Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

Ragin that the highlights and interview are no longer free after being free for years, there has been a bit of pushback from others not happy at this too I see from the various social media channels and it seems it has been raised with the fans spokesman but the owner thinks it's a great idea so who knows what will happen.

And after just signing up there the footage is a bit choppy for me on my desktop firefox browser.

I've just signed up and intend to pay after February. The club are trying to run a full time team and given there is no matchday income currently I don't begrudge them trying to make money from the highlights and interviews. Any source of revenue has to be considered this year.

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Bar getting beat by a free kick from the halfway line and Scougalls header that was saved, what else has our goalie done? 

For all that Alloa looked decent in spells, I thought we were the better team for the majority of the game and certainly dont think it was a game we could have lost. 

In umpteen previous matches we have cave and conceded 2-3 goals in quick succession, Alloa had a couple of decent chances and had one gone in, who knows what would happen with this team.

I didn't say we deserved to lose, or draw, or we were lucky. What I am saying is that we were fairly open at the back, that has not been resolved, we gave away chances that could have cost us on another day like they have done previously. 

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

Yeah still doesn’t work. What a load of shit.

If the media is using features my browser doesn’t support then they are going to have issues. It’s an iPhone, the number one selling device in the world. 🤯

9D1E0FC4-544A-4A77-8EFC-EDA9AF63F087.png

Just signed up for the service and using iPhone 12 to try and view the content. I could at least watch the highlights but buffered all the time which was very frustrating. Gave up after trying to watch for 20 mins

16 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I've just signed up and intend to pay after February. The club are trying to run a full time team and given there is no matchday income currently I don't begrudge them trying to make money from the highlights and interviews. Any source of revenue has to be considered this year.

I have no issue with the club trying to make some extra money and putting a comprehensive interview and highlights package behind a paywall, provided it works consistently across multiple devices/browsers.

I do however think it is very short sited of the club to take this approach at the current time when remaining engaged with fans is vital for the club to survive.

1 minute ago, ecocme said:

Just signed up for the service and using iPhone 12 to try and view the content. I could at least watch the highlights but buffered all the time which was very frustrating. Gave up after trying to watch for 20 mins

I can watch the interviews without issue and can even watch the full game replay although this buffers frequently.

the highlights don’t work at all.

I've got no interest in possession stats but i want to see purpose in the way we play.

I thought the first half was very even, with us probably shading it. Early in the second half it was the same, with alloa looking very dangerous without creating clear-cut openings. There was a stramash in our box at one point and these are the things that could go one way or the other.

But we got control of the game and in the end ran out comfortable. It was a good performance but not great, and i think some folk fail to see how much of an impact goals can make to the rest of the game.

In that sense there's a lot of luck in football.

But we certainly did enough yesterday - just not as impressive as some on here are making out (imo).

Two other things from yesterday, not seen/mentioned elsewhere though I could have missed it.

1. The pitch seemed less bobbly than in previous games and that will always help the way this team likes to play.

2. Alloa got 4 bookings, we had none and not even one foul that would have merited a yellow imv. That's progress.

26 minutes ago, Iain said:

I liked the bit where the Alloa keeper lay on top of Wright so he couldn't go after a loose ball and no foul was awarded.

The first tackle from Graham was absolutely brilliant, looking at the highlights, so that wasn't  foul.  Parry flopping on Wright could have gone another way, but I'm hardly outraged about it.

I think the positive for me in the last two weeks has been that defensively we've been less panicked.  That's not to say water-tight, because Alloa still carved out some decent chances, but I didn't get the same feeling of impending self-destruction that's plagued many of our performances this season.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, but if we can get a few points out of a very tough run of games I'll feel quite confident about the rest of the season. 

13 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I think the positive for me in the last two weeks has been that defensively we've been less panicked.  That's not to say water-tight, because Alloa still carved out some decent chances, but I didn't get the same feeling of impending self-destruction that's plagued many of our performances this season.

Yeah, we were a bit ropey after Trouten's audacious goal. At least it felt that way for me watching. Other than that I felt we controlled the game pretty well. The goalie didn't really have a save to make other than a header.

The back line seems a lot better. Its a shame we don't have two Muirheads, he's been the best at right back this season. That's not a complaint about Miller btw I just think Muirhead has performed best in there.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

In umpteen previous matches we have cave and conceded 2-3 goals in quick succession, Alloa had a couple of decent chances and had one gone in, who knows what would happen with this team.

I didn't say we deserved to lose, or draw, or we were lucky. What I am saying is that we were fairly open at the back, that has not been resolved, we gave away chances that could have cost us on another day like they have done previously. 

I get what you're saying but what else out of the ordinary has our goalie had to do? If he was pulling off save after save to keep us in the game then yes, I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

At any level of the game the opposition will usually have openings. I think what most on here would say is that yesterday was encouraging and a step in the right direction. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ayr United fans: We want to push for the league

Ayr United: ok can you buy a season ticket 

Ayr United fans: Fs 200 quid no way until we sign players 

Ayr United: can you pay game by game?

Ayr United fans: Fs 12.50 to watch Ayr on a laptop!!!!!!!

Ayr United: What about the AU500 fund?

Ayr United fans: What do I get out it? When we signing players? 

Ayr United: what about a highlights and player news and interview package for only 6 quid a month

Ayr fans: FS FS FS FS no made of money but sign players!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Ayr United fans: We want to push for the league

Ayr United: ok can you buy a season ticket 

Ayr United fans: Fs 200 quid no way until we sign players 

Ayr United: can you pay game by game?

Ayr United fans: Fs 12.50 to watch Ayr on a laptop!!!!!!!

Ayr United: What about the AU500 fund?

Ayr United fans: What do I get out it? When we signing players? 

Ayr United: what about a highlights and player news and interview package for only 6 quid a month

Ayr fans: FS FS FS FS no made of money but sign players!!!!!!!

Except everyone on here who’s complaining about everything being put behind a paywall will be giving the club money through at least one of the methods above.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Except everyone on here who’s complaining about everything being put behind a paywall will be giving the club money through at least one of the methods above.

If we want to be competing with the likes of Dundee/Dunfermline etc we need to be getting these sort of things up and running. The AU 500 scheme we probably have around 300 odd at max, Dunfermline have a few thousand. 6 quid a month isn’t breaking the bank, it’s not ideal, but a few hindered folk signed up a month is a decent players months wages. 

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If we want to be competing with the likes of Dundee/Dunfermline etc we need to be getting these sort of things up and running. The AU 500 scheme we probably have around 300 odd at max, Dunfermline have a few thousand. 6 quid a month isn’t breaking the bank, it’s not ideal, but a few hindered folk signed up a month is a decent players months wages. 

Ultimately, we need more fans through the gate, this season excepted. There's only so much revenue you can extract from a 1500/2000 core.

Personally, I think its a strange gambit as I'm not convinced it will bring in more than the opportunity lost if we don't produce a lesser product for free (like brief highlights or manager interview) that engages lapsed fans and locals.

Finally, whether something breaks the bank or not is totally relative. £6 a month may not break your bank or mine but it won't be an option for some people. 

I can’t be arsed doing the research, but I dare say a nominal monthly fee for extra content is not uncommon in this division.

I’ll gladly contribute £6 a month to the club and if I’m the only one, the club will be £72 better off each year. In the same way, when the Hub is operational, I’ll be spending all my beer money in there rather than the bowling club & the Wallace, pre & post match.

These are only two revenue streams that will be vital for the sustainability of the club going forward, of which a few of our rivals, who we’re expected to compete with, already have in place. My season ticket doesn’t represent great value this season but it’s essential that as many of us that were able to tried to boost the coffers. I don’t contribute to the AU500 but that’s a magnificent effort from all involved. I don’t play the Ayr United lotto but that works for the club too.

We all have a vested interest in the well being of Ayr United and it’s up to us individually to judge what type of commitment we’re happy to make. It’s a collective, it’s a community club and it needs as much help as it can get to make it as successful as we all want it to be.

That all said, I totally understand that some people will be loathe to spend their £6 a month on content they currently get for free, that’s okay. I just don’t buy into the “disconnect with the fans” argument. Supporting Ayr United isn’t an optional extra, it’s through thick & thin.