Celtic v super saints 30/01/21

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Sevco consistency this season has been up there with Rodgers first season it's took 3 years for Slippy G to get it right yet Lennon doesn't even get a year when things go tits up.

Slippy's position did not seem that secure after their post break self destruction last season

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You could say that and what it would do is highlight a weak and losers mentality where you deem not loosing to be good enough.

Those past 13 games where we have only lost only twice let me flip that again to the stat that really matters is that we have only won 5 of those 13 league games.

A winning percentage of just 38%.

That’s what you are defending here, a manager currently capable of winning 38% of his league matches. 

When Mark "it's only 3 points" McGhee was our manager, we'd have given our right arms for a win % like that.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Sevco consistency this season has been up there with Rodgers first season it's took 3 years for Slippy G to get it right yet Lennon doesn't even get a year when things go tits up.

He didn't take over a well oiled trophy winning team/club/company.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

7 if you count a trophy FFS.

Last seasons trophy. 

Try deflect or spin it in whatever way you want. It’s the league that matters and his win % since November is less than 50%.

Let that sink in under 50% for a club with the biggest budget in the league by a country mile.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It would have been the easy option to get rid of Gerrard and start anew but giving him time to build and work with players looks like it's going to pay off this season. 

It's always funny seeing the celtic fan pages on facebook. Some are loyal to the core about Lennon.

This was always going to happen when Lennon got the job, i was astounded that Celtic and their fans were stupid enough to accept mediocracy. The way they are run as a club remind me some retired bloke i know with well over a million £ in the bank and won't spend it.  Rocking up on the golf course with his 2005 merc and 30 year old golf club set that's falling to bits "they do the job" he says. My question is, what are you saving for???

Decisions like letting Craig Gordon go and keeping players like Scott Bain? Got what they deserved.

Edited by red23

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Last seasons trophy. 

Try deflect or spin it in whatever way you want. It’s the league that matters and his win % since November is less than 50%.

Let that sink in under 50% for a club with the biggest budget in the league by a country mile.

Yes again spinning the stats to set your agenda against Lennon there is European games in that plus using the budget mince in a pandemic.
I can accept players been injured but key players catching the virus has hampered Celtic's ability to win games like most teams in the league.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

It would have been the easy option to get rid of Gerrard and start anew but giving him time to build and work with players looks like it's going to pay off this season. 

I wanted Slippy G to go back down the road with his tail between his legs but fair fecks to him for me hes won the league Celtic haven't lost it.

1 hour ago, red23 said:

It's always funny seeing the celtic fan pages on facebook. Some are loyal to the core about Lennon.

This was always going to happen when Lennon got the job, i was astounded that Celtic and their fans were stupid enough to accept mediocracy. The way they are run as a club remind me some retired bloke i know with well over a million £ in the bank and won't spend it.  Rocking up on the golf course with his 2005 merc and 30 year old golf club set that's falling to bits "they do the job" he says. My question is, what are you saving for???

A pandemic ####ing up their revenue stream ?

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes again spinning the stats to set your agenda against Lennon there is European games in that plus using the budget mince in a pandemic.
I can accept players been injured but key players catching the virus has hampered Celtic's ability to win games like most teams in the league.

No I didn’t include any European or cup games just the league.

We have played 14 league matches since the 1st Old firm game, we have won 6 of those, just 6 so that’s just 42% of league matches won since mid October we can stretch to 15 games and include the Rangers game also and make it a nice round 40% if you prefer?

That’s almost Lou Macari level that’s how bad that is and shows how far away you are from having your finger on the pulse.

But aye it’s COVID fault and you continuing to make excuses for him is taking fuddery to another level

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Gerrard didn’t take over a team in complete dominance of the Scottish game, it’s a nonsensical comparison to make. Was Gerrard only ever winning 40% of games though?

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No I didn’t include any European or cup games just the league.

We have played 14 league matches since the 1st Old firm game, we have won 6 of those, just 6 so that’s just 42% of matches won since mid October.

That’s almost Lou Macari level that’s how bad that is and shows how far away you are from having your finger on the pulse.

But aye it’s COVID fault 🤣

Again, why are you taking a part of the league season, we have lost 3 games in 24 that consistency isn't good enough.
Again manipulating the stats to suit your agenda because before the first Glasgow derby Celtic didn't lose a game in the league.
The problems started to happen after the international break and with the transfer window closing.

Decisions like letting Craig Gordon go and keeping players like Scott Bain? Got what they deserved.

A lot of fans, especially younger non da types weren’t happy with it. He was fine for interim but his first spell and other jobs proved he was a bad appointment.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Again, why are you taking a part of the league season, we have lost 3 games in 24 that consistency isn't good enough.
Again manipulating the stats to suit your agenda because before the first Glasgow derby Celtic didn't lose a game in the league.
The problems started to happen after the international break and with the transfer window closing.

Again you are wrong. The problems were evident after Ferencvaros in August and I told you then how this season would go and you come out with the usual shite that Celtic managers don’t lose their jobs because of European defeats.

Maybe if they did lose their job for Europeans performances then Celtic may still be in a title race. Instead some fans like you and the board stood by him and allowed this shit show to continue.

My agenda is simple, I want my team to have someone in charge with the ability to coach and develop our players and carry himself in the manner that befits a Celtic manager and I would also like a manager in charge with the ability to mount a title challenge that extends past Xmas. Not too much to ask is it?