abraham, for players with two practices under their belts together, was pretty sweet looking. It may well be that those two mesh perfectly, and Duku may be riding the pine a lot more going forward. Vaughan seems to be rounding into shape too.

I think your support and enthusiasm for the Rovers is great but I can't help but think of soccerguy when I read some of your posts. 

As for the game, I'm well learned in not being confident that the Rovers will pick up a win when they may be favourites to do so. Hopefully form doesn't go out the window in this derby as per the overused cliché and we come back along the road having consolidated 2nd place. 

Jeezo - “riding the pine” makes it’s return to these pages. I thought you’d binned that one for good [emoji33][emoji33]