WWE Royal Rumble 2021

TheGoon

Royal Rumble comes our way this Sunday, and whilst it’s in pretty different circumstances, it’s still one of the highlights of the year. Card so far: 

176A1E7D-7305-4CBD-A973-DBE5E81EB684.jpeg.fee23e0274965de9852b7008eaeec484.jpeg47A44736-ADF3-4F1E-9B8B-E7FF3B63F1B3.jpeg.09199102adff47a7e9d76e902b6ebdeb.jpeg58058E9D-D1DC-4468-86A5-63B736417FF5.jpeg.bc62a3f3b67c4a5822cada2c3b06e845.jpegDB8229DD-7C8D-402C-A828-10BB3250EAF1.jpeg.4d6775eee57f78e975eeede5e008f308.jpeg

There’s a lot of (worrying) directions they could go in with both Rumble matches involving The Fiend, Alexa Bliss & Lana - but I could equally just see Esge, Bryan or Rhea Ripley coming out on top. 

Drew (surely) retains though I could see them maybe giving Owens a short reign like Orton a couple months ago just for some credibility - with Roman getting the belt back at Fastlane or something for Mania. 

A lot of intrigue, and you can still get decent odds on both Grant Holt & Conor McGregor on Sky Bet if that takes your fancy. 

If anyone fancies running a last minute pool fire in!

Guest bernardblack

They’re announcing #30 on WWE backstage, Saturday night.

Takes the fun out of it tbh.

Good for them for trolling that it’ll be Punk though

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Also opening up the "guy who isn't in the Rumble attacks number 30 and takes his place" option

Goldberg/Owens to win and Drew/Roman to then smash the supposed number 30 entrant and win the Rumble.

Doesn't feel like the Rumble event itself is filled with much star power this year. Edge & Orton the main 2 coming in with any semblance of main event momentum, but that points to another match between those 2 rather than a winner of the Rumble itself.

Go baws oot and have an absolute jobber win the Rumble for once and really play on the 'anything can happen' motto.

Guest bernardblack
Goldberg/Owens to win and Drew/Roman to then smash the supposed number 30 entrant and win the Rumble.
Doesn't feel like the Rumble event itself is filled with much star power this year. Edge & Orton the main 2 coming in with any semblance of main event momentum, but that points to another match between those 2 rather than a winner of the Rumble itself.
Go baws oot and have an absolute jobber win the Rumble for once and really play on the 'anything can happen' motto.

Jinder to win

Does anyone here bet on this? Stuck a quid on a few just to keep it interesting. Who will eliminate the most, Shortest time in, longest time etc

Jinder Mahal as a surprise last 4 competitor at 40/1 was worth a quid I thought.

Edge to go the longest at 20/1. I think they'll play to the old workhorse being in early and lasting to the last 4

Does anyone here bet on this? Stuck a quid on a few just to keep it interesting. Who will eliminate the most, Shortest time in, longest time etc
Jinder Mahal as a surprise last 4 competitor at 40/1 was worth a quid I thought.
Edge to go the longest at 20/1. I think they'll play to the old workhorse being in early and lasting to the last 4

I bet on Drew last year because I thought he was an absolute stick on, this year I have no idea!
Will have a look over the weekend and see what's what.

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

The bottom two are absolutely worth a few quid. 

18F652A5-1D01-4615-A955-58C82AAE81F2.jpeg

I've honestly no idea what they're planning.  There isn't really a clear winner, as if you think they're going to try and tell a story with the winner, there's so many ways they could go.

I would like the winner to be Bryan, and have him go up against Reigns.  I then want Reigns to go full-on heel and decimate him.  Bryan deserves a Rumble win before he properly leaves, so give him it here.  However, I don't think they'll do it, so I'm going to go with Big Brock.  Him winning opens up two different stories, either revenge against Drew, or a Paul-Heyman-on-a-Pole match with Reigns.  There's no way he misses out on a WM payday, and it's hard to imagine him just having a normal match.  

Women's match...probably the most potential for shenanigans.  I think Bliss will win it, but if not then give it to Bayley.  They might have shot their load and had the Banks/Bayley match too early, but they absolutely deserve to settle something in front of a crowd.  Only wild card is whether they bring anyone back.  Becky's surely not ready yet, but Rousey?  She'd be a shot in the arm.

5 hours ago, bernardblack said:

I saw that mentioned.  I can only assume that the 30 will not be anyone exciting.  If it is, then they've lost the plot.  It'll be some jobber like the Miz or something.  But even if it is, it's still a massive waste to give away one of the key moments of the Rumble.

Edited by forameus

7 hours ago, the snudge said:

I have won on the last 3 rumbles using sky bet’s request a bet :lol: 

Fancy these specials this year: 

Bryan Iron Man, Zayn Shortest Stay, Keith Lee Most Eliminations 50/1

Belair to win the women’s rumble, Bayley Iron Women, AJ Styles Iron Man 80/1

Bryan and Edge Final Four, Ripley and Flair Final Four 7/1

Styles/Ripley double is 74/1. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

This is not going to happen but I would love it to - number 30 in the men’s rumble is The Rock- he comes in clears house and wins. He immediately asks for the mic and says the following:

”Roman, you are not head of the table, you are not tribal chief - I AM - see you at Wrestlemania “ 

Mic Drop 

On 29/01/2021 at 12:20, Ludo*1 said:

lol just do a Sheamus 2011 or whenever he beat Bryan at Mania in 18 seconds.

33 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Orton has been announced as entrant 1 and Edge is 2. I really hope they aren't going to burden Edge with any Fiend bollocks.

Meanwhile Natalya beat Tamina for 30 in the women's match.

I can see Edge being the ironman tomorrow night