Celtic v super saints 30/01/21

FT 1-2

Boom. What a result, what a team. Don’t really know what to say about this side anymore.
We go into this week in patchy form. We have Dundee United away - a ground where we have an awful record and haven’t won at in eight years and Celtic away, a ground we haven’t won at in 31 years. I was thinking one point from those two games wouldn’t be a bad return.
We go up to Tannadice and wallop United 5-1 and then we go to Parkhead and beat Celtic aswell. I mean, what can you say about that?
It was another tactical masterclass from Jim. Team selection was spot on - reading the replies to the team news on social media is a good laugh. The wing back system was surprising but Celtic couldn’t deal with it. He got the subs spot on too. Bringing Obika on for MacPherson when we were getting pinned back was a bold, bold move. It worked fantastically. Jon’s physicality got us up the pitch and relieved the pressure on the back four.
Player wise they were all fantastic again. Top performers for me were Shaughnessy at the back. A right captains performance, lost count of the amount of times he got in blocks and headers. Superb.
Ethan Erhahon in midfield. How is this kid only 19? Fantastic again. He’ll play for Scotland one day. If there a better Scottish teenager playing in this league I haven’t seen him. Kristian Dennis was immense upfront aswell, constant running and took his goal superbly.
I said we were all but safe after the win at tannnadice. We’re safe now, you can take that to the bank. Safe in January, my word. We are 6th with three games in hand on 7th, and seven of our next eight games are at home. Top six is very much ours to throw away.
Absolutely delighted. The best Saints team Ive ever seen. Good to be a Buddie!

Fantastic performance by St. Mirren, had a game plan, stuck to it, took their chances. Aye, Celtic pressed but other than the save by the keeper in injury time he had nothing overly difficult to do.

17 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

If it stays like this, will Lennon be fired immediately so the board can make a move for someone else, say Lampard? 

Turned on Sportsound and heard them saying that there was no point getting rid of Lennon now, just look for someone in the summer. Madness. 

Great result for the Saints, hope they enjoy the evening. 

2 hours ago, AllyM said:

It is an odd line up for sure. D-H and Flynn need managing so them being on the bench makes sense, but we could do with another body in there. Is Mason injured or away? Is Tait carrying a knock? Unless Connolly, Durmus and McAllister have been briefed to get stuck in, we are potentially carrying too many passengers when Celtic have the ball.

Alternatively, JG is a tactical genius.

The latter it is.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That has to be the end for Lennon now.

You'd think.

Was it my imagination or was Duffy Celtic's most positive player today? Not great (obviously) but he seemed to make the effort going forward.

Edited by imposs1904

2 hours ago, Stu said:

That's a random line-up. The only bit that isn't a surprise is Flynn on the bench as asking him to start twice in four days after so long out was always pushing it.

Goodwin seems to have decided if we don't know what our tactics are then there's no way Celtic will be able to work out what we're doing.

👀