The January Meh-ctacular- Killie v Saints - 30/1/21

A game so meh it doesn’t even have its own thread <21 hours before kick off.

Any word on the Killie injury scenario? Seemed like they’re going to be stretched at the back this weekend?

As far as I’m concerned we need to be winning this game and we need to approach it the way we did the trip to Tannadice.

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Davidson/Craig Tanser

Melamed Kane Wotherspoon

Ideally we go back to a similar line up as Jamie's with Kane and Melamed up top and Craig sitting behind McCann and Wotherspoon. I'm absolutely certain that McCann and Wotherspoon will come back in having been rested. Hope we're a bit more positive with Killie's problems and having given some rest to those that needed it.

Can see Davidson sticking with the 5-2-3 away from home though and a completely out of the blue change like Brown starting for the first time.

Can see Davidson sticking with the 5-2-3 away from home though and a completely out of the blue change like Brown starting for the first time.

I reckon it will be this with McCann in for Bryson, Spoony for MOH and the change from the blue is Middleton in for Conway.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

Why the hate, Marly? :(

I understand it from Tam. After all, he's old and cantankerous desperately lashing out in a senile rage, but you seem like a studious and erudite young chap who would like to see the correct nomenclature being displayed in a thread title. :angel

Edit: A draw would be an ideal outcome here, as I feel a win for either will catapult them up into 7th.

Edited by Ric

24 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

How many players are Kilmarnock missing today??

15/4 for a Kilmarnock win, at home to a team without an away win since 17th October is quite a price.

Think their assistant said during the week that their 3 CBs (Dikamona, Broadfoot, Findlay) were all out. So guess folk have seen that, plus their form, and pumped money onto us?

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think their assistant said during the week that their 3 CBs (Dikamona, Broadfoot, Findlay) were all out. So guess folk have seen that, plus their form, and pumped money onto us?

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Broadfoot, Dikamona, Dicker, Mulumbu and Kiltie all missed the game in midweek and Findlay went off at HT. We then announced two positive covid tests yesterday, though I think that may have been Mulumbu and Kiltie.

Well that gives added hope. Not too proud to take 3 points off Kilmarnock’s under 17’s if it came to it given where we are in the table (it would still be 1-0 with a late goal mind).

Been here before where you get your hopes up and we fail to take advantage.

Will Davidson opt for the 2 strikers to cause problems and create chances, or will he want to go 5-2-3 to pressurise the stand ins and force mistakes?  I know which I’d prefer!