Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

The co-commentator, sorry I don't know her name, keeps getting better as the weeks go on, knows her stuff and calls it as it is. I don't know anything about her but she could have a real future in sports journalism. Really talented. 
You listen to some of the jobbers they wheel out on Radio Scotland from week to week and she'd do a much better job. 
The ppv service, generally, has been very good. Albeit today's match stats, that they showed at full time, had possession at 46% - 53%. [emoji85]
Yeah I really rate her as well, very balanced and knows her stuff. Actual tactical insight rather than the hyperbolic shite that gets spouted by the likes of Redknapp.

8 minutes ago, super_carson said:
49 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:
The co-commentator, sorry I don't know her name, keeps getting better as the weeks go on, knows her stuff and calls it as it is. I don't know anything about her but she could have a real future in sports journalism. Really talented. 
You listen to some of the jobbers they wheel out on Radio Scotland from week to week and she'd do a much better job. 
The ppv service, generally, has been very good. Albeit today's match stats, that they showed at full time, had possession at 46% - 53%. emoji85.png

Yeah I really rate her as well, very balanced and knows her stuff. Actual tactical insight rather than the hyperbolic shite that gets spouted by the likes of Redknapp.

They're also very fair and commentate from an almost neutral perspective, not to mention that they research the opposition very well which is more than can be said for many.

Good result, performance was ok, mostly on the front foot. 

If you look at the match stats, Alloa has the same amount of shots on target as Ayr but I wouldn't say the result was purely a case of us taking our chances and they didn't. We were as open at the back as we ever have been and Alloa attacks were coming through the midfield while we didn't have much created via midfield. McCowan proved he is our most valuable asset once again. Two different types of goals. Hopefully he'll sign an extension shortly rather than moving on in the next 48 hours.  

Muirhead was probably my man of the match and played like he didn't want to lose. Walsh did ok, Wright put himself about and won plenty of the ball, I think his presence pulled 2 centre halfs away at McCowans goal. I wouldn't say he looked dangerous today but he did look useful. 

Zanatta annoyed me even when he came on at 4-1, killed almost every move he was involved in. 

Happy with the result, ambivalent to the overall performance but one positive other than the result is 5-6 players with pass marks and its been a while since we have been able to say that.  

Now don't get me wrong, I quite like Ayr and I've always thought they've been hospitable and welcoming:

But with that caveat out the way forbidding away teams to film because of some spurious reasoning with regard to COVID and promising you'll supply footage is poor form when it looks like this.

At least have the balls to proclaim you're monopolising the high quality footage so noone watches anything from visiting teams.

vlcsnap-2021-01-30-20h59m52s376.thumb.png.a8a9c00351e36ecce20a7bb7e9986e7e.png

This is a still from the flight of Alan Trouten's majestic effort today. The bitrate of the video is about 1/4 the quality of the pixellot proxy.

Which itself is a poor copy of the local recording that the system actually does.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

If you look at the match stats, Alloa has the same amount of shots on target as Ayr but I wouldn't say the result was purely a case of us taking our chances and they didn't. We were as open at the back as we ever have been and Alloa attacks were coming through the midfield while we didn't have much created via midfield. McCowan proved he is our most valuable asset once again. Two different types of goals. Hopefully he'll sign an extension shortly rather than moving on in the next 48 hours.  

Muirhead was probably my man of the match and played like he didn't want to lose. Walsh did ok, Wright put himself about and won plenty of the ball, I think his presence pulled 2 centre halfs away at McCowans goal. I wouldn't say he looked dangerous today but he did look useful. 

Zanatta annoyed me even when he came on at 4-1, killed almost every move he was involved in. 

Happy with the result, ambivalent to the overall performance but one positive other than the result is 5-6 players with pass marks and its been a while since we have been able to say that.  

Jeez, I thought I was a hard man to please. I thought Walsh was quite fantastic today. Two assists and a goal so we really can’t grumble at that. Also I thought Zanatta looked really lively when he came on and looked like he had a point to prove. Was willing him to score. 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Jeez, I thought I was a hard man to please. I thought Walsh was quite fantastic today. Two assists and a goal so we really can’t grumble at that. Also I thought Zanatta looked really lively when he came on and looked like he had a point to prove. Was willing him to score. 

Agree with part 1 but not part 2. Zanatta is so frustrating to watch. 🙈

5/6 pass marks in a 4-1 win?!!!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I quite like Ayr and I've always thought they've been hospitable and welcoming:
But with that caveat out the way forbidding away teams to film because of some spurious reasoning with regard to COVID and promising you'll supply footage is poor form when it looks like this.
At least have the balls to proclaim you're monopolising the high quality footage so noone watches anything from visiting teams.
vlcsnap-2021-01-30-20h59m52s376.thumb.png.a8a9c00351e36ecce20a7bb7e9986e7e.png
This is a still from the flight of Alan Trouten's majestic effort today. The bitrate of the video is about 1/4 the quality of the pixellot proxy.
Which itself is a poor copy of the local recording that the system actually does.
Probably standard practice now for away teams with our pay TV subscription up and running. Surprised you got any footage at all.

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yup.  I'm probably Zanatta's biggest critic but what else can you have expected from him today?  Came on and looked sharp, direct and got involved which gave us an extra wee spark just to help see the game out. 

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

5/6 pass marks in a 4-1 win?!!!!!

Alloa had more possession, more corners, the same amount of shots on target, on another day we could have lost that. We scored 4 goals while still looking disjointed going forward, the midfield didn't offer any protection for the back four. 

Alloa were a bit of a shambles at the back and Parry looked slow to react to a couple of the goals. 

The keeper looked dodgy on a couple of occasions

Miller had a better game than previously, but a couple of shaky moments

Ndaba looked good going forward, got caught out of position a couple of times, but didn't cost us

Muirhead was the leader we have missed

Baird, the weak link in the back 4 today

Chalmers and Murdoch, were better but chased shadows out of possession

Walsh was involved more, did the easy things well

Smith, quieter than previous games but still put himself about

McCowan, 1st goal, made space for himself, Parry's position was wrong and McCowan put it away well, second, a strikers finish

Wright, got involved, won his headers, took Andy Graham for a walk a couple of times and created a bit of space

Alloa's midfield had the better of the two but they had nothing up front and defensively they were a bit ropey, they created a decent amount of chances against us, more than we gave Dunfermline. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a good result but I am not being over critical, we haven't turned a corner but after today it looks like we might be about to hopefully. 

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Alloa had more possession, more corners, the same amount of shots on target, on another day we could have lost that. We scored 4 goals while still looking disjointed going forward, the midfield didn't offer any protection for the back four. 

Alloa were a bit of a shambles at the back and Parry looked slow to react to a couple of the goals. 

Ndaba looked good going forward, got caught out of position a couple of times, but didn't cost us

McCowan, 1st goal, made space for himself, Parry's position was wrong and McCowan put it away well, second, a strikers finish

Wright, got involved, won his headers, took Andy Graham for a walk a couple of times and created a bit of space

Alloa's midfield had the better of the two but they had nothing up front and defensively they were a bit ropey, they created a decent amount of chances against us, more than we gave Dunfermline. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a good result but I am not being over critical, we haven't turned a corner but after today it looks like we might be about to hopefully. 

Maybe I'm too easily pleased but that reads like you are desperately looking for negatives.  At this level possession generally means absolutely nothing for staters. 

Technically yes on another day we might indeed have lost, but considering we scored 4 good goals and missed 2 or 3 pretty good chances then it would have been pretty unlucky if we had.  Re: Miller and Ndaba  If you are watching an Ayr team and looking for the full backs to offer an attacking threat (one won a penalty and the other missed a one on one) yet not get caught out of position or have a shaky moment then I'm sorry, that's never happening at this level.  

And blaming the opposing keeper for the goals when the only actual howler from a keeper causing a goal was by Sinisalo is just....bizarre. 

48 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Incredibly harsh, other than a spell after Alloa scored we were the better side.

On another day we could have lost,  that is just blatant nonsense. Every team is going to create chances against us when we play with four attacking players on the pitch, but I wouldn’t say Alloa had a huge amount of clear count ones whatsoever. 

Murdoch and Chalmers haven’t clicked but there’s no way I’m having the Alloa midfield got the better of ours when we won by four goals to one. 

14 minutes ago, Hursty said:

desperately looking for negatives. 

I think you are doing this with my post

19 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Re: Miller and Ndaba

53 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Miller had a better game

19 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Ndaba looked good going forward, got caught out of position a couple of times

20 minutes ago, Hursty said:

nd blaming the opposing keeper for the goals when the only actual howler from a keeper causing a goal was by Sinisalo is just....bizarre. 

20 minutes ago, Hursty said:

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Incredibly harsh, other than a spell after Alloa scored we were the better side.

On another day we could have lost,  that is just blatant nonsense. Every team is going to create chances against us when we play with four attacking players on the pitch, but I wouldn’t say Alloa had a huge amount of clear count ones whatsoever. 

Murdoch and Chalmers haven’t clicked but there’s no way I’m having the Alloa midfield got the better of ours when we won by four goals to one. 

image.png.b186978617608148e1ba6fcdbb59ec0b.png

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

image.png.b186978617608148e1ba6fcdbb59ec0b.png

The only stat that most football fans are interested in is the number of goals scored and conceded , 4-1 shows no matter about possession, shots on goal , corners we had the most important stat today , take the positive result and move on to next game 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The only stat that most football fans are interested in is the number of goals scored and conceded , 4-1 shows no matter about possession, shots on goal , corners we had the most important stat today , take the positive result and move on to next game 

It's what I did do

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

It's what I did do

Not having a go at you , too many people are driven by stats and think they are the most important part of the game , English Premiership manager tonight saying the stats on the game showed they were the better team but unfortunately they lost the game on goals scored 

40 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye it's the "on another day we could have lost" that annoyed me.  Can say that about almost every single game. "We won 4-1, but if we hadnt taken our 4 chances and still missed the other chances we didn't score and if the other team had taken every chance they made then we would have got beat".    Bizarre way of thinking.    Thought we were well on top in midfield too - thats the QoS , Dunfermline and Alloa games I've watched and other than Murdoch not emptying the QoS lad for their goal at new year i think they are doing fine. 

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not having a go at you , too many people are driven by stats and think they are the most important part of the game , English Premiership manager tonight saying the stats on the game showed they were the better team but unfortunately they lost the game on goals scored 

We won and took our chances, Alloa had the same chances and didn't, thats football. I thought there were more players interested and put in a shift than normal. With the surrenders we have suffered and only three league wins until today, I don't think it is controversial to say that 5-6 players looking engaged and wanting to win is an improvement on previous weeks. 

Had Alloa taken one or maybe two of their chances in the second half, we may have seen a very different outcome based on the results we have had this season. They didn't and we won 4-1. People are getting carried away with new signings and a 4-1 win, I am showing cautions optimism but I am being seen as negative. 

We play a Hearts side next week that like Neilson's Dundee United, are partial to the odd humbling, then back to playing basketcase teams like Dundee and Raith that seem to switch from triumph to disaster from week to week. 4 points out of 9 would be a positive outcome, anything more a bonus, anything less and we will be needing snookers to make the play-offs.