Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

Great performance today. Walsh a standout, we really needed that win. Also reinforces the home form - still unbeaten. 

Wright looks like he'll make a good contribution and Ndaba was great, I particularly enjoyed the maisy run and shot.

That was a much better second half, especially when Moffat came on. First win in 6 league games, funnily enough was against Alloa.
Pushes away from any relegation threat but still not enough for getting top 4 imo
We can look up now with a wee bit more hope. No-one except hearts is out of our reach.

We need to build on this now, but unfortunately a tough run awaits us.

Couldn't have asked for much more today.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We can look up now with a wee bit more hope. No-one except hearts is out of our reach.

We need to build on this now, but unfortunately a tough run awaits us.

Couldn't have asked for much more today.

Yeah a tough run awaits. The next 3 games will show where we are conclusively  

Much better, the front 4 and even the full backs looking really dangerous.

The midfield two still concern me though. They get ran past very easily and every counter attack breaks down when Chalmers gets the ball.

All in all though much better than this time last month.

43 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Where's this team been rest of the season?

Walsh has been injured, we’ve signed 2 players who look an immediate improvement on what we had before and Muirhead has finally been moved to centre back.  Feels like 4 new players in total somehow.  Alloa are pretty poor right enough, so the next wee run of games will tell us where we really are.

Similar to a number of games this season from an Alloa point of view. We played some nice stuff and competed well throughout. I felt as we approached the hour that we certainly didn't deserve to be behind. A few minutes later it was 4-1. But no complaints either, because for all we knocked it about well we don't have a cutting edge to take advantage of it, and all too often we concede when the opposition aren't putting us under real pressure. That was the case for the first three goals today, albeit they were well taken / setup. Clinical from Ayr, as you'd expect from a side with a number of good creative players. 

Really enjoyed the match coverage. Steady stream and a well informed and fair commentary team. 

Thought we were very good at times if not totally convincing overall. But I'm very happy with the result given the number of changes in the team and the question mark over some of the new players. What's obvious - and a few have made the point on here many times - is the Muirhead/Baird partnership is far more secure than what we had before. Miller has done okay at full back without being great and Ndaba looks like an excellent signing - big, strong and takes no prisoners. I s-o-o-o wanted him to score today with that burst forward he made - great effort though. Something to build on and I'll even give the keeper forgiveness for getting caught out for their goal - all part of the learning curve, kiddo.  Onwards.     

Edited by Jazzar

Firstly good result much needed, at 2-1 it could have gone either way Trouten there best player why were we never able to get the best of a very intelligent player is a mystery.

Too  early to say about Wright, thought boy Cameron done well for them,  Ndabba  had a very good  Second half and looks solid.

Keeper dreaming for there goal but hail Trouten for the skill, he went on to do quite well in the game but better then Doohan no chance shame to see the boy festering at Parkhead as I think he’s better then Hazzard.

Big test next three which will really let us see what we’ve got, I’d take three draws right now.

Take a bow Mark Kerr , two superb signings , great result and good performances from most of of the team , except of course Corrie , Luke and Tom Walsh , who were all a class apart . With Walsh being my Mom , two footed direct wingers are a full backs worst nightmare . The boy has been wasted at Inverness . His early ball into the box killed Alloa today , what a player . 

The longer that 11 can play together the higher we will climb . Tougher challenges lie ahead , we’ll see how that goes . But tonight Mark Kerr will sleep well . He’s been through hell digging this team out of the hole they were in . Good on you Mark , never out the fight ....

dunno if you get to experience it on the stream but big Aero very loud and great organising today, only times it went wrong was when Baird didn't listen and did the opposite of what he said.  What a penalty from the boy too, smashed it. 

The biggest difference for me today was the balance in the team and Wright gave us a focal point to actually play off which also made a big difference. I'm pretty sure once he's match fit that he'll be an excellent acquisition.

Ndaba also looks to be an excellent signing, he's strong, assured, reads the game well and looks like having a bit of football about him as well, however the stand outs for me today were McCowan and Walsh, both just have that touch of class which can make all the difference at this level.

As for Alloa, I thought they played ok and Scougall was a menace in the first half, Cameron put in a right good shift and both Cawley and Trouten always looked dangerous when on the ball, although the standout Alloa player for me was probably Liam Dick.

Anyway, a good day for us at last and hopefully we can kick on, as for Alloa, they try and play the game properly so hope they can notch a few results and stay up.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

a well informed and fair commentary team

The co-commentator, sorry I don't know her name, keeps getting better as the weeks go on, knows her stuff and calls it as it is. I don't know anything about her but she could have a real future in sports journalism. Really talented. 

You listen to some of the jobbers they wheel out on Radio Scotland from week to week and she'd do a much better job. 

The ppv service, generally, has been very good. Albeit today's match stats, that they showed at full time, had possession at 46% - 53%. 🙈

Edited by BukyOHare

The co-commentator, sorry I don't know her name, keeps getting better as the weeks go on, knows her stuff and calls it as it is. I don't know anything about her but she could have a real future in sports journalism. Really talented. 
You listen to some of the jobbers they wheel out on Radio Scotland from week to week and she'd do a much better job. 
The ppv service, generally, has been very good. Albeit today's match stats, that they showed at full time, had possession at 46% - 53%. [emoji85]
BBC had similar, assume that's where they got them