The January Meh-ctacular- Killie v Saints - 30/1/21

Just now, craigkillie said:

Youd' be as well watching the whole thing, St Johnstone were by far the better team throughout.

Yes that's true, but the goals were too traumatic the first time around.

We do have a strong track record in getting managers punted. Wonder if this is going to be another trophy head to mount on the wall?

Despite being two down and despite some not too clever defending, we deserved that. Liked the balance of the team and some really strong individual performances. I don't accept it was because they were rested on Wednesday but simply because they are good players, McCann and Wotherspoon so influential and should be in the team whenever possible.
Sadly (or maybe not if you are Killie-minded) for Alex Dyer, it's the sort of result that gets you the sack. 

Can't agree more with the McCann/Wotherspoon point. Hope we stick with the 5-3-2 when we can as its the formation that gets the best of both of them.

1 minute ago, NFL12 said:

If what I am hearing is true Dyer has left the club so thanks are due to StJ. I don’t mean to be cruel on Dyer but his tenure was painful.

Thats if official.

No fans yet still casualties, the Meh Derby keeps its reputation in the face of all odds.

It’s official he’s away

CLUB STATEMENT: ALEX DYER

Kilmarnock Football Club can confirm the departure of Manager Alex Dyer by mutual consent following today’s 3-2 defeat to St Johnstone.

We are grateful to Alex for all he has achieved with the club since joining Killie in October 2017. However, recent results and performances have been disappointing and with 24 points from 25 Premiership matches, we believe this is the right time for a change.

Alex was part of the management team which secured back-to-back club record points totals in 2017/18 and 2018/19 and a return to European football at Rugby Park.

Billy Bowie said: “This was a tough decision for the club and not one which was made lightly. However in light of recent results and in the interest of preserving our Scottish Premiership status, we feel this is the correct time for a change.

“Alex is a great man who I have the utmost respect for and he will always be warmly welcomed back to Rugby Park.

“I want to thank Alex for his important contribution to some truly wonderful days here at Kilmarnock and I wish him every success in the future.”

The club will make no further comment at this time while the Board are fully focused on securing a replacement.”

Edited by killiedeza

6 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Our average home attendance is higher than yours and we're in league 1 😆

So you're not haha

No it’s not. It wasn’t even higher when you were in the premiership.  Even in  neutral venues, 97 at Hamden we had more than you and the semi at Fir Park. I’m not even going to bother posting any links.

Edited by NFL12

2 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

No it’s not. It wasn’t even higher when you were in the premiership.  Even in  neutral venues, 97 at Hamden we had more than you and the semi at Fir Park. I’m not even going bother posting any links to attendance because you sound as if you are about 12.

Haha someone's been triggered 🙃

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

First time since 1972 Saints have overcame a 2-0 deficit at half time in a top flight match. 

Killie what ya playing at 😂

So is today the first time since 1972 that Saints have come from 2-0 to win a game? This post and the one on Twitter both mention coming back to win from a 2-0 half time deficit, so has there been an occasion since where either.

1.Saints were 2-0 down and got 1 or more goals back in first half before coming back to win

2.Saints went 2-0 down in the second half and came back to win.

P.s If can anyone here remember a time Saints surrendered a 2-0 lead to loose 3-2

3 minutes ago, Thomas_sjfc said:

So is today the first time since 1972 that Saints have come from 2-0 to win a game?

Its just reminded me didn't actually beat Partick at Firhill in 2007.

2-0 down after 90 minutes yet bagged 2 goals in added time.

9 minutes ago, Thomas_sjfc said:

So is today the first time since 1972 that Saints have come from 2-0 to win a game? This post and the one on Twitter both mention coming back to win from a 2-0 half time deficit, so has there been an occasion since where either.

1.Saints were 2-0 down and got 1 or more goals back in first half before coming back to win

2.Saints went 2-0 down in the second half and came back to win.

P.s If can anyone here remember a time Saints surrendered a 2-0 lead to loose 3-2

2-0 down against Albion Rovers,with 20 minutes to go,won 5-2,Totten’s promotion season