Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Now don't get me wrong, I quite like Ayr and I've always thought they've been hospitable and welcoming:

But with that caveat out the way forbidding away teams to film because of some spurious reasoning with regard to COVID and promising you'll supply footage is poor form when it looks like this.

At least have the balls to proclaim you're monopolising the high quality footage so noone watches anything from visiting teams.

vlcsnap-2021-01-30-20h59m52s376.thumb.png.a8a9c00351e36ecce20a7bb7e9986e7e.png

This is a still from the flight of Alan Trouten's majestic effort today. The bitrate of the video is about 1/4 the quality of the pixellot proxy.

Which itself is a poor copy of the local recording that the system actually does.

You won’t need to worry about any of this in league 1 next season.

How does it work for highlights these days - been a while since I've actually wanted to see any.  I take it the days of stuff going on YouTube after midnight are long gone, and it's on the pay per view thing Sunday or Monday now?    Sure I read someone on here saying there might still be goal highlights available for free or something.  

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

How does it work for highlights these days - been a while since I've actually wanted to see any.  I take it the days of stuff going on YouTube after midnight are long gone, and it's on the pay per view thing Sunday or Monday now?    Sure I read someone on here saying there might still be goal highlights available for free or something.  

@wuffster will know the answer to this

I just registered for Black & White TV to listen to the interviews and watch the highlights.

Safe to say I won’t be parting with my cash once this becomes a proper subscription service. 

All of the videos are laggy and buffer continuously. The server is clearly not capable of handling the data.

Bring back YouTube.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

image.png.b186978617608148e1ba6fcdbb59ec0b.png

We aren't really a possession based team though, we always want to get the ball forward.  If we have the majority of possession in a match the score will be low and I'd presume we lose the game.  

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

on another day we could have lost that

Bar getting beat by a free kick from the halfway line and Scougalls header that was saved, what else has our goalie done? 

For all that Alloa looked decent in spells, I thought we were the better team for the majority of the game and certainly dont think it was a game we could have lost. 

I get not wanting to go overboard after one result but the eye test will tell you that yesterday was a huge step in the right direction for us, nothing more, nothing less. Let's enjoy it while we can. 

Bigger tests await in the next three games and they'll give us more of an idea as to how our season will likely play out. 

I'm more enthusiastic about those games with Ndaba and Wright in the team than if they weren't. 

For all his cameo was brief yesterday, McKenzie didn't come in and look like a boy lost. Encouraging if he can keep getting minutes and give him his chance. Hopefully watching Andre in matches and in training will let him see first hand the attributes needed to take his game to the next level. 

At times yesterday it sounded like Callum was calling our new striker Drey Wright. Maybe just me hearing things. 

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

image.png.b186978617608148e1ba6fcdbb59ec0b.png

Because of the way Alloa play we regularly have higher possession, whatever the result. This season we have also struggled to take chances and leaked goals when not generally under pressure, so the stats have also often showed more shots and corners etc even when we lose. 

We lost this game 4-1 too:

Screenshot_20210131_084059.thumb.jpg.c99f180d5b0eeae7720a1ffd58283615.jpg

And this one 5-2:

Screenshot_20210131_084043.thumb.jpg.bfc7e68dec3e4c783acaad3020ac87c2.jpg

As another poster pointed out, the only stat that ultimately matters is the final score. And 13-4 against us in these three matches is pretty conclusive. 

Edited by Waspie

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

4 points out of 9 would be a positive outcome, anything more a bonus, anything less and we will be needing snookers to make the play-offs. 

Dundee , Dunfermline and ICT fans all saying the same , this top 4 is going to go all the way , 

6 hours ago, Hazbart said:

I just registered for Black & White TV to listen to the interviews and watch the highlights.

Safe to say I won’t be parting with my cash once this becomes a proper subscription service. 

All of the videos are laggy and buffer continuously. The server is clearly not capable of handling the data.

Bring back YouTube.

Could be whatever device you're watching them on. Works fine for me.

4 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Could be whatever device you're watching them on. Works fine for me.

Just on iPhone. Should be no reason why it doesn’t work at my end.

Will try again later, if it works then it was definitely a sever issue.

5 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Yeah still doesn’t work. What a load of shit.

If the media is using features my browser doesn’t support then they are going to have issues. It’s an iPhone, the number one selling device in the world. 🤯

9D1E0FC4-544A-4A77-8EFC-EDA9AF63F087.png

Apple phones may be the number 1 selling phone in the world, however Samsung outsells Apple in Europe.  

I've had no problems on my Google phone, Xaomi phone, Huawei tablet or laptop watching the content.  I also know people with iPhones who watch the highlights using it so I am confused as to your issues with it.  

I see the free period has been extended through February rather than ending today.