Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

I ended up watching the Ayr game last week since ours was off. They knocked it about well and Dunfermline didn’t give them much trouble, if anything Ayr were just missing somebody up top (a ridiculous thing to say when they started Zanatta and had Moffat on the bench). Then they go and sign Wright from Bohemians through the week, who by chance i’ve seen play 4 or 5 times and is a cracking player. Doesn’t bode particularly well.

Hopefully Dick and Trouten are back for Saturday, not sure about Taggart? But he’d be a massive boost as well if fit. Visions of Cameron scoring and then shhhhing the empty terrace.

Cautiously confident for this one.  Would be happy with same team again except Wright in for Zanatta. 

Agree

I think the way we lined up on Saturday had all our best attacking players in and kept our defence pretty tight. Putting in an out and out striker in there should make a difference going forward.

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Agree

I think the way we lined up on Saturday had all our best attacking players in and kept our defence pretty tight. Putting in an out and out striker in there should make a difference going forward.

Aye.  I'm not saying we WILL beat Alloa, but if that lineup which looks to have  4 fairly solid defenders, 2 holding mids then 4 attackers now with a central focal point can't do so, then we might as well accept we are in big trouble.  

6 hours ago, Barneyw said:

I ended up watching the Ayr game last week since ours was off. They knocked it about well and Dunfermline didn’t give them much trouble, if anything Ayr were just missing somebody up top (a ridiculous thing to say when they started Zanatta and had Moffat on the bench). Then they go and sign Wright from Bohemians through the week, who by chance i’ve seen play 4 or 5 times and is a cracking player. Doesn’t bode particularly well.

Hopefully Dick and Trouten are back for Saturday, not sure about Taggart? But he’d be a massive boost as well if fit. Visions of Cameron scoring and then shhhhing the empty terrace.

8 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The only thing that could top my excitement for a trip to Somerset is a trip to Somerset on a weekday night.

If you read our own fans comments then you should have nothing to worry about, the general lines are that our Manager isn't up to it, the assistant just plays football manager on his laptop, our defence are hopeless, our midfield are non existent, our strikers are all shot shy diddies or crocks and we're heading for league 1 at a rapid rate. 

It's actually very refreshing to get some honest and decent objectivity from our opposition and rival fans.

Hopefully we can both put on a decent entertaining spectacle on Saturday.

Just to add, our doom and gloom merchants aren't here (yet), more so on our own club thread.

Edited by WATTOO

Looking forward to this one. I was a lot more encourager by our overall performance on Saturday despite offering very little in attack. Hopefully Andre Wright is match fit and able to be thrown right in. A win here would put us nine points clear of Alloa and help ease the talk of relegation however a defeat and were in the mud. 

Teamwise I’d go with the same team that played against Dunfermline with Wright coming in for Zanatta 

Sinisalo 

Miller Baird Muirhead Ndaba

Chalmers Murdoch 

McCowan Smith Walsh

Wright 

Subs- Hare-Reid, Houston, Reading, Roscoe, Zanatta, Moffat, McKenzie 

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is this the last we see of him?

Houston has only just turned 21, so that would be ridiculous. 

Incidentally, McKenzie is only a few months younger which really shows the difference in terms of how far ahead Houston is in terms of his development. 

44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Houston has only just turned 21, so that would be ridiculous. 

Incidentally, McKenzie is only a few months younger which really shows the difference in terms of how far ahead Houston is in terms of his development. 

I was meaning in an Ayr shirt! It’s clear Kerr isn’t that keen and would rather have a makeshift right back instead of houston

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I was meaning in an Ayr shirt! It’s clear Kerr isn’t that keen and would rather have a makeshift right back instead of houston

That’s what I mean....

Getting rid of a 21 year old, who has played a decent amount of first team games for his age would be ridiculous! More than able to play at this level and should improve. 

This really is a must win today or the season could really nose dive from here with the next few fixtures being really tough. Agree the only change from last week would be Wright for Zanatta. Time for Walsh to stand up and show what he’s worth as well. 

Fairly confident about this one.  Keep it tight like we did last week and with the introduction of Wright I hope we now have more of an all round attacking threat now.  Really need to get back on track because so far this season it’s been pretty underwhelming to say the least.  Confident we can turn it around though, the quality is there.  

2-0 Ayr, Smith and McCowan to score.  

Mon Ayr!