Robin.Hood

Football stickers

Here's my doubles for the Scotland book if anyone is still collecting.

45, 53, 62(x2), 83, 87, 90, 94, 99, 111, 125, 131 (x2), 144, 150, 156 (x2), 170, 171, 182 x2, 198.

Just bought the starter pack which is the album and 4 packs of stickers just to check it out. The first Panini album I did was Europa 80. Just dug it out to have a look at it to see how it compared. Back then you got a nice map of Europe with the qualifying teams highlighted. Stickers showing you the host cities and the stadiums to be used. A  couple of nice stickers showing the promotional images for the tournament. Previous winners and star players. The badge, team photo and 3 star players of non qualifying teams. Info on all the games that the qualifying teams had played since the last tournament. Compared to that, the new one is fucking shit. The style of the stickers are rubbish. No team photos. No info on what team the players play for or how many caps/goals they have. Why the f**k would I want to know how much a player weighs? And what's with the diddy half and half stickers of the same players but in an action setting? As a Panini veteran, can I just say get to f**k. Fucking b*****ds. Now, anyone got any dubs?

26 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Just bought the starter pack which is the album and 4 packs of stickers just to check it out. The first Panini album I did was Europa 80. Just dug it out to have a look at it to see how it compared. Back then you got a nice map of Europe with the qualifying teams highlighted. Stickers showing you the host cities and the stadiums to be used. A  couple of nice stickers showing the promotional images for the tournament. Previous winners and star players. The badge, team photo and 3 star players of non qualifying teams. Info on all the games that the qualifying teams had played since the last tournament. Compared to that, the new one is fucking shit. The style of the stickers are rubbish. No team photos. No info on what team the players play for or how many caps/goals they have. Why the f**k would I want to know how much a player weighs? And what's with the diddy half and half stickers of the same players but in an action setting? As a Panini veteran, can I just say get to f**k. Fucking b*****ds. Now, anyone got any dubs?

I must admit that, having seen a few pictures of the inside of the album, I'm inclined to agree. Looks a bit shit to me.

Nevertheless, my maw stopped by today with an album and a dozen packets of stickers  :lol:

You're right. The quality is awful and they are frankly taking the piss with the number of stickers. Could easily shave 100 off the total. 

I’ve been collecting this. It’s for the kids, obviously.

Im down to my last 4, and keen to try and finish it off without having to send away for any.

Anybody got (and would be willing to swap with a stranger over the internet) 40, 54, 113, 132?

Edit - just to point out that this is the Scotland book rather than the one with all the teams.

Edited by Adamski

Quality of stickers is shite. You used to get stickers of all the stadia etc now just a page with info and not even photos. Utter shite.

Also the weight of pages feels like it's away to fall apart before the stickers go in.

I do like the wee half stickers though. Double the fun 

Anyway, I have started now.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Interesting that they've turned the player portraits horizontal this time out. They used to do horizontal stickers for the less fashionable sides, with two players side-by-side on each sticker. Now that these tournaments have expanded to 32 - 40 - 48? countries, I wish they'd go back to that; full stickers for each player in the higher-seeded nations, half a sticker per player for the lower seeds. It'd bring the collections back down to a more reasonable number of stickers, and drop the price. But that's hardly a priority for Panini when people are still buying them  :lol:

Ten packets and a shiny tin for £9.

Agree with previous comments that the article is very disappointing. Nothing hugely interesting in it. I'll just aim to complete Scotland. No intention of investing big money in this one once I finish the Scotland book.

image-2021-03-28-23:21:46-363.jpg

My maw came over today to watch the Scotland game, and arrived with one of those Euro 2020 tins.

I realise I'm coming across as a wee boy in this thread, but my maw is awesome, and it's not my fault that she loves me more than your maw loves you  :P

Enjoying collecting these so far but (at least for me) the Scotland players are like gold dust. Accumulated a pile of 20 odd doublers if anyone’s keen on organising a swap.

17 hours ago, Dosser0209 said:

Enjoying collecting these so far but (at least for me) the Scotland players are like gold dust. Accumulated a pile of 20 odd doublers if anyone’s keen on organising a swap.

6 of them I have so far

Only 12 doublers so far but 2 of them so happen to be Scotland players. 

This is going to cost me the same as a holiday 
20210327_172341.thumb.jpg.f74353c69e1cbacf0b53ece84decfec8.jpg
I presume you got mctominay as one of the six attached inside the album?

Bought 4 more packs today, still no doubles. Highlights so far are No6...front pager, the Swiss and Finnish badge and Mctominay(attached to album), but palmer and Kent also..

My 2 month old son convinced me to collect these.

Will probably buy the 140 sticker box as it includes another 50 stickers you can order. Not the most fun way to do it but certainly the cheapest. Will order the England team as extras and eBay it if I've got enough spares.

On 28/03/2021 at 23:23, paul-r-cfc said:

Ten packets and a shiny tin for £9.

Agree with previous comments that the article is very disappointing. Nothing hugely interesting in it. I'll just aim to complete Scotland. No intention of investing big money in this one once I finish the Scotland book.

image-2021-03-28-23:21:46-363.jpg

Bought the tin on Wednesday, planning to order the Scotland stickers and keep them in there. 

Tesco are selling a very odd pack - the tin (with the ten packets inside) on card backing, with another two packs of stickers stuck to it. £9.99. Slightly better value than just the tin, but a bit peculiar.

Also, why are some of the sticker packets metallic orange, and some just flat non-metallic? Another oddity.

Here’s my doublers for the euro 2020 collection-

5,13,21,46,56,65,130,132,153,164,172, 183,229,322,364,406,447,458,508,529, 546,558,568,571,590,623,625,676

PM if interested