When would you like to have lived?

Bairnardo

Do you think now is the best time to be alive?

Personally I watch TV, films, read books etc about different times and fond myself wishing I could see what life was like then.

Most recently, I think life would be better thousands of years ago, when the planet was still teeming with life. The hunter gatherer time.

When would the people of P&B like a wee shot of and why?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Do you think now is the best time to be alive?

Personally I watch TV, films, read books etc about different times and fond myself wishing I could see what life was like then.

Most recently, I think life would be better thousands of years ago, when the planet was still teeming with life. The hunter gatherer time.

When would the people of P&B like a wee shot of and why?

i suspect life probably wasnt much fun then,a perpetual struggle to survive and,as hobbes would say,"nasty,brutish and short"

Would have liked to have seen my team play in six finals at Hampden between 1927 and 1953 but wouldn't fancy being British Empire cannon fodder in WW1. 

Maybe being born around 1910 or so? 

Probs have to work down the pit for a living, but might have been worth it for the fitba. 

Being part of the Roman gentry during the rise of Julius Caesar and then through the reigns of Augustus and Tiberius would have been fucking magnificent, IMO. Living through the days of Nero probably would have been the most interesting / debauched as long as you’d kept on the right side of the mad fucker.

The downside to living in the past is all the nasty bugs going about that kick covid into a cocked hat- bubonic plague, cholera, small pox etc.

Personally if I had the money then that I do now then my student days in the early 90s would be fun although I wouldn't have a liver and I'd be literally shagged out 

I have been lucky enough to witness the Dons glory years in the early/mid 80s before moving down south and watching both local teams Wimbledon and Palace play in FA Cup finals.
I would love to have been of age in the 60s to have seen my hometown team winning cups and playing in Europe.

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The downside to living in the past is all the nasty bugs going about that kick covid into a cocked hat- bubonic plague, cholera, small pox etc.

Personally if I had the money then that I do now then my student days in the early 90s would be fun although I wouldn't have a liver and I'd be literally shagged out 

Not even that. Before running water in houses personal hygiene must have been horrific.

99% of people would be humming.