The January Meh-ctacular- Killie v Saints - 30/1/21

Big half coming up for Calum Davidson.

Massive. Fair play to him for not massively changing things - unlike other games where he’s stuck with it despite on pitch evidence, we were good in the first half and creating chances. Soft as shite defending from the back 3 (who, tbh, I increasingly think are collectively less than the sum of their parts) main reason for us being 2 down imo.

Great second half. Melamed good on the ball and took his only chance, Murray Davidson had a good game, Wotherspoon constantly dangerous and always an out ball.

Extra words for; Tanser, beaten too easily for the first goal but was really dangerous and unpredictable going down the left for the full game. Off top of my head his cross in that led to the first goal? Think he sold more Killie players than Wotherspoon did, very impressive

And McCann, who is genuinely incredible in almost every way. Not much more to say - great strike!

Hope we kick on but even if we don’t that’s a big result to keep us looking reasonably safe for now.

Spoony looks out on his feet. 
No wonder.

Deserved three points. Better team throughout, although two dreadful bits of defending for the goals first half.

Finally get a bit of luck for the first goal and suddenly the game changes. That's the last 6 premiership goals Guy Melamed has been involved with btw. I enjoy watching this saints side much more when Wotherspoon and McCann can play a bit. The little spell playing one twos in the first half or that little flick Spoony played to Davidson at 3-2 up;absolute ballers.

What a second half by Saints, probably our best half of football in the league this season.

Never panicked, stuck to the task and created plenty of chances. And took them!  Defence looked far better in the second half as well.

Killie will surely be kicking themselves being so passive up until they fell 3-2 behind.

Our whole team played their part but thought our midfield dominated throughout.  Long gone are the days when Kilmarnock’s centre midfield give us the runaround.

Fair play to Tanser after his early mistake, came onto a game to contribute a lot going forward.

But how about Ali McCann?! Even before his goal I thought he was the stand out on the park. When you hear of some of the fees being offered by English clubs for Spfl players this window, you’ve got to wonder how much McCann is worth.  

1 minute ago, Zamora Fan said:

Hope we kick on but even if we don’t that’s a big result to keep us looking reasonably safe for now.

Aye, 7 clear of 11th and 21 goals better off.

Mentally this victory, and potentially even the manner of it, is massive for us and devastating for Kilmarnock.

Hopefully McCann's goal doesn't provoke any serious attention from clubs elsewhere cause he is worth so much to this team. Plastic daisy cutter! 

Melamed's football intelligence creating opportunities for him and those around him.

Table looks half decent for once!

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I managed to catch St Johnstone on bet365 last night at 6/5 ..... Don't let me down fermers 👍

PS.... I'm normally a jinxy b*****d !!

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

ffs fermers.... whit ye daein !!

Cheers fermers 👍

Us Killie fans have seen this movie to many times this season.....

Was a bit lost for words at half-time. Looks like some of the lads on here will be wishing they were too! 

I know with the way the season has gone, the first half would just seem so typical but you had to keep the belief we had a chance with the way the game had gone, even if Killie had finally looked reasonable after the second goal. 

Despite being two down and despite some not too clever defending, we deserved that. Liked the balance of the team and some really strong individual performances. I don't accept it was because they were rested on Wednesday but simply because they are good players, McCann and Wotherspoon so influential and should be in the team whenever possible.

Sadly (or maybe not if you are Killie-minded) for Alex Dyer, it's the sort of result that gets you the sack.